Sonadow
SonicXShadow
Therapy Session by LoverAngelForEver

[Reviews - 23]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Sonic smiles as he sits next to Shadow in the waiting room, once in a while glancing an eye away from the magazine and over to the man across the room. He didn’t trust the guy. It seemed more like he was waiting for Shadow to relapse into his old ways. He trusted shadow and knew it wouldn’t happen. Sonic however had the idea, with him being here with his husband, seemed more suitable if anything did get out of hand. If anything did go down, Sonic could stop anything before it even began.

Shadow however, didn’t think this was necessary.

“Would you stop that!?” It was a whisper, but you could feel the sharp annoyance in it.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” Sonic didn’t look at him. One of the small thing that shadow caught on about the blue hedgehog when he was lying.

“Oh my chaos! I saw you look at him.”

“Look.” Sonic placed the magazine up as a barrier so no one could hear. “I don’t trust him. I feel like he’s trying to get you relied up. I’m here for moral support. Okay? So I’m supporting your morals of not breaking the dude’s neck, or chaos controlling him to hell, or... chaos spearing him to death.”

“I’m going to break your neck, chaos control you to hell, and chaos spear you to death if you don’t stop. Just trust me.”

“I do trust you.” A simple kiss was placed upon the black hedgehog’s lips. “It’s him I don’t trust.”

“Oh god, get a room you too!” It was Shadow’s ‘best friend. The term used very lightly. “By the Way, I know you are talking about me.”

That magazine was place down real fast as both hedgehogs just looked at him in irritation. Both told them off simultaneously.

“Shut up!!”

That dude turned back to his book real fast. Shadow look at Sonic with an ‘I told you so’ look.

Sonic on shrugged. “Well, we were.”

Shadow only rolled his eyes. The next event was like the god of chaos had heard his calls. A door opening and his name being called.
“Shadow?”

Shadow stood and walked to the door way, he turned back at Sonic. “You coming or staying?”

Sonic shook his head. “Nah. I got business out here.”

“Whatever.” Shadow closes the door behind him. He can hear Sonic raising his voice in the other room.
“You’re just pissed because I’m married to the ultimate lifeform! Dumbass!”

Shadow only shook his head. Giving a small ‘humph’ and walked into his weekly meeting room.

XXX

Shadow sits on the couch across his doctor. She greets him with a smile, then her face twists into confusion. “Sonic isn’t with you? I thought I heard him in the waiting room.”

Shadow shakes his head. “No. He decided to wait outside for me. Don’t want to know what he’s doing out there.”

She smiles and pulls out her notebook. Starting the session as she always did. “I wanna get into your special abilities. Something that seems to be the source of why you were referred here in the first place.”

“It’s not because of my lack of control.” Shadow shakes his head. “It’s the complete opposite, it’s that I have too much control. I’m able to make the impossible possible, I can destroy cities or save them. I can form lightning in my hand and send it flying. I can have chaos energy radiate from my body and sent it out as shield projectile; a small one without a chaos emerald, a large one with a chaos emerald. When all seven emeralds are found and collected I’m able to become super. That’s when people fear me. However, I only enter my super form with Sonic. Are form seem to stay with us longer and burn rings slower when we are together. Another theory of the echidna, the prayer I told you about before.”

“Let’s get into each one and get into the details of each. Let me get somewhat of an understanding of what these abilities do and how they make you, who you are.” The doctor flips to a clean page. “First, please, explain to me what chaos energy is?”

“Chaos energy, is my life-force, it keeps me alive. When my chaos energy is drained, I’m drained. Physically. Sonic, is the only person I have met with chaos energy inhabiting his body. Well, let me rephrase that. Everyone has chaos energy inhabiting their body, almost everyone just can’t tap into it.” He held his wrists up. “These are inhibitor rings, these keep me from unleashing my full power. When these are removed, I reach my full potential of power. Something I’ve only done a few times in my life.”

“Do you know anyone who’s able to hack into their chaos energy?” The doctor asked, sketching a few things into her notebook. “More so, how, or why did the professor inhabit you with such energy?”

“I know of three people who can in tune themselves with their chaos energy. I, of course, The Black Arms alien race, Knuckles, but he’s limited to only release his to the chaos emeralds and the mater emerald. The prophecy of the Emerald’s Guardians, and Sonic.” Shadow sighs. “The reason I was embedded with chaos energy was to see if it could boost the immune system in an individual, and it helped bond my DNA with Black Dooms much better as well. Of course when a few... side effects came out with it, I was put into special training to control my powers.”

“And I take it, those side effects were, randomly disappearing, glowing red, sometimes a goldish color, and an obsession with always having at least one chaos emerald in possession.” She smirks, he tone in a teasing manner.

“Why do you think Sonic and I move at such a fast speed, why we are neck and neck when it comes to speed?” Shadow only narrowed his eyes. “Chaos energy fuels his speed as it does mine. Chaos energy fuels my jet shoes. He is limited to what he can do. Chaos control once in a while, it gives him a massive headache and drains him completely, and he can go super. That’s all he can do. Except one thing. When I’m drained, the smallest form of body contact from him transfers some of his energy to me, to make me feel content and less tired.”

She looks up from her notebook. “And this energy, leads to all these abilities of yours? I think I’m getting it now.”

Shadow looked at her shocked, like someone, unlike his family and friends finally sees what he sees. Understands who he is and what they shouldn’t fear. “Really? You understand me? You understand why biochemical makeup?”

“Yes. This power that you possess doesn’t make you dangerous, it’s how you use it that can make you dangerous.” She smiles. “But you’re with sonic, so I don’t worry about any relapse with you. But do tell me, what’s it like to go super?”

“It’s like a high, and not a drug high, but a good, happy, high. It’s like... when you enter that stage, you’re in flight, the walls around you turn into debris, the ground is no longer undo you. You’re no longer held by gravity and you seem to wonder how you got so far from the ground. When you actually take flight your flying, and going, what feels like, a million miles an hour, faster than the speed of sound, but this time in the air. When I do it with Sonic, it’s even more of a high, there is a strong bond and brings us closer.” He smiles. “Unless you have ability to do what we do, you won’t ever understand how deep the bond we share goes.”

The doctor closes her note book, just on time to as the timer rings. Ending the session for the week. “It’s been a pleasure, Shadow. See you next week.”

He nodded and leaves, a scowl rests on his face, like all other days.
XXX

Shadow walks into the waiting room, surprised to see Sonic quiet reading a magazine.

“Hedgehog.” Shadow calls. “Let’s go. Uh... where the guy?”

Sonic smirks. “We had a little talk. Then he left.”

Shadow rolls his eyes. He knew it went deeper than that but he wasn’t one to argue. Both hedgehogs join hands and leave the office.

When both hedgehogs left, one guy broke the silence in the room.

“Dude! What the hell is going on in here!?”