To Every Story by Faded_Memoirs
Summary: You’re not certain what encouraged you to buy that little bar in the middle of a one way country hick town, but you’ve never had reason to regret that impulse. With visitors looking to shake off their woes you’re always happy to lend an ear.
Categories: Sonadow Characters: Sonic x Shadow
Genres: Angst
Warnings: None
Challenges: None
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes Word count: 2753 Read: 31104 Published: February 21, 2008 Updated: March 17, 2008

1. Sonic the Hedgehog by Faded_Memoirs

2. Shadow the Hedgehog by Faded_Memoirs

3. Epilogue by Faded_Memoirs

Sonic the Hedgehog by Faded_Memoirs
Disclaimer: I do not in any way shape or form own the following characters; they were invented by people with far more imagination than myself.

Muse: *hits Faded_Memoirs* You’re not meant to admit that you have hardly any imagination!

Faded_Memoirs: Ouch! That’s it you’re going back into the cardboard box where I found you.

Muse: If you put me back whose going to finish the story?

Faded_Memoirs: I – You – fine you win this round *sulks*

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Hey there! What’s your name? Ha, really? I think I knew someone by that name once. But I can’t quite remember. Me? What you mean you don’t recognise me? Well I am shocked really, I mean my picture was only in the paper yesterday.

Yo bud calm down, I am just joking with you. I don’t actually expect you to know my name. I am Sonic the Hedgehog saviour of the world… and by the way you haven’t seen a pink hedgehog around here have you?

Thank goodness, I was worried that she’d managed to find me again. She’s hard to shake that one, kind of like a boomerang, no matter how far you throw it the stupid thing always comes back.

Err, not that Amy’s stupid you realise, she’s a nice kid and all, but that’s part of the problem, she’s just a kid, with a rather large obsession.

Eh? What do you mean I look down? I am smiling aren’t I? My eyes are giving the game away ha? Geeze, I had no idea you were so staring so intently at them, like what you see?

Ouch! What did you do that for? All right, no more jokes. Seriously! I get it you don’t have a sense of humour. Drink? Oh, right thanks…

My problem? Well if I told you my problem was black and red with fur all over, would you leave it at that? No I didn’t think so, but hey it was worth a try. You’d be surprised what some people come up with, and look on their faces is always priceless.

All right, all right, no more kidding around, just stop hitting me with that thing would you? So my problem, well it’s kind of complicated. One of those horrid boy meets boy, boy hates boy, and hate turns to friendship and then well I won’t say love, maybe desire is better?

So why don’t I just tell him? That’s a good one! Oh I am sorry you were being serous? I didn’t mean to laugh, I thought you might actually have a sense of humour under that serious expression.

I can see that I didn’t explain this very well, you see Shadow… that’s his name. Well I wouldn’t really say were friends, it’s more like he tolerates me being around, but I think that’s just because he can’t be bothered killing me, probably too much effort on his part.

Then why do I like him? Well that’s kind of complicated, you see he's had a pretty messed up past, and it’s left some scarring on him. Not physically you understand just err… mentally and I guess that it all started when I realised he was actually strong, and not some demented psychopath. I mean… hell I don’t think I could have survived what he went through, and actually come out almost sane.

Hey don’t give me that look! I have a crush on the guy but even I am willing to admit he's not exactly completely sane, and if you ever see him angry you’d understand what I mean by that. But err… your not going to repeat any of this are you?

Oh good, now where was I? That’s right, he's been though a lot and always comes out on top… but its not just that, it’s the fact that he just doesn’t care what anyone thinks, it’s the way he never quits even when everything’s against him, and it’s the small things that most don’t see, don’t even know about.

He saved the life of a small child from being electrocuted during that storm a few weeks back, and he always brings Cream her favourite sweet whenever he sees her, through I know he’d be annoyed that I even knew about that… he doesn’t like to seem soft.

It’s not just that though, it’s the fact that he can challenge me. I’ve never met another creature that can equal me in speed, but he kept up with me, hell he almost won our little race a month or so back, although I still think he cheats by using those rocket powered shoes.

The intensity of his gaze, I’ve seen creatures freeze under it like a dear trapped in head lights. It’s amusing to watch, not that I condone him scaring helpless creatures and all, but it’s useful when you need information quickly.

You know what? I think your right it’s time I stopped being such a coward and told him all of this… well maybe not all of it, I do want to stay alive after all. Now I think Tails was talking with Shadow a while ago, he might know where to find him.

Thanks for the help bud, if you ever need anything done in a hurry give me a call!

You’re not quite certain where that blue hedgehog went while you were yawning, but you do know that it must be the lack of sleep that made you miss his departure. Perhaps later on you will do some research about this Sonic the Hedgehog, after all his name does sound vaguely familiar.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Faded_Memoirs: What was it I am meant to say here?

Muse: *long suffering sigh* thank you for reading my first Sonadow fanficton, oh and constructive criticism is love!

Faded_Memoirs: Yes everything my muse said! *muse hits Faded_Memoirs with a baseball bat*

Muse: *cackling with glee* no more cardboard boxes for me!

Faded_Memoirs: *out cold*
Shadow the Hedgehog by Faded_Memoirs
Keira: Ladies and gents we’re back with the next chapter of this overly sweet fic.

Faded_Memoirs: Who the heck are you?

Keira: … how could you not recognise your own muse?

Faded_Memoirs: But I didn’t give you a name!

Keira: *Sigh* I am a muse, a source of inspiration. It wouldn’t be that hard for me to find a name!

Faded_Memoirs: Right… well, on with the story.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Have you ever seen something so pure that to even stand next to it leaves you with a feeling of awe, of being unworthy, perhaps tainted?

No? Hmph, then you’ve obviously never come face to face with that blue hedgehog before. Yes him, the one that you’ve all immortalised with those ridiculous words and horrid photos. The one you turned on in an instant when you thought he was me.

Tsk, tsk, your drawing quite a few odd looks with your panicked breathing, do try and calm yourself, I simply deplore having attention directed at me. Despite what you may read in that despicable rag, I am not a bloodthirsty creature whose only thoughts are of revenge, well at least I am not feeling any homicidal tendencies at the moment.

Come now, I was making a jest do sit down… finally, would you like another… whatever that thing is that you’re drinking? It’s called a what? You humans do come up with some odd names. Very well let us both have one of these concoctions.

Yes of course you’re quite right I was going to tell you ‘just what is troubling me so’. Though why I’ve decided to talk to a complete stranger I don’t know. Perhaps it’s an instinctive need to connect with another being on an emotional level, or perhaps it’s simply the fact I am on my fifth drink and counting.

Now where were we? Ah yes, the blue blur. Now how do I explain this? After all words have never been something I excel at.

I think I may have developed feelings for him… argh, and just saying that out loud makes me feel ill to depths of my stomach.

What do you mean if talking about it makes me feel ill then how could I actually have feelings for him? Well there goes any illusions I may have had regarding your intelligence, I mean really, how else am I meant to feel after developing such… ridiculous feelings for someone I can barely tolerate?

I am not speaking a load of shit; you pathetic human, of course I can barley tolerate him! What do you mean when was the last time I seen him or even asked after him? What does that have to do with anything?

If you didn’t hear me the first time I am not repeating myself. Oh, very well the last time I asked after him was one week ago, and the last time I actually seen him? Well it depends what you mean by ‘seen’ as in laid eyes on him? Two days ago, but I haven’t spoken to him in three weeks and five days.

Why are you giving me that look? No I don’t think it means anything that I can recall just how long it’s been since I spoken to him. How do I feel when he's gone? What do you mean gone? I am surprised if he ever stands in one place.

Are you actually growling? I didn’t think that was possible for humans... don’t give yourself a heart attack kid, I’ll answer the question. Its… well empty, like an eternity of nothing is stretching out before me with no relief in sight.

When I am around him? I thought I covered that earlier. Indeed? You want me to ‘elaborate’ as I said he’s pure. It’s almost sickening really. Did you know he doesn’t like to kill? Won’t even use a gun, ridiculously sentimental. Don’t you agree? Think about it, if they’d simply eliminate the good doctor then half the trouble that plagues this world would disappear, or perhaps he would merely be replaced with a new evil? But now I am straying further from the topic.

It is this quality, these seemingly endless acts of mercy that leave me with a sense of… wonder. How can he forgive those who have proven themselves nothing but self serving creatures? Yet I have seen him do this countless times, and this quality leaves me feeling, almost undeserving of his constant offerings of friendship.

Tell him? I can see my earlier assessment of you intelligence has been proven. Do you truly think I would say this to him, risk his pity of all damnable emotions, for it would be pity, not hatred or disgust which I could understand and ignore… but pity, I could not abide that.

I am no coward! I guess you believe yourself to be an expert on such things then? Don’t make me laugh, you were cowering when this conversation first began, fearful when you finally recognised me for who I am.

Not a coward then? Just have a rather strong survival instinct. You are amusing human, but perhaps you are right. I have never run from problems, I always seek the answer to the end no matter how unpleasant the consequences.

Very well, I will find him, and end this pathetic wondering once and for all.

Oh, and human, it wouldn’t be in the interest of your health to ever repeat a word of this chat… In fact I think we can both agree that this never happened.

You’ve never been so relieved to see a patron leave the bar, and for a moment you wonder just why you always seem to end up being threatened on your day off. It doesn’t really matter, after all the night’s young yet and there should be some interesting tales left to hear.

______________________________________________________________________________________

Faded_Memoirs: Thanks again to all those wonderful people who reviewed the last chapter. With a special shout out to Takashi for pointing out the errors I missed. (Hopefully I’ve managed to fix ‘em all).

Keira: As always constructive criticism is welcome. Now let’s get to work on the last chapter.

Faded_Memoirs: What, right now?

Keira: …

Faded_Memoirs: Oh, all right…
Epilogue by Faded_Memoirs
Faded_Memoirs: *Clears throat* well the last chapter is somewhat unorthodox, and you’ll finally understand why I’ve been insisting on tacking on those P.O.V changes without due warning.

Keira: Ah ha, why don’t you just let them know that this fic was meant to be completed last chapter, but you just couldn’t leave it alone and had to add this one to give the whole thing closure *rolls eyes*

Faded_Memoirs: *Kicks muse* now as I was going to say, a big thank you to Taranea, SonadowBaby and Takashi who didn’t hesitate to point out my errors and therefore allow me to improve upon my fiction!

Keira: Improve on your fanfiction eh? Not a hard thing for you to do… and if you try kicking me again I am going to break your leg. Now enough rambling and on with the story!

______________________________________________________________________________________


It’s been two weeks since those rather odd hedgehogs paid your bar a visit and your not quite certain just why they’re still on your mind. Perhaps it’s just idle curiosity? Not that it matters really, after all it’s rare for anyone to come back to this hick town, and you’re quite certain you’ll never see them again, never get to find out just what the outcome to their story was.

For a moment you wonder why this bothers you so much before shrugging and cleaning up the last of the glasses, it was a slow night and you’ll be glad to see the end of yet another dull and dreary shift. Of course there’s always the paper work in your office to complete, but that can wait for tomorrow when you’re not so tired.

It shocks you that you didn’t hear them arrive, surely you weren’t that distracted, that tired? But one moment the bar was empty and the next, well the black Hedgehog was ordering the very drink he still can’t pronounce the name of.

The difference this time is quite obvious though, neither of them are here to talk to you, no you could almost think they’d decided to have their first date here with how unsure they were both acting.

Of course that doesn’t stop you overhearing the occasional sentence or two even over the pubs rather old Juke Box player. You have to resist the urge to smack the blue one when he makes a rather awful joke, unfortunately you don’t hear Shadows reply but it does make Sonic blush.

Smirking to yourself you almost miss their departure, and the rather prominent pause in the doorway as they try to gauge each other reactions… if you weren’t so amused you might yell out and tell them both to kiss all ready, but your inputs not needed here.

You’re almost certain it’s their first kiss, after all they both look extremely awkward and yes they’re actually blushing. The kiss itself is by no means perfect, in fact you’ve seen better kissing on T.V.

But there’s something about the way their eyes light up, an underlying emotion which you can’t quite put your finger on that makes this the sweetest sight you’ve ever seen, and long after the two are gone you can’t wipe that ridiculous smile form your face.

______________________________________________________________________________________


Faded_Memoirs: Yes I am aware that this last chapter was a wee bit short, but well I felt any extra detail would simply be useless information.

Keira: Well my loyal fans, this is it! Feel free to heap praise and admiration on me.

Faded Memoirs: *sweat drop* you’re getting more conceited as time goes on… N’way, as always constructive criticism is love, and thankyou so very much to each and every one of you who reviewed (or just took the time out to read).
This story archived at http://www.sonadow.com/fanfiction/viewstory.php?sid=696