Sonadow
SonicXShadow
He Is My Master by Taranea

Chapter 11: Kill Me, Kiss Me

Shadow twisted and the red sneaker soared past his head by inches. Sonic barely had time to snarl in frustration before a strong hand gripped his ankle and brought him down in mid-kick, the blue form crashing onto the floor.

“Pathetic.”

But Shadow had never expected the next move.

The black hedgehog had flung Sonic onto the boards by whirling around his own axis, still holding the leg of the speedster and then sending him flying headfirst into the corner. But peach arms had caught their owner soon enough, Sonic turning the momentum of his flight into a breakdance-like twist on the floor, lithe legs comingcoming around to connect with Shadow’s knee in split seconds.
The black hedgehog screamed as he fell.
“Still ‘pathetic’, you stuck-up…faker?” Sonic managed from where he had flipped onto his feet again, wiping blood from a split lip off his face with the back of his glove.
Shadow, in the other corner of the room, winced as he forced his damaged leg to support his weight again, but crimson eyes blazed as cold as light on a frozen blade.
“That, slave, was a mistake.”
Chaos Energy hissed as hover skates flared into murderous life.
“I’m not-”
Shadow charged.
It was maybe a tenth second slower than Sonic himself, but the almost red-glowing aura around the Ultimate Lifeform ensured that it was just as frightening. A punch grazed Sonic’s side as he ducked away and a defensive sideways kick into Shadow’s direction was blocked by another one, Chaos fire from the underside of the dark one’s shoes burning blue fur on a thigh.
“Cheater!” Sonic screamed in pain.
“Weakling!” was the scoffed reply.
A knee connected with Shadow’s stomach brutally.
“Stop underestimating me, Shads,” Sonic managed in between ragged breathing as the black hedgehog bent double, “It would save you a whole lot of hurt.”
The balled fist hit the blue hero’s solar plexus so fast even Sonic couldn’t have dodged. Stars of overstrained pain receptors streamed into the vision of the staggering speedster, the azure hedgehog powerless as Shadow finally uprighted himself and, wheezing, twisted a peach arm painfully onto Sonic’s back.
“Underestimating you, my little blue hedgehog, isn’t even possible.”


“Agh! Let go!” The supposed slave squirmed in his master’s grasp and against Shadow behind him, standing on his toe tips to instinctively escape the pain caused by the trapped arm.

“Not this time, Sonic. For once, you will do as I say,” the onstensible Prince pressed through his teeth, Sonic’s eyes squeezed shut in pain, mouth opened in a gasp caused by the punishment.
Then, a heel of a sneaker rapping down Shadow’s shin was the only answer.
It also took a good deal of black fur with it to undermine its statement.
The Ultimate Lifeform hissed, his grip slackening for fractions of a second and that was all the time Sonic needed. He whipped around faster than the eye could see, a swipe of his left leg and a punch to his face shattering Shadow’s balance and sending the dark one tumbling backwards into the writing desk. Sonic was on him in an instant, bending the other one over the wooden table, green eyes furious with insulted pride.

“Do what you say, ‘Shads’? Doing that almost got me raped,” Sonic snarled, looming over the other one pinned down onto the wood, feet encased in jet shoes not quite touching the floor where the black-furred hip half lay on, half hung from the edge of the table. “Do you wanna be screwed by someone you don’t even know? Does this feel good to you? Now give me the fucking key!”

The blue hedgehog had held down the wrists of the other with both arms oustretched, moving in between spread black legs as he brought his face closer to drive his point home. Crimson eyes finally opened and for some reason suddenly Sonic’s throat went dry. From up close, they somehow looked…different…Sonic wondered whether it might be because Shadow was in pain right now, but they were in some way softer…deeper, more expressive than he had expected them to be. Sonic’s expression of rage was gone as quickly as confusion took its place, Shadow giving him a slightly surprised, frowning look where he still lay fixated underneath him, almost as if he was asking a question without words.

The key, the key is in his quills, I should reach around his head, yeah, I can get it out and get rid of the collar, the…the key…some part of Sonic’s brain was insisting, but the blue hedgehog had frozen. He was suddenly aware of everything at once, the pulse in Shadow’s wrists in his hands, the rising and sinking of the white-tufted chest underneath him, his smell, the slight movements of the legs beside his lower body, the…the warmth of the fur where their bodies were touching where Shadow’s legs parted…heat was rushing to Sonic’s face and fast. He felt like every pore was gushing sweat and suddenly had the irrational desire to push his face into Shadow’s chest, nuzzling the body of the other until he had explored every detail. And Shadow still just…stared.

It was the first hedgehog-caused sonic boom in this dimension, but at least the thunderstorm outside covered up the shattering of the sound wall as the blue hero departed running.

Xxx

Shadow blinked. He continued to lie on the table for another ten minutes, trying to process what had just happened. Sonic attacking him…pressing him down…and somehow, he had not been angry at that moment, but just slightly surprised, all willing to wait and see what happens.
The black chest heaved with a sigh that was followed by a wince. Now that the adrenaline rush was wearing off, Shadow could also feel all the places where the other had hit him, his midriff and snout throbbing dully and a sharp pain lacerating through his thigh when he put weight on his left leg.

It had been…nice to be in contact with Sonic.

Shadow guiltily thought of all the times where he had attacked the speedster before, every contact of fists and shoes bringing also something else than pain, a tingle…and how he had sat down and watched the unconscious form that one time, when he had won. Just looking at the knocked-out blue hedgehog, chest slowly rising and falling in exhaustion…and of course, when Sonic had woken up, he had had no idea that the same one who had knocked him out had also guarded him when he was defenseless.

He is important to me. I want to keep him.

The realization sank through Shadow laggardly, like the tip of an iceberg slowly melting and trickling down.
A humourless chuckle followed it, unheard in the empty room.
Some time to find out. Well, as things are going now, I’m not sure what I’m supposed to do. And just when I thought I had some more time…

He hadn’t been able to tell Sonic yet, but when he had gone to see Black Doom this morning, it had turned out the alien overlord had actually left the castle on a surprise trip, destination top secret. Shadow was willing to bet his red highlights that this had something to do with the Chaos Emerald. However, the Horned One was expected back tomorrow and therefore Shadow had thought that this day they would maybe be able to just wait and relax…
…and maybe just get a little bit closer. If that blue idiot just wasn’t so goddamn stubborn!

A frown crossed the dark hedgehog’s face at that. Was it normal that a single person could drive you mad, entrance, intrigue, beat you up and amuse you at the same time?

I’m not sure whether this is love, madness, or both.

But I intend to find out.


Gritting his teeth at the pain of forcing his injured leg to walk, Shadow stood up from the table, walked out the door and set out to find his wayward slave and newfound interest.

Xxx

Sonic, meanwhile, had at least found the towers he had been looking for in the morning already. Now he was crouched on one of the walls, one knee drawn up to his chin, the other dangling down from the stone. Wind was blowing through his quills, calming him somewhat and cooling the bruises inflicted by Shadow. The storm seemed to have paused for the moment. Half-lidded emerald eyes stared ahead unfocused while their owner tried to understand life, the universe and black hedgehogs in particular.

Sonic also was badly beat up, yet he was someone used to get injured and was hardly paying attention to his aching body. Instead, with his face resting on his folded arms on his knee, he wished that everything was as straightforward as a battle with a genetically engineered Lifeform intent on smashing your bones.

“’s not right for him to keep me as his slave,” Sonic mumbled, his eye ridges drawing together slightly. Still, it wasn’t as if he had minded that terribly so far…Shadow had been kind…and Sonic was still wearing the collar. Even if Shadow hadn’t given him the key, there should have been a way to get rid of it, a kitchen knife or something…but he hadn’t. He still wore it.

“What is wrong with me?” Sonic asked himself quietly for the umpteenth time, a hand raising to brush along the choker, wishing he wasn’t alone at the moment but had someone he could ask in his confusion. Someone whom he could trust…Tails was his best friend, but not someone to whom Sonic could go with his more…adult problems. Knuckles also wasn’t a choice, even if the echidna could give good advice on other topics. Tikal, perhaps, but how to contact her? The various other girls weren’t even worth a try.

Sonic just wished he had someone right now who could understand him and maybe hold him…or just scratch me behind the ears.

Emerald eyes blinked. Again, odd thought. They seemed to be popping up more and more often. And he could feel the warmth in his cheeks already creeping up as he couldn’t help imagine time and time again Shadow being the one to calm him, pet him, hold him…

“This can’t go on,” the blue hero muttered, burying his hot face in his arms, faint feelings of humiliation making themselves known in a rather fierce flush.

“I just beat him to a pulp and now I want to cuddle up to him. Sonic the Hedgehog, you’re screwed up beyond belief.”

Well, at least he was feeling a little bit better. The fight with Shadow had helped to release the anger that had built up from the dingo incident. Sonic took a deep breath and stood from his perching place.

I should go look for him. Now that I think of it, he hasn’t said a word whether he’s found anything out about the Emerald…

He wasn’t sure what he would do when he found the other one. It was also very likely that Shadow would be royally pissed off and they would just brawl all over again. But Sonic knew that it couldn’t go on like this…he needed to find him. They needed to work things out. As Master and Slave…and maybe as something else as well.

To be continued...

xxx

Whee, back from Japan and with a fresh chappie of the story already written.^^ Well, how'd ya like the fight? In the next chapter, Sonic might find out that attacking the dingo was a Really Bad Idea...please read and review! :D