Sonadow
SonicXShadow
Therapy Session by LoverAngelForEver

[Reviews - 23]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
“Tell me more about your family, Shadow” She smiled, twirling her pen in her hand as she read over her past notes. “We never covered that in detail.”

Shadow played with the bump under his glove, never looking up to her, he answered ‘matter of fact-ly’. “Nothing much to talk about.”

She pursed her lips nervously. It was time he covered this, to let it go and let it out. “Tell me about your life... fifty years ago. Where you came from.”

“A test tube. A lab. A space station.” Chucks and smiles pathetically. “There isn’t much to talk about there.”

“Not much to talk about, or something you don’t want to talk about.” She sits back in her seat and sighs, shaking her head in disappointment. “Shadow? You were doing so well, little by little you were coming around. For three years you have been seeing me. Then, the past two months, eight sessions, you been shutting down, more closed in. Your six month evaluation is due soon too, if you don’t open up G.U.N. will cut you until your mental state has changed.”

He snaps his neck up to glare at her. It was one thing to threaten him, but to threaten the people around him, mainly the one person that depended the hero’s employment to live. His newlywed husband, Sonic. “You wouldn’t dare! It’s one thing to threaten me, but you NEVER threaten my family!”

She sits calmly, looking at the riled up black hedgehog in front of her. She had never seen his crimson eyes glow like they did. She hit a nerve. “Let’s talk about your family then?”

“I was a science experiment, made to be the cure of all diseases.” He crosses his arms and lays back into the couch, more calmly but still pretty pissed. “A test tube, a lab, a space station, like I said.”

“Ok Shadow, I’m not a scientist. I don’t know anything about bio-engineering. The most education I have had was biology class in college, where I dissected a frog. That’s it.” She then smirks. “However, I know, that, to make a living organism you need an egg, and a sperm. I also know that hedgehogs aren’t asexual so you needed two donors to produce you. I also know that no one on this planet besides you is an inhibitor of chaos energy, biologically, which means you inherited it. So, who, or what do you come from?”

Shadow could only blink at her in shock, she put everything together in her head. The small details she knows about his life from G.U.N. just putting basic knowledge into a more complex matter, and she figured out when she said ‘or what do you come from.’ He stammered with his words. Something that is difficult for anyone to make Shadow do. “How... How did you...know?”

“G.U.N gave me a few disclosures on your special abilities, time of creation and...” she pulls the packet out of her folder reading the last page, forgetting about the last part. “Ah. Here, unconfirmed adoption relationship with the commander of G.U.N.”

“Maria was like a sister to him, like she was to me.” Shadow whispered but his therapist caught it right away.

“So, you two have a history. We will talk about that another time.” She smiles. “So, Shadow, want to tell me about your family?”

“I don’t know who my mother is. Before Sonic and I started our relationship, we did a DNA test, to make sure we weren’t related. We weren’t.” He smiles nervously, thinking about his other parent. “My ‘father’, and I use that term loosely, is where my resemblance comes from, color wise. My species is my mother’s side. Gerald wanted me to be a hedgehog, hedgehog DNA matched perfectly with Black Doom than any other species.”

“Wait a minute! Your BIOLOGICAL father is Black Doom!? The Guy who tried to destroy the planet? That Black Doom?” she seemed shock “I saw a resemblance with those other black creatures, and you had to defeat your own father, you chose the planet over your own family?”

“Um... correction Doctor. He’s not my father-father. Just the guy that helped to give me life. He was never around, didn’t know about him till four years after my release at prison island. Also, to clarify, I saved the planet for Maria and Sonic. If I chose Black Doom’s side, if I chose that life, I would have been granted power control. But if I did that, if I chose that life, I wouldn’t have my extended family, I wouldn’t have sonic. And Sonic is worth more, so much more, than power and control could ever be worth.”

“Then, who raised you, Shadow?”

“Dr. Eggman’s grandfather. I told you, it’s complicated. I don’t have the ideal family.” He shrugs his shoulders, but it’s my family.”

His doctor smiles to him. “Every family has flaws Shadow, no one is perfect.”

“Doctor Gerald Robotnik, brilliant mind and scientist. My adopted father. He created me, watched me grow in a test tube, later in a cyro containment until I was old developed enough to be released. He manipulated my genecology a little to make it so I could have children, apparently.” He closes his eyes for a moment, arms crossed. “Maria Robotnik, gentle hearted girl, my adopted older sister. Gave me life lessons that I still fallow, like the ‘sex before marriage thing.’

“Do you know why Gerald brought you into this world?”

“Many reasons.” He explains. “, then to study mortality and cures for diseases. Then when it came out that I had chaos energy, I was put in special training ops to learn to manipulate and control my abilities. That was when I was told about the chaos emeralds. I then found out later I was supposed to collect the chaos emeralds to help Black Doom take over Earth, since it was a deal gone wrong to get Black Dooms DNA, to complete the Ultimate lifeform. Deal with the devil, of course, I remembered Maria’s wish and decided I would save the earth and life among these people. So, my purpose now is to be a devoted, married husband.”

“Study for cures of diseases and immunity?” she shook her head in confusion, “Why?”

“Maria fell ill to a disease that no one knew anything about.” Shadow explains. “I became the test subject on immunity and immune defense on diseases along with infection of the nervous system. The disease wasn’t given a name until many years later called Neuro-Immuno Deficiency Syndrome. The fruits of the doctors research helped but fifty years ago, resources were limited, even if the space colony was very well ahead in the technology spectrum in those years.”

“Tell me about Maria”

“Maria was dying.” He puts his face into his hands, composing himself before continuing, “Maria, was my sister, we were close. We slept in the same room, she read me books before we went to sleep, we would look out the observatory windows looking at this planet below us, wishing and wanted to visit this place together. We snuck out to the main kitchen for midnight snacks. I would use my chaos control abilities to get us places without being seen. Believe me! If I was as skilled as I am today, I would have chaos controlled both of us here, and if I was fast enough, I could have saved her from being shot that day! I could have saved her, like she saved me!”

His doctor could see one tear escape his eyes. “Shadow?”

“You know something? You know what the two hardest things in my life were?”

She shakes her head. Astonished about the emotion this hedgehog is showing.

“When I would go to bed and I had a hard time sleeping, Maria would rub my back, belly, arms, anything to get me to relax. Her hand would pass over ever scar, ever cut, every scrape, all of them from my time in the lab to make me, ‘flawless’.” Shadow wiped his eyes, then continued, “She would ask me if I was mad at the humans for doing what they did. I always told her no, because I knew she loved them like she loved me.”

“And the other?”

“The first time, Sonic and I got intimate for the first time, it was first time anyone had really touched me, ruffled the fur, to feel the scars, more then and now. Bullet wounds, near death misses, and he was first who ever felt any of those. More so on my chest, wrists and neck, where you can barely feel it. He was the first person to ever feel those scars underneath.” He sighs relaxing. “Sonic was the one who saw first had of what humans put me through, he was the only one to say to me ‘I understand now, why you felt the way you did’.”

“Gerald did that?”

“No. His assistances did, needled, tubes, electrocution, small volts to the highest I could take it. Gerald, was my father. He raised me, took me as his son. I started as a sperm and an egg, much like anyone else. I grew into a test tube. As I became more developed I was moved to a cyro tube where I finished my development. Where it might take nine months for you, took me six since I had complete alternate DNA, however after eighteen I age very slowly.” Shadow reminisces on his child hood, at least as far as he can remember. “The doctor taught me everything. Basic motor skills, reading writing and as I matured more, I got into the scientific stuff. Even started the training for my chaos energy and had everyone watch so they wouldn’t fear me. It wasn’t the scientists that fear the project, it was the government that didn’t know me who feared me.”

“What about your family now?” she asked, very cautiously, not wanting to get him pissed again.

“Sonic is my family, my only family. His friends though, they’re family to me as well. Rouge is like my sister, we have always been tight, but she won’t ever take Maria’s place. Tails, he does a lot for us. My bike breaks down, he the one that fixes it, even maintains Sonic’s car, even though he don’t need it. Amy has respected our relationship to the fullest, we talk more than we did before. Knuckles... he’s... cool, even if he thinks Sonic’s middle name is ‘The’. He and Rouge need to get over one another and just get together. All they do is flirt.”

The timer rang, ending the session, Shadow stood, wiping his eyes, still red from his emotional outburst.

“Before you go Shadow, I have to know, how did you propose to the blue speeder?”

Shadow shook his head, same scowl he always wore when he was ready to leave. “I don’t come from a traditional up bring, or family. He hasn’t really come from a tradition family either. I wanted to make at least a few things in our relationship tradition. So I got him a simple gold ring with gem imbedded into it.”

“That’s really thoughtful shadow.” She writes a few things down in a packet. “I think your mental state is fine. Under my diagnosis G.U.N. will still keep you an employer.”

XXX

Shadow left into the Lobby, Sonic there waiting for him, playing a game on his phone.

“Shadow? You’re done? How-” He noticed right away the red eyes the black hedgehog had been crying. “What’s wrong? What happened?”

Shadow only shook head.

Sonic placed a hand on his lover’s cheek. “Talk to me, I hate seeing like this.”

Shadow only pulled the blue one closer to his body, his hand on Sonic, and kissed him passionately. “All you have to know is that I love you. I’ll tell you when we get home.”

Sonic only smiled. “Alright, Shadow. When we get home, we can talk.”

Shadow smiled before taking the hedgehog’s hand gently and leading him out of the lobby.
Chapter end notes:
Review please