Sonadow
SonicXShadow
Therapy Session by LoverAngelForEver

[Reviews - 23]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Story notes:
review
Shadow sat in the small waiting room, he was looking over an older magazine. As he flipped through the pages, he found a picture of the all too familiar face. A blue hedgehog, arms wrapped in bandages and his torso was rapped too. He had a cock signature grin plastered on his face. One eyes closed, a faint bruise was shown. You had to look really close to see it. It blended with his lighter blue fur all too well.

He shook his head at the photo. He remembered getting that phone call at work about him being the hospital. It was Dr. Eggman that day with some knew contraption, plane-like air fleet thing. The Egg-something or whatever. It just got to the point where he was getting desperate for new names since anything he attempted to even try and use to stop the fast speedster always ended up making into a pile of scrap metal, explosions, and fire. Shadow always knew his doctor`s contraptions could be taken down without such a dramatic ending.

Then again this was Sonic he was talking about. He had to make everything go out with a big bang.

He remembered G.U.N. withdrawing him from a mission because of Sonic`s fiasco, sending in Omega to relieve him and have him finish with Rouge. He didn't argue. If it was Sonic, it was important.

Shadow remembered Sonic giving him the same grin in the hospital as he did in the picture. "Don't be mad."

Shadow just face palmed "What did you exactly do?"

Sonic shrugged, still grinning, "You know me, never a dull moment."

His face didn't show it, but he smiled inside. "That hedgehog will be the death of me."

He flipped the pages, coming to the last page, an article. Sonic and himself, standing next to one another. Shadow in a black suit, Sonic in a white one. He had to admit, both of them looked sharper than the quills on their back. Before he could continue to indulge himself into the memory, a click of a door handle and a women was standing in the door way. "Shadow?"

He closed the booklet and put it back on the small coffee table as he made his quiet walk. Ultimate hearing picked up a whisper from a man who whispered to his wife. "You thought I had Problems? Check out this guy."

Shadow closed the door behind him, taking a seat on the couch. HIs psychologist writing something down before looking up to him, then back down to finish what she was writing. "You missed two appointments in the past two weeks. You know your Contract with G.U.N. obligates you to be here once a week every week."

He nodded but confusions shown in his eyes. "I know but I wasn't even in the Westopolis area. I took the past two weeks off. Sonic and I left. G.U.N. didn't tell you?"

"They did, but I'm not an employee. I do what I think is best for my patients." She then smiles. "You have been seeing me for the past three years. I won't hold this against you."

He sighs relaxed a bit. The apartment isn't going pay itself, nor are the utilities, or the food that he puts on the table. Especially with Sonic who moved in almost a year ago. For such a skinny thing, he can eat.
"So tell me," a hint of curiosity in her voice, "Tell me where you went."

He smirks. "Soleanna."

Her eyes go wide in surprise. "Soleanna, the city of water!? I thought Sonic can`t swim."
He shakes his head. "…He can't."

"Then why?"

Shadow sighs. "We… I… I asked him to marry me a few months back. He agreed and I couldn't see waiting anymore. So I asked where he wanted to go for our honeymoon. He said Soleanna. He said he was there once for a festival but I never have been and I liked the idea. We got married and the next day we left."

She writes in her notebook. "Didn't you think that was a little quick for both of you?"

"No. Love is love, Doctor. I know what I have done in my life I can't change. I can't fix what I have broken. I have never actually been sure about anything. Even when it comes who I actually am." He looks down to his gloved left hand, playing with the thick solid around his figure hidden underneath. "But, if I have ever been sure of anything it was this. His love will always be freedom but at the end of the day he always comes home to me. I knew he was the one when G.U.N. took me for an entire month and when I got home, sonic greeted me with tears in his eyes, something no one has ever seen him do. It was then I knew, I never wanted to let him go. He was something very special."

She smiles. He had come a long way since their first appointment three ago. He never talked about anything and now, they have grown to trust one another on a patient and professional status.

"Does this help your sexual relationship with him? You told me you were saving yourself for marriage."

"I lost it to him on our trip." He blushes. Putting his hands to his face. What an embarrassing topic. "He told me I was his first. Gods. It's still so surreal to me."

"What made you want to wait?" she asked. Jotting more things down

"Well, it started when I was young. Maria always told me that my first time was to be special with someone that I truly did love. Maria always new best. She gave the best advice when it came to my upbringing. She told me to wait till I was married so I knew it was the right time." He shook his head, chuckling to himself, almost in a pity sense. "Can't believe that after everything I did, that was really the only moral value I had…"

She looks up from her notebook. "Yes, you did. Did you or did you not wait till after Sonic turned eighteen to ask him to move in with you. You're not exactly his age either. "

Shadow glared at her. "What's that supposed to mean!?"

"Nothing it's not supposed to." She shakes her head. "Look at the time gap. Fifty years? If that didn't find that to be a worry you would not have waited so long."

He sighs. "You're right, Doctor. However I feel like I need to point out that everything DOES work in… that area."

"You were afraid you weren't going to be able to…"

"…A little"

She smiles. Of course she was right. That's why he was here wasn't it? That and G.U.N. had made it part of his contract to work for them while seeing a psychologist, a therapist to be more precise. Better to talk about your feelings when you're upset then blowing up a damn planet. She changes the subject. "Tell me, you ever have any family?"

Shadow looks to the floor, "Maria and Gerald were the only family I had. I always had Rouge but we didn't get off to the best start. After that, there was no one until Sonic."

She continues writing. "He`s your only family?"

He shakes his head, smiling, "Funny thing. When Sonic and I got together, I thought he would be my only family, but of course Rouge was always there as a sister figure too. Everything she knows, Sonic knows. Anyway, when Sonic and I got together, I thought it would be only him, but he would always have his friends."

"Wasn't that way, was it?" she smirked

"N-no. It wasn't that way at all. It came to a point where his friends became my distant family. Tails is always happy to us, Amy isn't angered by our relationship, and everything just fell into place. Since sonic came into my life, not only as a lover but as a friend, he's made my life completely different, a 360 degree turn." He smiles at the memories. "I'm happier, like I used to be, fifty years ago."

She smiles to the black hedgehog, he truly has come a long way and she couldn't have been any more proud of the ultimate life form in front of her. "For someone who thought you were created to feel no emotions, you sure have showed all of them in this room."

He puts his face in his hands. Smiling. "I live for that blue hedgehog."

She smiles as she pulls out a packet from a folder. She flipped the pages to the last one and handing it to the black hedgehog. "Speaking of family, there is something that was retrieved about your creation."

He read the page and the bottom of the page circled in red pen was the word "MPREG"

His eyes went wide as he read about how this even came into Gerald's mind. He shakes his head smiling, excited about the news but also a little disturbed on how the doctor even came up with such an idea for him. Then again, there is his grandson, Dr. Eggman. "Now I know what side of the family the doctor gets his mind from."

He hands her the packet back and she places it back into a folder. The timer rang, ending their session for the week.

He stands and makes his way for the door. Before he opens the door the doctor calls back to make him look to her. "Shadow, no matter what people tell you. I think these visits help you. I also think Sonic had helped just a little bit more."

"I could have told you that before we even got started today." He smiles to her which soon turns back into a scowl as he turns the handle and leaves her room. He walks into the lobby and his eyes meet with the man who made the comment about him earlier.
He walks past the man and to the door that leads to the hall.

He turned to face the man, putting the fear of god into him. "I heard what you said."

Then left for the hall as everyone just stared in bewilderment. One person in the waiting room broke the silence.

"Sucks to be you."