Sonadow
SonicXShadow
He Is My Master by Taranea

Only on Paper

“Right. You ready?”

Sonic merely nodded, before Shadow opened the door further and two spiky silhouettes slipped out into the corridor noiselessly, the time late after midnight. Neither the soft soles of Sonic’s sneakers nor the faintly glowing jets embedded into the skates of Shadow made any discernible sound as the two shadows vanished into the darkness, both moving with a stealth that belied their bolstering attacks in battle, neither of them a stranger to missions that included sneaking into a base undetected.

Triangular ears twitched as the shapes darted from corner to corner, picking up even the faintest tread of guards from corridors away, keeping out of their way instinctively. Both sleek forms moved in perfect harmony and synchronization, a look and a nod all that was necessary for ascertaining when to run and when to hide.

Sonic thought it almost funny.

As if Shads and I had already been with each other for years, he thought. Odd, but maybe it’s just because we’re both supersonic hedgehogs – I’m not the only one of my kind anymore…

Which was kind of a nice thought. Sonic even dwelled on it, a faint smile playing on his lips right until they stopped in front of a door.

“Here?”

Shadow nodded, before quietly opening it, peeking inside. “Yes,” he whispered. “These are the chambers of Black Doom, where he lives when he isn’t sitting in the throne room for official business. A cleaning slave girl showed them to me.”

“A cleaning slave? Was she a mongoose?”

“Is that important in any way? She was just a slave,” Shadow whispered, growing slightly irritated again.

“Shads! She was an individual just like you and me! You could at least have been polite and asked for her name or something!” Sonic hissed behind him, carefully stepping into the large, office-like room, cupboards and shelves full with documents and papers everywhere, dominated in the middle by a huge writing desk covered by a map.

“Sonic, do we have to go through this again? Be glad you haven’t ended up as a real slave and give this topic a rest.”

“…we’re not finished about this.” The blue hedgehog replied slightly surly, before asking, “So, where does this door lead? His bedroom?” A curious, white-gloved hand already opening the entrance in question.

“Sonic! What if-?!” Shadow hissed, alarmed, but it was an unneccessary worry. There was indeed a second room with a (literally) king-sized bed inside, but it, too, was empty.

“Huh. Where is he?” Sonic wondered. “Shouldn’t he be sleeping by now? We stayed up way past any sane person’s bedtime…” this was accentuated by a yawn.

“And you think ‘sane person’ would be a fitting description for Black Doom?” Shadow chuckled at this, daring to raise his voice a little as they were seemingly alone. “Let’s start searching for the Emerald. If it’s anywhere in the castle, it has to be here.”

Sonic nodded, and both hedgehogs repeated yesterday’s process. Wilted papers were sifted through, old, crested chests opened and gruesome paintings carefully lifted from the wall to see whether there were any concealed holes to maybe hide any magic gems of insane power.

After two hours of concentrated searching, Shadow suddenly noticed that Sonic had stopped working. The collared blue hedgehog stood at the table, seemingly reading the papers in his hand in the faint moonlight from the window. Shadow stepped up to him, frowning.

“What is it? Have you found something?”

Peach lips moved a bit before any sound came out.

“…yes. The ownership papers for me.”

“What? Let me see.” A black-furred arm reached over Sonic’s shoulder and grasped the edge of the documents. Sonic felt a bit unwilling and also slightly embarrassed as both of them read the information contained on the pages. It was an uncomfortable feeling and the blue hero constantly had to remind himself that it wasn’t really him this was about, because nobody could ever have gathered this data since he arrived in this dimension, but still…if it hadn’t sounded so utterly ridioulous, Sonic would have said he felt almost violated.

Emerald and crimson eyes travelled over the page…

Document of Ownership

Item: Pleasure Slave (1)

Sex: Male

Species: Hedgehog

Fur Colour: Royal Blue/ Peach

Height: 3.28 feet

Weight: 74 Ilbs

Age: (presumed) 17 years

Zone of Origin: Christmas Island

Last Sold For: 765 Gold Rings

Identificational Marks: Six large quills on head/ two medium sized quills on back/ Iris Colour Green/ Slightly arching blue tail/ Thin, aerodynamic body shape/ Very long nose

Training History:

Age at Time of Capture: 15 years (presumed)

Broken: Partly

Training as pleasure slave: Completed half-way

Dry Penetration: Yes

Genuine Penetration: No

Slave is: virginal

Additional Information for Owner:

Slave is yet to be broken completely, yet shows obedience towards certain indivduals. Needs to be supervised as strong flight impulse persists. Dry penetration only possible when fixated completely, due to-

“I think that’s enough about me,” Sonic said, snatching the papers out of the black hedgehog’s hand and pressing them to his chest, a light flush on his cheeks. Shadow wordlessly stepped back from him, facing Sonic with an expressionless gaze as the blue hedgehog slowly turned around, not quite looking his supposed owner in the eye.

“Was that information correct?”

What?! How the hell should I know, I never was…never was…” Sonic struggled with the next word, but Shadow cut him off.

“Not that. I meant the other data, your weight and height and similar.”

“Well…yeah. Pretty much, anyway. I think I’m about three pounds heavier or so…”

The words hung in the air a bit, fluttering there awkwardly like butterflies with crippled wings as unvoiced questions and realizations made the air heavier by the minute.

“…so there really was a hedgehog just like me here whose place I’ve taken,” Sonic finally managed, his throat dry.

Of course, it shouldn’t have surprised him, really. He had met Knuckles, Jet, Espio and Black Doom, and even that mongoose reminded him curiously of a singer starlet back at home now that he thought about it…it was only natural that this dimension had a Sonic the Hedgehog as well.

But without seeing him, a doppelgänger of yourself just seemed so – unreal! Sonic studied the papers once again, the heat in his face only intensifying as he read some more information about the nameless blue hedgehog slave and what they had already examined and done to him…he shuddered.

“…faker? You okay?” The voice of Shadow raised him from the dark images the theatre of his mind was busily displaying and Sonic looked up.

“…uhh, yeah. Yeah. I just…Shadow, if I ripped these things into pieces, would this reality’s version of me be free?” he asked, emerald eyes searching the black hedgehog’s face intently. Shadow sighed. “No. I’m sorry, but according to the laws of this world the only way for a slave to be freed is death. They…are not people to them, you see? And someone who isn’t a person can’t claim the status of citizen, according to what I read. If you ripped these papers up, you would merely be claimed again by someone else.”

“Oh.” The collared hero looked down again at the papers, his expression varying between a scowl and a grimace. “There is so much here…Shadow, what do you think this other version of me is like? What do you think this other version of you is like?”

The black hedgehog honestly couldn’t answer. He had tried imagining Sonic like the other slaves, someone begging, submitting and whimpering, but it just didn’t work. On the other hand, he could see himself striding along as Prince, punishing and not caring just all too easily - if Maria hadn’t been, Shadow knew he would have grown up to be a cold-blooded killer, something which he knew he still could become…but looking at Sonic, who was still reading the documents and biting his lip, ears twitching and eyes changing between pity, embarrassment and slowly smoldering anger, he was more than glad that he wasn’t. That he was still himself. That he could still…connect with Sonic. See in him something more than an object. Feel something when their eyes locked. That he could care.

I think I would like to meet this counterpart of mine. I wonder just how different he is…

“Shadow?”

“Yes?”

“Where do you think this reality’s Sonic and Shadow have actually gone?”

Both hedgehogs exchanged a look as the exact same thought went through their head.

“They’re not here.”
“No. Obviously.”
“We are.”
“Yes.”
“So that means…” Sonic said, slowly raising himself from where he had been sitting on the desk.

Xxx

“So what is your problem, exactly?” Knuckles asked, frowning as he arrived at the Mystic Ruins, meeting a very frantic Tails at the spot where he had landed.

“My big brother has been brainwashed, that is my problem!” the small fox all but wailed, pointing at his workshop/house. “Knuckles, you need to stop Shadow from, from…doing stuff to him!”

xxx

“…that means we need to find that Emerald really, really fast.” Shadow finished the sentence for Sonic. “I don’t want to imagine what would happen if there really is another version of me running around on Mobius.”

“Yeah.” Sonic stated glumly. “I have a feeling that either GUN or the lunatic asylum will be on our case when we return. Or possibly both.”

“Probably,” Shadow agreed. “These two are from a medieval world, I do not wish imagine what chaos they might cause.”

“Yeah…” the blue hero nodded, trailing off. Both stared into the twilight for a few minutes. Then: “Shads?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you think this other Shadow treated his Sonic well?” Sonic asked quietly, not quite looking at his supposed Master.

‘His Sonic’.

How odd.

Shadow stared at Sonic for a while, silence his only response. He shook his head. “I really don’t know. We can only hope and try to return as quickly as possible.”

And free the slaves beforehand.” Sonic quickly interjected, his tone light as usual again, indicating that their strange conversation was now at an end.

“You won’t let go of that one, will you?” Shadow asked, eye ridges raised half-way.

“No. Now less than ever. I mean…” Sonic glanced at the papers in his hands again that stated that he had been sold, bought and was now owned by Shadow, despite his insistence on his personal freedom. “…this isn’t right, Shadow. You know it isn’t.”

Shadow stared at the blue hedgehog again. And saw in front of his mind’s eye suddenly some other papers, documents he had long since forgotten…documents that detailed the ownership of a certain Project: “Shadow” of Professor Gerald very clearly. With GUN’s stamp at the bottom.

Black lids covered crimson eyes. “…you’ve won. If there is a chance along the way, we will do something. Okay?”

“Yes!” A white-gloved hand punched the air, the royal blue lithe body stretching in joy as Sonic gave a triumphant exclamation. “I knew you’d see it my way, Shads!”

Shadow couldn’t help but smile faintly at the sight.

If I owned you, Sonic, I wouldn’t give you reason to be unhappy, ever.

Aloud, he said: “You should be quieter. We’re here as intruders, after all.”

“Yeah, yeah.” Sonic waved him off. “You know, if you weren’t so stiff-upperlippy all the time, I’d hug you right now.”

The black one merely gave a faint snort at this, before the two hedgehogs continued with their task, the Emerald not quite forgotten. But it was with empty hands that the pair saw the morning dawning on them and there still hadn’t been a single trace.

“Damn,” muttered Shadow. “We’ll have to leave before anyone comes into the room to deliver breakfast. Seems like I have no other choice but to ask Black Doom directly, wherever that lunatic may be.”

“Hmm…” Sonic mumbled, only vaguely agreeing, already pretty much asleep on his feet.

“Come on. Let’s go.”

“Yeah…” The blue hedgehog trotted over, but then a last look towards the ownership papers of him they were leaving behind, seemed to trigger another thought in him.

“You know what’s really odd?”

“I have a feeling you’d tell me, whether I cared or not.” Shadow said, as they were already in the corridor again, heading towards their dorm.

“In the additional info about me on the papers. They suggested using me as a delivery slave when fully broken, because I was able to go at 70 mph top speed.”

“So?” Shadow asked, not quite sure whether another tirade about slave abuse was to follow or why Sonic was recounting these details now.

“Well, that’s really slow. I can go at over Mach 2 without even breaking a sweat. Why do you think this reality’s Sonic is not as fast as me? Not even supersonic?”

Shadow paused for a minute. Then:
“…no shoes. His feet would burn up from the friction heat.”
The black hedgehog briefly gazed over to see emerald eyes harden at this.

“I see,” Sonic said, swallowing, probably imagining a life without speed and again pitying this other version of himself. “But…70 mph is still pretty fast for everything else. He could have outrun his captors still. Why…why do you think he hasn’t yet fled?” Sonic asked, stepping into the Prince’s chambers and sitting down on the bed heavily, tiredness radiating from him.

Shadow didn’t look at the collared hero when he answered and his voice was quiet.

“Maybe because this Sonic liked his Master.”

Surprised emerald looked up at this, but the black hedgehog had already turned around, now stuffing the ruined carpet underneath the chest of drawers.

But…but I do like you…Shadow…Sonic would have almost replied, if it hadn’t sounded so…odd. He tried to find some more appropriate words, but by then, sleep had already claimed him, and when Shadow turned around again, all he could do was just to drape the blanket over the body of his supposed slave, self-declared rival, beautiful pet…and unadmitted lover and friend.

xxx

So there you have it, the latest installment in our ongoing saga. Sorry for the missing review replies but I will get back to you as ssoon as Im back fromn japan and hopefully have some more time! :D Please read and review!