A Cursed Jewel by SonadowIsLife
Summary:

Maybe he could fit in if he took a good decent shower and eat more...Along with dyeing himself into another color of course. Every person that had passed by him doesn't like him. Even some mere kids would shoot him with water from a watergun in the ears when he was asleep! He didn't want this life. He wonders if he could just take another person's body and live inside that one, because he wanted nothing to do with his own blue and peach one. Every person that had touched him, or has anything that originally belonged to him was always rewarded with bad luck. Some so bad that they would die. He wanted to kill himself for hurting so much people, but someone in the shadows made him think differently.


Categories: Sonadow Characters: None
Genres: Romance/Fluff
Warnings: Blood, Swearing
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: No Word count: 6075 Read: 20459 Published: July 06, 2012 Updated: July 11, 2012

1. The Greedy Woman by SonadowIsLife

2. The Noticer by SonadowIsLife

3. Naps by SonadowIsLife

The Greedy Woman by SonadowIsLife
Author's Notes:

Here's something I've been secretly working on. I've only finished writing two chapters so far, so just read these two first.

A Cursed Jewel

By: SonadowIsLife

 

Chapter One: The Greedy Woman

 

“Outta my way.” People who rushes by says the same thing over and over again to a poor little blue hedgehog. He wasn’t needed on this street. He wasn’t needed in this town. He wasn’t needed in this Country. He wasn’t needed in this world. He, the azure hedgehog with green orbs of delicacy, wasn’t needed at all. He was a waste of space.

 

“Stupid rodents...” They would mutter as they passed by him. But that was after kicking him aside, scraping him, adding just another cut or bruise to hundreds of what was already on his weak body.

 

Rarely, but it still happens: A Nicer  kind of people passes by him by accident. They would kneel down in front of him and say, “Hi there!” After that they would go ahead and try this mindless move, called ‘petting’.

 

“Ow!” They would exclaim, and look at their blood stained hands.

 

They would look back at the hedgehog and snarl, “Why you...” And get ready to kick him just like all the people. But before they ever had time to do so, they would always somehow notice his quills.

 

“Here, let’s make a deal. You give me a quill of yours and I’ll go and buy you some food?” They would say.

 

The hedgehog, despite being tricked so many times, would always convince himself to believe. He was already hurt and damaged so much, physically and mentally, he just didn’t care anymore.

 

The person would smile and hold out their hand, waiting for the hedgehog to pull a quill from himself and give it to him/her.

 

The blue one, on the other hand, hated taking a quill out because it hurt to badly and would bleed for such long times that he hated to think about it. It was just like little boys about the age of six and those broccolis their moms would make and force the kid to eat. But...The spiky creature did it anyway, and it popped off with a yelp and some blood. The person would smile again and wave good bye. He, himself would stay and wait for the person who promised him food. But he didn’t know that he would never see the person again...Or did he? If he did, then why did he give him his quill? He has his own reason.

 

One day, he found a newspaper on the ground and decided to see what was on it. He couldn’t read, so he just looked at the pictures. And there it was, he wasn’t surprised, the very person that asked for a quill from him and said that he would give him food, and yet never did, his wife dead on the floor with one eye open. In the eye was his very own quill.

 

Bad things has happened to every person that had one  quill, or maybe just a little dust made out of it. And would  happen.

 

He would sigh and throw the kind of paper kids have no interest in reading away and turned and look at the wall his back rested on. He would take a finger and lightly touch the bleeding part of his body, and make a fresh new tally mark made from his painful blood.

 

He sighed and said, “The one-hundred and twenty fourth time...”

There were 24 completed tally marks (multiply 5 and 24. You’ll get 120). Off to the side stood the new line of blood that signaled the new number, four.

 

*XXX_XXX*

 

The man walked into his house and called for his wife to see the quill. The woman’s heavy steps indicated that she heard and was coming.

“Terrance, what do you have now--Oh!” She said. “What in pink elephants is that?”

“This, honey, is a blue quill. You see that? A blue  quill! AND from a real hedgehog!” He held it out in front of the woman who’s eyes were wide and her mouth agape.

“Impossible!” She exclaimed. “Let me see it.” She said as she snatched the unnatural colored quill.

“Well?” Terrance said.

“This...This is quite unreal...” The woman’s hands suddenly shook uncontrollably. “We can sell this for a lot of money, Terrance.”

“Yes, we could. But...Are you alright dear? You’re hands are not really stable.” Terrance asked in concern.

The woman however, doesn’t seem to notice and kept on examining the blue object.

“It’s beautiful.” She cackled.

But a scream shortly followed that comment.

“Alyssa!” Terrance said and took a step forward to his wife.

One of her eye was currently bleeding and holding the blue quill, while the other eye closed, making tears fall down because of the weight (of her eye lid)

“Take it out!” She screamed.

“But honey, you’ll have to hold still!” Terrance told her.

He was right. She was thrashing around, making it hard--almost impossible--for him to take the quill out.

“I don’t care.” She didn’t bother following what her husband had said. What was wrong with him? Can’t he just pull the quill out?

“But--” The man said.

“Enough! Are you going to take it out, or not?!” The poked-in-the-eye-Alyssa asked, her patience evaporating.

“Well, it’s really in  there, so you’ll have to stop moving arou--”

“Then that tells it.” She cut him off.

She opened her other eye and headed of to somewhere else, probably a place with a mirror.

She walked in front of the mirror and started saying something before actually looking in the clear glass. “Stupid Terrance and his reasoning that doesn’t even make any bit of--” Her comment was seized by a sharp gasp that came out instead.

Alyssa tried to keep the horror to herself, but it was just too much for her.

“AAAAAHHH!!!” Her shriek was heard all the way from their little house to the owner of this precious blue quill.

 

-----------------------

 

Sonic looked a bit sad and said, “Oh well. I guess they won’t give me the food now.” And laid his blue spine back onto the hard brick wall.

Then a small smirk settled in place as he closed his eyes.

“Serves them right...” He mumbled.

But in the end, he would know deep inside his heart that it was his fault. His fault for being cursed.

 

-----------------------

 

To Alyssa’s horror, her left eye was bleeding terribly; with the quill seem to be stuck in there.

She grabbed the quill and tried yanking it out, but it was too slippery, and the quill slipped out of her fingers every time she made a pull for it.

“Curse this...This...Whatever it is!” She yelled.

She got frustrated, for this quill just won’t get out and seems to be playing some kind of trick on her. It stayed in her eye without giving off any signs of being loose as if saying, ‘ha, you didn’t even get me loose! How are you going to ever get me out? And don’t think this is bad. I’m staying here as a mark.’

“A mark?” She asked.

How foolish. The quill didn’t speak to her at all. She just got this feeling that there was something about this quill that felt like something...Almost like a flag you would stick into the ground to say that your country has been to this place. In fact, it felt just  like that. Like she was a piece of land--a prey--and the people--the predator--was after her. Well, they’ve made their mark now...

Actually, Sonic the Hedgehog had made his mark on the poor woman that died the next morning.

 

-----------------------

 

‘I’d just killed a person.’ Sonic thought.

 

He thought the same thought for the one-hundred and twenty fourth time.

 

End Notes:

Well, the woman died of blood loss in case you didn't know. Originally, I was planning for the man to get both his legs cut off, but I changed it unconsciously. Hope you like it so far, and review!

The Noticer by SonadowIsLife
Author's Notes:

So here's another chapter, and I hope you enjoy. In this chapter there was a mansion involved, and I didn't really want to write a discription about it, so I almost typed in 'imagine your own'. That would've been fun, except I thought 'then how am I supossed to write anything about it?' so I did  put in a discription. It's very confusing though...

Chapter Two: The Noticer

 

 

 

Sunlight pierced through the thin layer of glass that stood next to the blue hedgehog’s body. Some blood sticked to it. It wasn’t as fresh, but it’s not old either. Judging from the color, it was probably shed yesterday.

 

His eye lids opened, but closed quickly. (Yeah, uh, no, he’s not dead. Did you really think he’d commit suicide after he’d killed one of the many people? It’s only the 124th time afterall...Come on people, think LOGICALLY. And if you were him, would you do that? I don’t think so. Unless 124 is a lucky number for you...Or unlucky.)

 

“Ugh...No...” He groaned and slipped his hand over his eyes.

 

“Another day...I don’t want  another day...” He covered his face with both his hands.

 

A small shadow passed by him. He didn’t mind much, but it made him pause for a bit. If someone knows him and of his actions (not really his  actions but...), he would be dead, right about now.

 

His body tensed, and he didn’t dare move. The blue hedgehog’s jade eyes darted around, left, right, up, down. When the shadow didn’t pass for the next two minutes, he relaxed his just tense body and slumped back to the wall.

 

Whoever was there seemed to be relaxed as well.

 

Wait a minute...If that person relaxed, that means that he/she made a move. And if he/she made a move then...

 

“Someone’s there!” He shouted.

 

He shot up, and looked around. He didn’t like mornings. He never did. But if that’s to prevent somebody--anybody--in finding him, he would have to do it as a job.

 

“Who’s there?” Sonic asked.

 

There really was no point in hiding yourself if the other one already knows of your existence.

 

Apparently, the mysterious shadow didn’t want to reveal itself (using him/her is really annoying, so I’ve decided to use ‘it’).

 

Sonic sighed and put a hand to his head.

 

“I haven’t done this in a while...But let’s see what I can do.” The azure creature dashed away.

 

The shadow took a quick scan of the wall of blood tally marks and where this place was located, then quickly followed the hedgehog, staying in its safe hiding place--the shadows.

 

 

 

--In the Cities--

 

 

 

The blue hedgehog ran through the cities faster than anywhere else. He knew no one in the cities would like him or care about him, and they would probably throw rocks at him. He would normally look straight ahead and run. Just run.

 

When he does that, he felt like that he was escaping his curse, and all his problems. But once he stopped, he could feel his troubles come rushing back to him. A feeling that he hated.

 

So basically, he zipped through the cities as fast as he could, which was pretty fast.

 

The shadow could barely catch up with it, but it kept its pace with the blue one. It wanted to know what he was up to.

 

 

 

--In a Forest--

 

 

 

Sonic stepped into a big white forest where no one goes into.

 

He sighed and let the back of his hand wipe off some of the sweat on his forehead. “White Forest...”

 

Whoosh...

 

Something washed past the blue one. The shadow.

 

“You’re still here? And I thought I  ran fast...” Sonic called. The last sentence was directed to himself.

 

That earned him a chuckle.

 

“So...Why are you here?” Sonic looked up to the woods.

 

“Just following you.” It said in the shadows.

 

Sonic’s ear twitched a bit, and he turned to where the voice spoke.

 

“Well, you know, following is not nice. And...Do I know you?” Sonic asked. The voice sounded...Kind of familiar.

 

“Sorry, can’t answer that one, hedgehog. But wherever you’re going, I’m following.” It said.

 

‘The way he used the word ‘hedgehog’ as my name...’ Sonic thought.

 

“You wouldn’t happen to be S--” Sonic asked, but was interrupted by a big robot stomping through the forest.

 

“Ugh...” Both Sonic and the shadow said at the same time. When Sonic realized that the shadow said that as well, he was stunned.

 

“You know that guy?” He asked.

 

“Of course.” It replied. The way it said it made it clear that it won’t say anything else.

 

Hohoho! It seems like I’ve found you, you little rodent! You can’t hide from me FOREVER!!” The robot said.

 

“Hey, uh, sorry, but I can’t deal with you right now. I have a stalker here...” Sonic laughed.

 

“Like I’m  the stalker. He is.” The shadow said. And Sonic could imagine the shadow rolling its eyes--if it had eyes.

 

“Well, why don’t I just sit down and take a nap? I’m kinda tired...” Sonic said as he laid down and closed his eyes.

 

“Alright. Just don’t open your eyes again until I tell you.” And with that, the shadow launched out and started attacking the robot.

 

As promised, Sonic didn’t peek. Of course, he wanted to, but he knew a way to keep from doing what he had told not to do. Just don’t think about it.

 

After hearing a few clings , and clangs , along with some cursing from the robot, Sonic finally heard an explosion.

 

“CURSES!!” The fat man said from his escape floating device, shaking his fist as if to shout out his anger. “I’ll be back! I’LL BE BACK!!” And with that, he floated away.

 

“You can open your eyes now.” The shadow said.

 

Sonic revealed his green eyes and stood up again. Again, the shadow was no where to be seen.

 

“Ohhh...I get it...” Sonic said. Then, he smirked and came up with his final answer. “Stalker.”

 

“Hmph. I can do whatever I want.” It said.

 

‘And the way he ‘hmph’ed like that...Isn’t he...?’ Sonic thought.

 

“Well? Get going hedgehog. I don’t have all day.” It said.

 

Sonic pushed his previous thought to the back of his head and stretched his back.

 

“Very well.” He said, and ran to who-knows-where...With the shadow stalking close behind..

 

 

 

--Mansion--

 

 

 

Sonic, the blue blur, stopped in front of a particular mansion.

 

The house was white. There were four white columns standing in front of the house, keeping the small roof on top up. Huge windows decorated the mansion on the outside. One on the left, one to the right, and the last was toward the very top of the house. A fountain stood in the middle of front yard, with a surface of flat smooth rocks. Two trees grew left and right the sides of the mansion. They look taken well care of, because their leaves are green and shone brightly under the sunlight. Also because it looked like they were fixed and trimmed monthly. Around the house grew flowers with bright colors such as red, blue, orange, pink, and purple.

 

“Does this look familiar to you?” Sonic asked, sure that the shadow had caught up with him.

 

“...Weeeell...Yes.” It replied.

 

“Okay...Then does the name...Maria ring a bell with you?” Sonic asked.

 

“...That...” The shadow hesitated.

 

“Well? It’s just a name...” Sonic urged.

 

“Yes.” It replied.

 

“...So I was right. You’re Shadow the Hedgehog...Aren’t you?” Sonic said with raised eyebrow along with a sideways smile. (I think you can imagine that, can’t you?)

 

“Very well.” The shadow stepped out of its hiding place, revealing a black and red hedgehog. “I see your observing skills has improved a bit, Faker.” He said.

 

“Oh, wow, you’ve got me on quite a search there, buddy. I haven’t had to think like that for...Months! But thanks for the brain jog anyways.” Sonic laughed.

 

“Hmph. I’ve figured that you’d need some exercise not just in your legs but also your mind and brain. You’re really stupid from what I think if you don’t know yet.” He folded his red streaked arms.

 

“Yay, another compliment from the Ultimate Lifeform. Geez, seriously, you should really stop throwing insults at people. The insult being obvious doesn’t help, in any  way.” Sonic walked closer to the hedgehog.

 

“I don’t care.” He said plainly.

 

“Hey, have you been in there for the past few days?” Sonic changed the subject.

 

“Actually, now that I think about it...No.” Shadow said.

 

“Then why don’t we get in there and bust something?” Sonic asked, already getting ready to destroy something valuable in that huge house.

 

“I agree on going in there, but I don’t approve of you destroying something--anything--in there. Now come on, hedgehog.” Shadow started walking towards his big house.

 

“Whoa...” Sonic said as he walked in.

 

The house was...Well, huge. They were welcomed into the mansion by laying huge steps of black and white on the left side and right side of the main room. The floor was black and white, checkerboard style. Red rugs lied on the two stairs. A gigantic glass chandelier hung on the ceiling in the main room. Down the stairs were slightly dimmer lights on the wall. They were small, so they looked just like candles.

 

Staring at them directly in the face was the living room. The floor was a layer of wooden planks that were polished. Of course, there was a huge flat screen TV on the wall, and to the other side of the room sat three long black sofas with comfy black pillows sitting on the cushions harmlessly. (The living room is rectangle shaped. It’s lined horizontally, so that means the room is very long from left to right. The TV is on the right side, and the sofas are to the left side of the room. I hope that clears it up) In between the three sofas was a big glass counter, rimmed with polished wood. On the walls were pictures of hedgehogs that look surprisingly similar to Shadow in fancy gold frames. The living room walls were a light yellow, matching with the wooden floor.

 

“You live  here?” Sonic asked.

 

“Mmm...Not really. I come here only when I’m bored out of my mind.” The darker hedgehog said.

 

“Well, I can always take over!” Sonic offered.

 

“Uh...No thanks.” Shadow said.

 

“Aww...Come on! I’d eat a turnip for you (it is said in a tone that sounds like a question)!” Sonic continued.

 

“As tempting as it sounds, no thanks.” Shadow refused once again.

 

While that they walked into the living room.

 

“Uh...I’ll let Amy torture me, and you get to see it for a...For an hour!” Sonic said.

 

“Well--” Shadow said.

 

“No, no wait. I won’t do that.” Sonic interrupted. “Forget about the mansion then.”

 

“Glad you dropped the idea.” Shadow said plainly.

 

The dark hedgie grabbed a bright red apple from the counter near the three sofas and tossed it in the air for a few times. Then, it stopped dead in his hand.

 

“What?” Sonic asked.

 

“What’s with the...” Shadow started asking something, but stopped himself. He didn’t want to deal with it right now. Two long runs in a day were enough for him. He didn’t want to waste any more of his energy asking the question and dwelling on it.

 

“Nevermind.” He said.

 

He walked out of the living room and onto the left side of stairs. Sonic followed.

 

“Why are you following me?” Shadow asked without looking back.

 

Sonic rolled his eyes, not like Shadow would see it or anything, and said, “Well, you followed me earlier...”

 

“Fine.” He said.

 

They were both in a hallway where they would see the chandelier perfectly fine.

 

“Where are you going, then?” The blue one asked.

 

“Bedroom.” Shadow said.

 

Sonic stopped in his tracks.

 

“Wait, what? You’re just gonna leave me?” He asked.

 

“Well, what do you want me to do?”

 

“Uh...At least--”

 

“Catch.” Shadow turned and walked away from the blue one while tossing the red apple to the blue speedster.

 

Sonic took a step back and caught it.

 

“Wait...What?” He stuttered with a surprised and confused face.

 

Shadow said nothing back, and just kept walking to his room.

 

“...Can I stay here?” He called.

 

No response.

 

“...Okay then.” He said to himself.

 

He followed the darker one for a bit, and chose the room next to him.

 

He just knew that he had to do that. There was some...Some kind of pull.

 

‘Hey,’ He thought. ‘I would get lost in here. So why can’t I be near him, so I won’t get lost? Ha, so clever of me.’

 

But he knew that that wasn't it. He knew that there was something special about that red and black hedgehog. The mysterious shadow in the morning, was Shadow the Hedgehog, after all.

 

And he was the noticer of his actions.

 

But the blue one alright with him knowing it. Why? Just the word ‘because’.

End Notes:

Well? What'd you think of it? Write it in a review!

Naps by SonadowIsLife
Author's Notes:

Uh...Yeah, so this chapter is about the dreams our two hedgehogs dream during naps. I know, weird, but you'll see why I put this in there. It's supposed to happen in the future with them, although I have no idea what'd gonna happen. It can change.

Chapter Three: Naps


 


Naps. That’s something that Sonic takes everyday no matter what. He would still take one even if Amy was bothering him. He would still take one even if his favorite song was playing. He would still take one if he and Knuckles were locked in a cage forever, but he would never accept that when he’s awake. He would still take one even if the world was ending. He’d end up saving it anyway. He would still take one even if Tails was about to run the X Tornado over his chilidogs. Okay, maybe not that. He would never let his little bro run over his precious babies.


But the main point is that Sonic has been taking naps ever since he was born.


And he most definitely wouldn’t have a problem in sleeping in the huge room next to Shadow’s.


Off to the side was one of the biggest windows he’s ever seen, letting him see all the scenery of the town. Everyone was busy, walking about on the streets along with the cars. Traffic lights flashing on and off, signaling for cars to go and stop. Trees and greens growing out of soft rick soil. A nice view of it doesn’t harm anything. And then there was the king sized bed right in the middle of the room. Next to the bed was a tall lamp. On the other side of it stood a short drawer, there for the owner to put things in or on. Pushed to the wall, opposite side of the window was a closet that Sonic was sure that had some clothes in it. The floor was a carpet, the color of blue.


‘Hmm...I guess I’ve chose the right room after all...’ He thought.


Sonic sighed and plopped himself onto the big, welcoming bed with both his hands behind his head. Then, he removed one of the hands and held it out in front of him in the air.


He stared at the apple. “Maybe I should eat it...” The red fruit reflected in his green eyes. “But...I shouldn’t...” He debated over himself.


He thought and thought for some time, and finally, he came up with this answer. He was satisfied with it.


“It’s a special apple.” He said proudly.


‘Why?’ A small voice asked from the back of his head.


‘...’ Sonic had no answer for that little word.


‘Is it because of the dark hedgehog? Is he...Perhaps, special, instead of the apple?’


Sonic thought about that. It did make some sense...But how? How did it make sense? The more he thought about it, the less logic showed.


‘Think about it. He’s not just any person. He’s special .’ The voice echoed.


Sonic thought, ‘ ‘He’s special’.’ He repeated. ‘How...?’


Then, he sighed a big, heavy sigh.


‘Enough thinking. I need sleep.’ And instantly, he passed out.


The red apple gleamed in the sunlight from the window.


 


*XXX_XXX*


 


He appeared in a white room with no walls whatsoever.


“Welcome!” A loud, deep voice said.


“Uh,” Sonic looked up to a house sized apple. Red to be exact. “Hi...”


It had two black eyes, and a big, big mouth was slightly under it.


“Why so shy? You thought I was special didn’t you? So why don’t you go ahead and talk to the special apple that’s 100 times bigger than you?” It said happily. Honestly, it sounded a lot like a Goofy from Micky Mouse, and that made it hard for Sonic not to grin. Only the awkwardness stopped him.


If you think talking to a giant apple the size of a house is not awkward, then something is defiantly wrong with you. Going to the hospital is mandatory.


“Shadow gave you to me, didn’t he?” He questioned the giant apple. It was just like Pocahontas talking to Willow the willow tree.


“Oh, why yes. Why do you ask?” It replied.


“Well, a small little voice told me that Shadow was special...Not you.” The blue hedgehog said, still tilting his head up to see the oversized fruit.


The apple gasped. “Hurtful!” It said.


“No, it’s not meant to be hurtful. It’s just that...Is it true that he’s special?”


“Well, he can be only special to you.”


“Are you wise?” He asked. “You know, because of your size. And you look kinda...Old.”


“More hurtful sayings...But, yes. I am wise. Very much so.” It said.


“Then tell me, wise, gigantic, awkward apple, do I care for him?” He asked.


“...That, I cannot tell you.” The apple said. “I can only tell you that you will find the answer soon, with him by your side.”


“Then...If I do care for him...Maybe...Maybe I lo--” Sonic’s voice was cut off.


 


The scene shifted...


 


He was now in a dirty street with the very black and red hedgehog he just talked about.


“Why...?” Sonic asked. He was dirty like a pig that just had a mud bath.


“Why what?” Shadow asked back.


“You know that I am cursed, and I can kill you by just giving you a quill of mine...But why...Why do you still stay by me?”


“Ha, foolish hedgehog. I have a secret too, you know? Everyone has secrets.” Shadow said.


“Secret? You?” Sonic couldn’t believe it. He felt as if some weight was lifted off of his chest. He wasn’t the only one who had secrets!


“Yes, me. But I won’t tell you it. Not right now. It’s not the right time.” The crimson striped hedgehog said to the blue one.


“And...” Sonic said.


Shadow looked at him. “Yes?”


He gulped. “I’m sorry.”


“For what, Faker?”


“I’m probably the one who ruined your life. I’m the worst thing that has ever happened to you...And you probably want to kick me out of your life--”


Shadow punched him in the face.


“Your words are what makes me want to kick you.” He said. “So stop doing your ‘it’s all my fault’ thing. It’s not true.”


“Then tell me, Shadow.” Sonic looked at him with sad eyes. “Tell me what IS true.”


“...What’s true, is that you, Sonic the Hedgehog, the cursed hero, is the best thing that has EVER happened to me.” Shadow said.


Sonic could feel tears building up in his eyes.


“You’re lying.” He said. “I-I killed so many people...So m-many innocent people...”


“Faker, stop it.”


“And...I’ve caused so many pain for so many people...So many people, Shadow...So many...”


“Stop blaming it all on yourself. It’s not good for you. That’s what I used to do. Then look what happened to me. I’m a mess.” Shadow pointed to himself.


“No, Shadow. I deserve--” Sonic was cut off once again. But this time, by the soft lips of the black hedgehog.


They both shared a small gentle kiss.


 


The scene paused. Then slowly faded away.


 


­*XXX_XXX*


 


“I’m not gay!” He bolted upright shouting. He was sweating. Hard.


‘...But it felt good.’


He lied back down onto the bed, looking at the apple that was still in his hand. If it was as big as it was in his dream, his hand would be squished right now.


‘It felt really  good...’ He repeated.


--Shadow’s room--


 


Click.


Shadow closed the two big doors of his room. The floor was covered by a black carpet with red streaks lining vertically.. The ceiling was basically made of glass--it was a window to be exact.  Fluffy cumulus clouds floated about freely in the blue sky. The dark hedgehog could see some green leaves that hung from the trees that grew near his mansion.


Since his room was so big--the biggest bedroom in the mansion--he can choose between his beds. He has a water bed, vibration bed, a Sleepy’s bed, and the bed that he uses when he’s sick, voice activated. Oh, another thing is that all the beds are king sized. Same as Sonic’s room, he has a drawer next to every of his bed, nice golden bells sit quietly on the side of each drawer. Butler bells. Although they are not in use, because the big mansion is only occupied by the two fastest hedgehog.


In front of all the beds was just one humongous TV big enough for whoever who was on whatever bed of the four have a good view of the screen. Then, the space next to the television was filled with his closet. Inside were dark clothes with different shades of black (meaning different shades of gray, along with the color black). From time to time, you would come across some white shirts. Off to the side were some of his small, harmless  hand-guns, as Shadow calls them. Next to them were bullets.


Then, there was some kind of miniature hallway, and there was a door. If you opened it, it would lead to the bathroom.


On the only side that hasn’t been mentioned yet stood a wooden bookshelf filled with big and long books that Sonic just couldn’t stand. For sure, every book reaches at least 400 pages. A lot of them was about wars and death, but on top of the shelf was a pile of newspaper. One was about him and the blue hedgehog using Chaos Control to transport the A.R.K. to somewhere else that was far away from Earth. But the others were all about the cocky azure hero. Like, what he did on April 29th 2012, or how many mile he ran on his 586th long run. Paparazzies stalk him all the  time to get information, but all that did was get Shadow to be disgusted of their actions (the humans).


On the walls hung pictures of Shadow’s ancestors’ marriages. One showed a black hedgehog and a female lion. Another one, a dark hedgehog and a female weasel. Another showed a Shadow the Hedgehog look-alike and a female dog. All females, no males.


‘They’re all married to women. Why no men?’ Was what went on in Shadow’s mind. Then, a puzzled look  covered his face. ‘Why would I think that? It’s not like I’m going to marry a male. Maybe I won’t even marry anyone.’


‘Not true.’ His mind said.


‘Oh yeah? You’ve got evidence?’ Shadow argued, not at all surprised that there was a voice there. That’s probably because he was always thinking twice about things. Somethimes even three times, just to make sure.


‘You don’t know the future, but you will fall in love. The person is not one you would expect.’ The voice debated.


‘So you know the person who I am going to fall in love with?’ Shadow asked.


‘...Yes and no.’


Shadow scoffed. ‘I knew t.’


‘You’ll find out on your own, with a little help from the blue Faker.’ The voice started to fade. But before it was gone, it said, ‘He’s extraordinary. You’ll like him.’


Shadow shook his head.


“...And my sanity’s gone.” He mutters to himself.


He chose the water bed, since it was only going to be a small nap. He jumped on, feeling the water slosh around in the plastic bed under himself.


“ ‘He’s extraordinary’.” Shadow parroted. “ ‘You’ll like him’.” He copied the words the little of his mind had said.


‘His curse reminds me of my own problem...’ He thought. ‘Like when I  was little, and kicked around...Like I wasn’t living at all.’


His hand moved to his white chest fur, ruffled it until some loose white fur fell off. He held it in front of him.


‘I am just like him...And he is just like me.’ Shadow’s mind formed the two sentences.


He threw the fur away, and closed his eyes. Slowly, his consciousness slipped away.


 


*XXX_XXX*


 


Shadow was in a white room, with nothing in it. Then, a copy of Shadow appeared, except that it was a black and white version.


“Hello.” The copy said.


“...Hi...” Shadow said suspiciously.


“Don’t worry. I am just a copy of you. The voice that was telling you things about love.” It said.


“Yes...And you were talking nonsense. You can’t be me. I don’t talk nonsense.” Shadow glared at him. A copy of him? Unacceptable. Although there were already copies of him in Eggman’s old base.


“But of course. He is not just anyone. You will find that you care for him. You will like him, and he will become a part of you.”


“You don’t say what my future is. You can’t control it.”


“But Fate can.”


“Hah, Fate. Fate, you can change.”


“You care for him.”


And before Shadow could say more, the copy disappeared.


“Fucking copies...” Shadow managed to say before the scene changed.


 


The scene changed...


 


On one of the fewer days, Shadow would be the one to ask Sonic questions, instead of the opposite.


“What’s a kiss?” He asked.


“Oh, you don’t know what a kiss is? Well, it’s the simple thing that you do with your lips and your mouth, sometimes your tongue. It is to express that you love somebody.” Sonic explained.


“But...Aren’t we always doing that? Talking? Like, right now.” Shadow said.


“Oh, well, that’s just talking. Talking doesn’t mean your kissing anyone. You have to be close to the person you’re kissing, because both of you have to let your lips touch.” Sonic used a finger from both hands, and pressed the two digits together.


“Oh, you mean like this?” Shadow asked as he dove forward and pressed his lips on Sonic’s, without releasing for a long time. The only reason he moved back is because he needed to breathe.


Sonic looked at him with shock. He looked at his fingers and realized that his fingers were still touching. Maybe that’s why Shadow stayed there for so long. Because Sonic’s fingers never separated.


“Wow, you need a lot of air to kiss...” Shadow said.


“Oh, no, no, sorry. You don’t need to stay so long. The shortest kiss, is that you just dive and give a quick peck.” Sonic hesitated before he demonstrated himself, letting their lips touch again just for a millisecond.


“But then,” Sonic continued when he made space between them again. “There’s also this way that you move your lips, and also another kind where you use your tongue.”


“Okay...Can you show me?” Shadow asked.


“Errm...Weeeell...I DID mention that you only do that to the person you love, so--” Sonic said.


Shadow lunged forward and kissed Sonic for the third time.


Sonic slowly gained control as Shadow waited for him to do something. Sonic pulled Shadow closer to his body and put a hand on his neck.


 


As much as Shadow want the dream to continue, it stopped, as if it was a movie, and whatever was happening slowly darkened until you couldn’t make out what they were.


 


*XXX_XXX*


 


“N...” Shadow bit back what he was about to say. (He was gonna say ‘no’)


“I...Wanted that to continue?” Shadow questioned.


He couldn’t help it. During the dream, it felt so real. And whenever their lips touched, he could feel his stomach doing strange and annoying flips.


But in the end, it felt...Good.


 


Oh well, I guess everyone learned something. Naps. They are simple breaks that you take during the day when you’re too tired. But you can also have dreams that you’d never forget in your whole life during one.

End Notes:

The only reason I didn't put in details about the settings for Shadow, is because he didn't pay any attention to it, because he was so focused on what was happening to him. So yeah. R&R!~ (This is gonna be my tradmark now: ~Nyan)

~Nyan!

This story archived at http://www.sonadow.com/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=1009