Sonadow
SonicXShadow
A Cursed Jewel by SonadowIsLife

Chapter notes:

Uh...Yeah, so this chapter is about the dreams our two hedgehogs dream during naps. I know, weird, but you'll see why I put this in there. It's supposed to happen in the future with them, although I have no idea what'd gonna happen. It can change.

Chapter Three: Naps


 


Naps. That’s something that Sonic takes everyday no matter what. He would still take one even if Amy was bothering him. He would still take one even if his favorite song was playing. He would still take one if he and Knuckles were locked in a cage forever, but he would never accept that when he’s awake. He would still take one even if the world was ending. He’d end up saving it anyway. He would still take one even if Tails was about to run the X Tornado over his chilidogs. Okay, maybe not that. He would never let his little bro run over his precious babies.


But the main point is that Sonic has been taking naps ever since he was born.


And he most definitely wouldn’t have a problem in sleeping in the huge room next to Shadow’s.


Off to the side was one of the biggest windows he’s ever seen, letting him see all the scenery of the town. Everyone was busy, walking about on the streets along with the cars. Traffic lights flashing on and off, signaling for cars to go and stop. Trees and greens growing out of soft rick soil. A nice view of it doesn’t harm anything. And then there was the king sized bed right in the middle of the room. Next to the bed was a tall lamp. On the other side of it stood a short drawer, there for the owner to put things in or on. Pushed to the wall, opposite side of the window was a closet that Sonic was sure that had some clothes in it. The floor was a carpet, the color of blue.


‘Hmm...I guess I’ve chose the right room after all...’ He thought.


Sonic sighed and plopped himself onto the big, welcoming bed with both his hands behind his head. Then, he removed one of the hands and held it out in front of him in the air.


He stared at the apple. “Maybe I should eat it...” The red fruit reflected in his green eyes. “But...I shouldn’t...” He debated over himself.


He thought and thought for some time, and finally, he came up with this answer. He was satisfied with it.


“It’s a special apple.” He said proudly.


‘Why?’ A small voice asked from the back of his head.


‘...’ Sonic had no answer for that little word.


‘Is it because of the dark hedgehog? Is he...Perhaps, special, instead of the apple?’


Sonic thought about that. It did make some sense...But how? How did it make sense? The more he thought about it, the less logic showed.


‘Think about it. He’s not just any person. He’s special .’ The voice echoed.


Sonic thought, ‘ ‘He’s special’.’ He repeated. ‘How...?’


Then, he sighed a big, heavy sigh.


‘Enough thinking. I need sleep.’ And instantly, he passed out.


The red apple gleamed in the sunlight from the window.


 


*XXX_XXX*


 


He appeared in a white room with no walls whatsoever.


“Welcome!” A loud, deep voice said.


“Uh,” Sonic looked up to a house sized apple. Red to be exact. “Hi...”


It had two black eyes, and a big, big mouth was slightly under it.


“Why so shy? You thought I was special didn’t you? So why don’t you go ahead and talk to the special apple that’s 100 times bigger than you?” It said happily. Honestly, it sounded a lot like a Goofy from Micky Mouse, and that made it hard for Sonic not to grin. Only the awkwardness stopped him.


If you think talking to a giant apple the size of a house is not awkward, then something is defiantly wrong with you. Going to the hospital is mandatory.


“Shadow gave you to me, didn’t he?” He questioned the giant apple. It was just like Pocahontas talking to Willow the willow tree.


“Oh, why yes. Why do you ask?” It replied.


“Well, a small little voice told me that Shadow was special...Not you.” The blue hedgehog said, still tilting his head up to see the oversized fruit.


The apple gasped. “Hurtful!” It said.


“No, it’s not meant to be hurtful. It’s just that...Is it true that he’s special?”


“Well, he can be only special to you.”


“Are you wise?” He asked. “You know, because of your size. And you look kinda...Old.”


“More hurtful sayings...But, yes. I am wise. Very much so.” It said.


“Then tell me, wise, gigantic, awkward apple, do I care for him?” He asked.


“...That, I cannot tell you.” The apple said. “I can only tell you that you will find the answer soon, with him by your side.”


“Then...If I do care for him...Maybe...Maybe I lo--” Sonic’s voice was cut off.


 


The scene shifted...


 


He was now in a dirty street with the very black and red hedgehog he just talked about.


“Why...?” Sonic asked. He was dirty like a pig that just had a mud bath.


“Why what?” Shadow asked back.


“You know that I am cursed, and I can kill you by just giving you a quill of mine...But why...Why do you still stay by me?”


“Ha, foolish hedgehog. I have a secret too, you know? Everyone has secrets.” Shadow said.


“Secret? You?” Sonic couldn’t believe it. He felt as if some weight was lifted off of his chest. He wasn’t the only one who had secrets!


“Yes, me. But I won’t tell you it. Not right now. It’s not the right time.” The crimson striped hedgehog said to the blue one.


“And...” Sonic said.


Shadow looked at him. “Yes?”


He gulped. “I’m sorry.”


“For what, Faker?”


“I’m probably the one who ruined your life. I’m the worst thing that has ever happened to you...And you probably want to kick me out of your life--”


Shadow punched him in the face.


“Your words are what makes me want to kick you.” He said. “So stop doing your ‘it’s all my fault’ thing. It’s not true.”


“Then tell me, Shadow.” Sonic looked at him with sad eyes. “Tell me what IS true.”


“...What’s true, is that you, Sonic the Hedgehog, the cursed hero, is the best thing that has EVER happened to me.” Shadow said.


Sonic could feel tears building up in his eyes.


“You’re lying.” He said. “I-I killed so many people...So m-many innocent people...”


“Faker, stop it.”


“And...I’ve caused so many pain for so many people...So many people, Shadow...So many...”


“Stop blaming it all on yourself. It’s not good for you. That’s what I used to do. Then look what happened to me. I’m a mess.” Shadow pointed to himself.


“No, Shadow. I deserve--” Sonic was cut off once again. But this time, by the soft lips of the black hedgehog.


They both shared a small gentle kiss.


 


The scene paused. Then slowly faded away.


 


­*XXX_XXX*


 


“I’m not gay!” He bolted upright shouting. He was sweating. Hard.


‘...But it felt good.’


He lied back down onto the bed, looking at the apple that was still in his hand. If it was as big as it was in his dream, his hand would be squished right now.


‘It felt really  good...’ He repeated.


--Shadow’s room--


 


Click.


Shadow closed the two big doors of his room. The floor was covered by a black carpet with red streaks lining vertically.. The ceiling was basically made of glass--it was a window to be exact.  Fluffy cumulus clouds floated about freely in the blue sky. The dark hedgehog could see some green leaves that hung from the trees that grew near his mansion.


Since his room was so big--the biggest bedroom in the mansion--he can choose between his beds. He has a water bed, vibration bed, a Sleepy’s bed, and the bed that he uses when he’s sick, voice activated. Oh, another thing is that all the beds are king sized. Same as Sonic’s room, he has a drawer next to every of his bed, nice golden bells sit quietly on the side of each drawer. Butler bells. Although they are not in use, because the big mansion is only occupied by the two fastest hedgehog.


In front of all the beds was just one humongous TV big enough for whoever who was on whatever bed of the four have a good view of the screen. Then, the space next to the television was filled with his closet. Inside were dark clothes with different shades of black (meaning different shades of gray, along with the color black). From time to time, you would come across some white shirts. Off to the side were some of his small, harmless  hand-guns, as Shadow calls them. Next to them were bullets.


Then, there was some kind of miniature hallway, and there was a door. If you opened it, it would lead to the bathroom.


On the only side that hasn’t been mentioned yet stood a wooden bookshelf filled with big and long books that Sonic just couldn’t stand. For sure, every book reaches at least 400 pages. A lot of them was about wars and death, but on top of the shelf was a pile of newspaper. One was about him and the blue hedgehog using Chaos Control to transport the A.R.K. to somewhere else that was far away from Earth. But the others were all about the cocky azure hero. Like, what he did on April 29th 2012, or how many mile he ran on his 586th long run. Paparazzies stalk him all the  time to get information, but all that did was get Shadow to be disgusted of their actions (the humans).


On the walls hung pictures of Shadow’s ancestors’ marriages. One showed a black hedgehog and a female lion. Another one, a dark hedgehog and a female weasel. Another showed a Shadow the Hedgehog look-alike and a female dog. All females, no males.


‘They’re all married to women. Why no men?’ Was what went on in Shadow’s mind. Then, a puzzled look  covered his face. ‘Why would I think that? It’s not like I’m going to marry a male. Maybe I won’t even marry anyone.’


‘Not true.’ His mind said.


‘Oh yeah? You’ve got evidence?’ Shadow argued, not at all surprised that there was a voice there. That’s probably because he was always thinking twice about things. Somethimes even three times, just to make sure.


‘You don’t know the future, but you will fall in love. The person is not one you would expect.’ The voice debated.


‘So you know the person who I am going to fall in love with?’ Shadow asked.


‘...Yes and no.’


Shadow scoffed. ‘I knew t.’


‘You’ll find out on your own, with a little help from the blue Faker.’ The voice started to fade. But before it was gone, it said, ‘He’s extraordinary. You’ll like him.’


Shadow shook his head.


“...And my sanity’s gone.” He mutters to himself.


He chose the water bed, since it was only going to be a small nap. He jumped on, feeling the water slosh around in the plastic bed under himself.


“ ‘He’s extraordinary’.” Shadow parroted. “ ‘You’ll like him’.” He copied the words the little of his mind had said.


‘His curse reminds me of my own problem...’ He thought. ‘Like when I  was little, and kicked around...Like I wasn’t living at all.’


His hand moved to his white chest fur, ruffled it until some loose white fur fell off. He held it in front of him.


‘I am just like him...And he is just like me.’ Shadow’s mind formed the two sentences.


He threw the fur away, and closed his eyes. Slowly, his consciousness slipped away.


 


*XXX_XXX*


 


Shadow was in a white room, with nothing in it. Then, a copy of Shadow appeared, except that it was a black and white version.


“Hello.” The copy said.


“...Hi...” Shadow said suspiciously.


“Don’t worry. I am just a copy of you. The voice that was telling you things about love.” It said.


“Yes...And you were talking nonsense. You can’t be me. I don’t talk nonsense.” Shadow glared at him. A copy of him? Unacceptable. Although there were already copies of him in Eggman’s old base.


“But of course. He is not just anyone. You will find that you care for him. You will like him, and he will become a part of you.”


“You don’t say what my future is. You can’t control it.”


“But Fate can.”


“Hah, Fate. Fate, you can change.”


“You care for him.”


And before Shadow could say more, the copy disappeared.


“Fucking copies...” Shadow managed to say before the scene changed.


 


The scene changed...


 


On one of the fewer days, Shadow would be the one to ask Sonic questions, instead of the opposite.


“What’s a kiss?” He asked.


“Oh, you don’t know what a kiss is? Well, it’s the simple thing that you do with your lips and your mouth, sometimes your tongue. It is to express that you love somebody.” Sonic explained.


“But...Aren’t we always doing that? Talking? Like, right now.” Shadow said.


“Oh, well, that’s just talking. Talking doesn’t mean your kissing anyone. You have to be close to the person you’re kissing, because both of you have to let your lips touch.” Sonic used a finger from both hands, and pressed the two digits together.


“Oh, you mean like this?” Shadow asked as he dove forward and pressed his lips on Sonic’s, without releasing for a long time. The only reason he moved back is because he needed to breathe.


Sonic looked at him with shock. He looked at his fingers and realized that his fingers were still touching. Maybe that’s why Shadow stayed there for so long. Because Sonic’s fingers never separated.


“Wow, you need a lot of air to kiss...” Shadow said.


“Oh, no, no, sorry. You don’t need to stay so long. The shortest kiss, is that you just dive and give a quick peck.” Sonic hesitated before he demonstrated himself, letting their lips touch again just for a millisecond.


“But then,” Sonic continued when he made space between them again. “There’s also this way that you move your lips, and also another kind where you use your tongue.”


“Okay...Can you show me?” Shadow asked.


“Errm...Weeeell...I DID mention that you only do that to the person you love, so--” Sonic said.


Shadow lunged forward and kissed Sonic for the third time.


Sonic slowly gained control as Shadow waited for him to do something. Sonic pulled Shadow closer to his body and put a hand on his neck.


 


As much as Shadow want the dream to continue, it stopped, as if it was a movie, and whatever was happening slowly darkened until you couldn’t make out what they were.


 


*XXX_XXX*


 


“N...” Shadow bit back what he was about to say. (He was gonna say ‘no’)


“I...Wanted that to continue?” Shadow questioned.


He couldn’t help it. During the dream, it felt so real. And whenever their lips touched, he could feel his stomach doing strange and annoying flips.


But in the end, it felt...Good.


 


Oh well, I guess everyone learned something. Naps. They are simple breaks that you take during the day when you’re too tired. But you can also have dreams that you’d never forget in your whole life during one.

Chapter end notes:

The only reason I didn't put in details about the settings for Shadow, is because he didn't pay any attention to it, because he was so focused on what was happening to him. So yeah. R&R!~ (This is gonna be my tradmark now: ~Nyan)

~Nyan!