Truth or Dare by EssentiallyErratic
Summary: Blah I suck at summaries, so just read the damned thing ;P Oneshot
Categories: Sonadow Characters: Sonic x Shadow
Genres: None
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes Word count: 1217 Read: 6231 Published: January 24, 2007 Updated: January 24, 2007

1. ToD by EssentiallyErratic

ToD by EssentiallyErratic
Author's Notes:
Uh... I am aware that this sucks more then... well... y'know. Abrubtness ahoy! *shot*. Random inspiration from a song I was listenin' to on teh radio. Well... Now it's 3:00 AM exactly o.O'' so here is my Godly peace o' crap for y'all to read! :D
A game of Truth or Dare. It seemed innocent enough, upon being explained the rules for the first time. In fact, it was supremely childish for him. However, the consistent nagging of his ‘friends’ had gotten him into sitting on the floor, as part of the circle on the dark navy carpeting.

According to a small ‘mini game’ of Rock Paper Scissors, it was that blindingly pink hedgehog’s turn first. She wasn’t dressed in her rather short red dress, but rather in the evening attire known as ‘PJs’, in a pale blue colour that made her slightly easier on the eyes. She gave off a rather searing noise one would call a ‘squeal’, before she paused to think over her question, or dare.

Of course, he needn’t pay much attention, nor did he want to. After all, the only time he would need to participate is when his name is called, and he had a knack for being chosen a long ways down the line for these childish games, according to the blue one.

The hedgehog in his thoughts suddenly stood up, and he broke out of his unseeing stare to watch the amusement. The blue ‘hero’ apparently had to go out into the streets below, and yell, like bloody murder, the alphabet, backwards. He had to admit, it would be quite funny to see the azure one do so, and a smile even crossed his features at the thought.

Of course, they watched from the bat girl’s, Rouge’s, apartment window. They had opened it all the way, and were crowded around it, each wanting to get a good view of Sonic the Hedgehog making a fool of himself in the middle of the night.

The event itself lasted a whole five minutes, the blue one really made an effort for this. The hedgehog stood in the middle of the street, bellowing so loud he could have sworn he’d broken the sound barrier with his voice alone. Several dozen residents of the apartment, and those surrounding, were woken up, and all opened their own windows to scream at the blue one to ‘shut the fuck up’, as one crudely put it. The azure hedgehog finished his display, and gave a salute to the angered residents, before seemingly disappearing into the night. Of course, he was only coming back inside. They were all laughing heartedly, even the blue one himself, whilst he only chuckled inwardly. He knew that it would surprise the others, hearing him laugh along with them. After all, they’d never heard him laugh before.

According to the rules that had been oh-so-vaguely explained to him, it was the blue hedgehog’s turn to traumatize another soul. He chose that hot-headed echidna, who of course chose dare. It seemed to be the ‘manly’ thing to do.

The blue one took his time to ponder over his dare, and it took him a full five minutes to think of one he seemed to deem ‘worthy of the occasion’. The echidna was to dress in the pink hedgehogette’s old Halloween costume, which was the ever so common fairy princess, run down the busiest street in the city, in broad daylight and sing ‘Barbie Girl’. That, of course, would put the game on hold until that dare was fulfilled.

Rouge, being the hostess of the little ‘slumber party’ as the pink one named it, decided that they call it a night. It didn’t take too long for the majority of them to settle down in their appointed sleeping spots (the younger ones, and the females obviously getting a bed), though he was sure that echidna was seething over his task.

The following morning, he was woken much earlier then he would have preferred, by a pair of hyperactive children, one of which was quick to complain about the lack of morning cartoon watching. He grumbled slightly and moved off of the couch that he had been so comfortably sleeping on, and proceeded with his usual morning duties.

At around midday, they traveled as a group to the busy street, following the echidna,
who hung his head in a dejected way as he trudged to his impending doom. The blue one was smirking in an almost evil way, obviously satisfied with what he chose.

It was time for the echidna to begin, and he started jogging through the crowd, screaming at the top of his lungs ‘I’m a Barbie girl’. He snickered, whilst the other members of the group roared with laughter, Rouge capturing it all on video. She had done the same to Sonic, but given it was dark, one could hardly see the hedgehog on tape.

It was half an hour before the echidna finished, his muzzle as red as his fur. The group made their way back to Rouge’s apartment to continue their activities.

They all sat in a circle again, and he noticed that it was in the same places as the previous night. The echidna turned the torment onto Rouge, who chose truth, knowing what the echidna would want for a dare. The red one certainly was a perverted one.

The echidna certainly took longer with his part then Sonic did, hours in fact. Perhaps it was dim-wittery more then careful thinking. It wouldn’t surprise him. It was over dinner that the echidna came up with his question, and it was a simple question of whom Rouge ‘loved’. The azure hedgehog snorted into his meal, earning a glare form most of the party.

After they’d eaten, they sat back in the circle, same places as the two times previous. Rouge seemed contemplative, staring around at those who hadn’t been picked in the game yet. He tried to avoid her gaze, he had a distinctly unnerving feeling about what that brain of hers was cooking up.

His name was mentioned, and he quite visibly winced. He answered what all the males had so far.
Rouge paused for a minute, thinking hard. He saw a sly smile forming on her muzzle. He didn’t like that look. A few more minutes passed in silence, all present (excepting her of course) wondering what Rouge was about to unleash onto his soul.

All he heard was the phrase ‘kiss Sonic’, and that was all that he needed to yelp in surprise, and give a glare to the white bat. Not wanting to look inferior and backing down, he stood up, and the blue hero did the same.

Slowly, their faces inched closer. He could feel the azure one’s breath brush against his muzzle. His head tilted slightly at an angle as their lips pressed against each other. All coherent thought flew from his brain. He could feel the blue hedgehog grin into the kiss as it continued. Somehow his arms had ended up around the hero’s waist, pulling the two closer together.

The kiss was abruptly ended when they both lost balance and he fell forward onto the azure hedgehog, who fell on the floor. For a moment, he lay there, staring into the azure hedgehog’s eyes.

His muzzle donned a smile, which was returned, and they resumed their ‘making out’.


The End
This story archived at http://www.sonadow.com/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=506