Sonadow
SonicXShadow
Sonic Cd 2 by ChaosRaven

[Reviews - 48]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Episode Five: Twinkling Delight

It was the turning point of dusk. Crickets chirped here and there, giving the early music of the night. The mixtures of colors in the sky started fading away slowly as the sun was devoured by the horizon. The street lights blinked on, one by one, giving spotlights to each foot of the road. There stood dark hedgehog, under one of the spotlights. He crossed his arms impatiently and looked around with strong eagerness. His scarlet eyes scanned right, then left, but still no sign of what he was looking for. “Where could he be…?” Just as he said that, he spotted another figure in front of him. He stood there, frozen where he was, as he watched them get closer.

Sonic arose from the light and watched Shadow back. He wanted to say something, but would it be awkward. He did not want to screw this up. He had calmed his emotions down since the morning , so he could think a lot better. He stood there, stroking his arm, nervously until he was spoken to.

There was a relief on the dark one’s face as he saw the blue one approach. He gave off a pleased smile and spoke, “I’m glad you came.” His gaze never left Sonic for an instant. He stepped forward, he hands finding their way back to his sides. He was a little tense for some uncomfortable. They were just going to an amusement park. Two friends. That’s all.

The sapphire hedgehog walked closer to him, but then, dashed over to him. He hooked his arms around the other’s black neck. His actions were not controlled his mind, rather his feelings. Him, just standing there was hurting him more than waiting while he was not around.

Shadow had wanted to do the same, but he could direct his contact. He comforted him with a returning embrace, feeling the other resting his head on his shoulder. It was weird, but he did not want to let go. To him, it felt so right. Like, time had stopped and they would be there forever. He still held onto his reality though. If somebody were to see them, there would have to be a lot of explaining. And does Shadow hate explaining more than he has to. He pulled away, and reconsidered a hand hold instead. It was unusual to him. As they got into the elevator’s door and it shut, I looked like that damn escape pod he was in fifty years ago. He shook off the uneasy feeling as it glided up to the top. It was really quiet. He noticed the blue hedgehog has not said anything yet. He cleared his throat and asked calmly, “Are you alright?”

The hero’s mind had been drifting somewhere else, until he hear the low voice. He looked at him in shock, but nodded his head shyly. He opened his mouth, but could not find any words to put out there at this point. He mouthed out the word ‘Yeah’ and nodded once more. His smile turned downwards and looked to the ground, foolishly. He was acting so weird and he knew his friend could tell.

The dark one stopped and watched him, “We don’t have to go. Are you sick?” It unusual for Sonic to act this way. He always saw him as outgoing. Something must have been wrong, or maybe on his mind.

He took a long look at him, his eye lids covering and uncovering his emerald pupils a few times. He wanted to go. He sure as hell did not want to be back at that apartment with Amy. She was giving him that same nagging about how he does not do anything around his place. He does not clean, do laundry, blah blah blah! It started getting very irritating. He did not want that girl to ruin his night though, so he blocked it off. He sent a smile his way and finally spoke, “No, I’m fine. Can’t wait to ride some sweet rides!” He blinked, wondering if he just said that out loud. It sounded worse than one of his catch phrases. He looked up as he heard a laugh coming from the dark one. He seemed to like it at least.

That had to be the corniest thing Shadow had ever heard, but in a way he thought it was incredibly cute. It fit with his counterparts attitude, that was all that mattered to him. He was just happy to hear his voice again. It gave him a joy beyond belief.

He did not feel as embarrassed any more. He looked him in the eyes and winked, “I’ll race ya!” He stepped forward a little.

The black hedgehog placed his finger to his nose and grinned, “Wasting more of my time, faker?”

There was that ‘name’ again. It drove the hero crazy. He took and step back and folded his arms. What was so difficult? It has the same amount of syllables as his real name. He turned away in a half pout position, looking out from the glass tube.

Shadow’s eyes widened, seeing the blue one’s reflection in the glass. It reminded him of the ARK. A claustrophobic feeling overcame him, forming goose bumps on the back of his neck. Maria’s voice was heard through his head. His surroundings started to shake and become unclear to him. All except the blue one’s reflection. It came out clear. The voice started to sound deeper, like Sonic’s. He could not blink or move an inch. He just watched the mirror’s image come to life and walk towards him. It’s pupils were gone, and had the look of sadness as tears rolled down it’s cheeks.

“Shadow. Give the people on Earth a chance to live. Let them be happy.” The none existent Sonic walked closer to him, holding it’s hands out. Pleading for him.

The dark one’s chest felt like it was not going to give off any more air as the lump in his throat became harder to swallow. What was this? Was he going insane? This has never happened before. He stepped away, but could not. He saw the pain in it’s face. He needed to comfort it. It was weak, harmless. He stepped forward, but a shot of a gun was heard. His eyes widened even more, shaking violently, just watching as it was shot in the back of the head, blood staining his face and son his tears. He watched it fall to the ground gasping for it’s last breaths of air. “NOOO!” He shouted in vain, forcing his body downward, with bent knees. “GOD, NO! WHY!?! Why not me?!?” He shouted random words at the top of his lungs, trying to forget what he had just seen. That could not have been Sonic. ‘Sonic isn’t dead! He isn’t! He’s here with me still! He isn’t dead! Please, God! Don’t do this to me!’ He closed his eyes tightly, not wanting to open them. He was afraid he would see the other’s dead body. He could feel the warm blood, dripping down from his forehead and cheeks, along with his tears. At the same time, he wanted to open them. He wanted to know if it was real. He could not. He did not. There was nothing for him to do. He was stuck, crouching down in the floor repeating the word, “Why?” over and over again, until he could feel the ripping pain coming from his throat. He felt as if his neck would burn open and his vocal chords would burst from the rough vibrations. But he could not stop. He saw his past come back, and it was bitter as ever.

Sonic kneeled before him, not knowing what to do. In his eyes, all he saw was Shadow just loose control and fall to the ground. His hands tried to grab at him and shake him, but he would keep smacking them away. What was going on? What could have happened? The hero looked so lost, as if in a burning building and looking for a fire extinguisher. He had no clue what to do. And the people who passed by just walked and ignored them. Sonic grabbed his arms and forced his body on top of him. He slammed the other’s hands to the ground, pinning him down by the wrists and sitting on his lower stomach, “Shadow! Stop! Can you hear me!?” There was not really anything getting through to him. He watched as the other resisted with all his might to get free, and the strange part is that his black eyelid would not reveal his crimson eyes once. Was it something he saw?

Shadow felt his body being pushed down. Whatever shot Sonic was after him now. “Get away from me!!!” He cried out, struggling to get free. His torso and head arched up and down, seeing as it was the only thing he could move besides his legs. He has never told anyone, but he was afraid of death. It did not seem like it. In fact, he made it look like that. Deep inside, he was terrified, “Sonic!!!”

The blue one heard his name. He knew something was horribly wrong. He never calls him that. “I’m right here, Shadow! What’s wrong!” It did not seem like it had any effect. He could not stand this any longer. “Say my name! Say anything so I know you‘re there! Say something you fake hedgehog!!!”

That last sentence set a spark through Shadow’s mind. Back to the time were they first met in the city. Before he ever used the power of Chaos. Before Sonic knew his name. When he was still evil.

“So, The military must have mistake me for the likes of you.”

“…”

“Say something you fake hedgehog!”

Shadow’s eyes shot open, and his body went limp. He panted and only saw the blue hero. It was in his mind. None of it happened. His eyes wondered for a bit, as he realized what he had just done. The hero probably thought he was crazy now. His cheeks turned pink, but he hide it with a glare, “Get off me.” He commanded, pushing him off. He got to his feet and brushed his legs off.

“Sh-shadow? Are you alright?” Sonic was still sitting on the ground, but he could not make out the other’s face, since his back was turned to him.

“Never better.” He was brushing his arms off now. He acted like none of that happened. He turned and walked passed him, towards the theme park’s entrance, “Coming, or what?”

Shadow was sure acting rude and very distant all of a sudden. It gave the blue hedgehog a bad feeling. He shook it off, if he did not want to talk about it, he would let it go for now. He stood and followed behind him.

Once they cleared the entrance, there were colorful lights and rides everywhere. Farther than the eye could see. Farris wheel, tilt-o-whirl, bumper cars, roller coasters, you name it. They watched in awe, taking in all of the sights and sounds.

The hero ran ahead, “Come on! This is going to be great!!!” A huge smile appeared on his face, signaling the black one to follow.

“Wait up!” The dark one trailed his footsteps, his frown not changing. He looked around with a worried eye, but shook it off and kept up with his counterpart.

Meanwhile, The three villains made their way to the small apartment of Sonic’s. They had seen him leave. From the streetlamp, MetalSonic’s glowing red eyes could be seen. He spoke softly, yet aggressively, “We’ll hit that bastard’s pride first.” His gaze met the window, where a yellow light shone through. Amy was inside, in front of a mirror, brushing her pink quills, “We’ll attack his little girlfriend.” He let out a low menacing chuckle as two set of eyes became visible behind him.

The pink hedgehog girl sat on the bed and giggled, “Oh. I can’t wait for my Sonic to get home. I miss him already.” She laid back and turned on the T.V., “I’m also happy that he’s become friends with Shadow. It’s one less thing for me to worry about.” Her smile suddenly faded as she hear a noise come from the window. She looked at it with concern. She shook her head and gave off a nervous smile, “It’s just my imagination.” She then, rolled over to her other side, in a sleeping position and her face met the metal menace. She fell back and watched in horror.

“You have a very scary imagination, girl.” A smirk skulked across it’s cold, steel muzzle, revealing it’s metallic fangs.

“HELP!!!! SONIC!!!!” Amy’s screams echoed out from the apartment room.

The two hedgehogs were sitting at a bench, taking a break from the rides and whatnot.

Sonic was wearing a yellow visor that said ‘Twinkle’ in silver letters. Around his wrist, a string attacked to a blue balloon, and in one hand fluffy pink cotton candy. In front of him, sat nachos and cheese. “This is so much fun! We NEED to go on the Tilt-O-Whirl again!”

Shadow wore a green visor, tilted to the side, and around his neck a cheap beaded necklace. He reached forward and took a chip from Sonic and dunked it in cheese, “Why?” He tossed the chip in his mouth and chewed it, then finished his sentence, “So you can see me get sick again?” A slight sign of annoyance appeared on his face.

“No.” The blue one smiled, secretly dipping his finger into the warm yellow substance, “Yes!” He bent forwards and spread it on his nose. He laughed at his success.

The black one looked at it, making his two crimson eyes go cross-eyed, then stared at him, “You’re so immature.” He crossed his arms, seeing the other’s saddened expression, “But I wouldn’t want you any other way.” He turned away to hide his curved smile.

Sonic blushed a little, but leaned closer to him, “really?”

Shadow blinked as the other was taking his breathing room. His eyes were wide at the sudden closeness made his short of breath, “Uh…?”

The hero’s tongue came in contact with the other’s nose, lapping up the cheese that was placed there. He licked his lips in delight and watched him, lustfully, “Mmmm.” He practically hummed, enjoying the dark one’s taste over the sticky matter.

Shadow’s whole face turned bright red, the burning crimson color even seeped through his black fur. His lips moved carefully saying his name in a low whisper, “Sonic…” Butterflies made their way through Shadow’s stomach, making him feel tingly and woozy at the same time. Eye lids becoming extremely heavy, he motioned forward slowly, as their mouths parted inches from each other.

A thunderous boom was heard not far from where they were. Their eyes grew wide as they both looked in the direction of the sound. Fire, followed by a huge smoke cloud was seen, where the Farris wheel had been standing. Human people were fleeing for their life, out of the park, screaming and crying in fear.

Sonic was a little disappointed because the moment had been crushed, but being a hero was a twenty-four hour thing. He got off to a speedy start as he made his way to the Farris wheel’s ruins. He looked around, dead bodies lay limp on the concrete ground, many small children. He covered his mouth, as to stop from being sick. He looked around some more and shouted, “Come out! I know you’re here!” He knew something was there, he just did not know ’where’ specifically.

A pair of yellow eyes glanced down from the smoke. It’s snake-like voice echoed through the grey crackling clouds of debris, “Ah. Ssso, we meet again, Sssonic.” Two purple energy balls were forced through the fire-made fog, aimed straight for the swift hedgehog.

The hero did a brief cartwheel and dodged both by a hair. The two smoldering spots where they have landed, stood inches away from him. “Damn! And who are YOU suppose to be?” He cried up to him, getting a farther distance.

“You don’t remember?” The creature jumped down, becoming visible. The lizards maroon scales glittered in the moonlight as it’s pale eyes watched over him, carefully. “We didn’t get properly introduc*sss*ed.” It’s long, slender tongue, slithered across his mouth as he talked, “I’m haz*sss*ard.” Hazard? Now, how does that name sound unknown and familiar at the same time?

“I don’t know who you think you are…,” The wind started up around him, eyes gleaming greener than regular, “…but you’ve messed with the wrong hedgehog.” He formed his palms together as a green whirlwind of light spun rapidly in a ball. He sent a powerful burst from his palm to the lizard, “Chaos Shot!”

“Hm. Learn some new tricks, hedgehog?” The shot, simply reflected off the lizard, as, in a blink of an eye, he appeared in front of Sonic about to throw a fierce punch at him, when his arm was stopped. He heard a low, yet well-known voice.

“Don’t you dare hurt him.” Shadow threw a force punch at the lizards jaw, coming full contact with it.

The creature lost balance and fall to the ground, doing a few sloppy flips and face plants to the asphalt, finally skidding to a stop on his side. He lay there for a few moments before returning to his feet. He gave of a wicked evil smirk as he saw who took a strike at him, “Ssshadow.”

The dark one’s eyes narrowed, standing in front of the hero, “So, you finally showed your face Hazard. I haven’t seen you for some time.”

He whipped his lip clear of blood with the same smirk on his face, “Too long if you asssk me. The ARK. I would have dessstroyed the earth.”

Sonic watched in confusion, but was soon up to his neck with his own problem, literally. A big immortal hands was clenched around his throat as he was lifted into the air. He looked down at the liquid blue arm, noticing it was the monster, formally known as Chaos. He struggled to get freed, trying his very hardest to be released from it’s grasp. “Let… me go… Damn… YOU!” With all his strength, he pulled the thing’s arm apart and it turned to water on the ground. He fell with it, gasping for air. He saw the liquid form back into it’s arm as if nothing happened. He stood up and placed his back to his dark friend, “I have a feeling this is going to be a long night.” He whispered to him, and noticed the head nod.

“I’m afraid I won’t be able to protect you this time.” He grasped the blue one’s hand, tightly as his whisper continued back, “Be careful. After this fuck face is dead, I will. I promise.” He let go and plunged forward as full speed. Jet shoes fired up, as well as his fists, bright red and full of hate. He did not have a choice at this point, but he knew he could handle himself. At the same time, there was an anxiety in the pit of his stomach that told him that this would not end well.

This was the first ‘Project: Shadow’ ever created by Gerald. Codenamed: ‘Hazard.’ Born with a mixture of chemicals. An abomination from science itself, before the Professor ever knew about the magic of the Chaos emeralds. When he added the mystic energy of Chaos with the chemicals, mutations accrued. Turning the small lizard into a gigantic one that did not have the power to control it’s rage. It almost destroyed the ARK, twice. After having the energy flushed out of him, he was sealed away on board the ARK by Ivo. Like Chaos, it has stages where it becomes stronger: First stage, Hazard; Second, Biohazard; Third stage: Biolizard; and finally, Final Hazard or Perfect Hazard.

“You dare come at me head on?” The lizard ran at him, poison smoke pouring all around them. It noticed that it slowed the devil hedgehog down a bit. He jabbed his claw into his gut and squished until drawing blood, but there was also something else dripping from the creature’s fist. Toxic.

“GAaAaAhHhHhH!!!!!” He cried out in agonizing pain. The venom ate away at his wound and fell to the ground in throbbing pain. He tried to place a hand over the bleeding, but could not. He twitched and rolled around, as if a dieing insect, screaming out in vain.

Sonic looked over his shoulder, watching his friend being tortured by the poison. “Shado--” He was cut off from a blow to the head. He fell forward, regretting letting his guard down, but he could not just do nothing as the dark one suffers a tormenting death. “Shadow…” His eyes glittered with tears, but blinked once to return with a angered glare, “That’s… IT!” He got to his feet as a whirlwind of light danced around his body. The pupils in his eyes vanished and his eyes, as a whole, turned bright green. His voice echoed as he spoke, “Chaos Twister!!!!!!!” His body hovered from the ground as the swirling lights turned into on big beam that was a tornado, headed right for the clear-blue creature, it’s body splattering into nothing but a puddle. His attack was still in motion as he turned to the lizard now, “Chaos…!”

The small lizard, swiftly sprinted to the dark hedgehog on the ground and held him up, “Don’t even think about it, unless you want to hurt you ally?” He knew the hero would never hurt someone who did not deserve it. Using the hurt hedgehog was a perfect shield and a perfect escape plan at that. Either way, he would win.

A look of sympathy went across the hero’s expression, knowing he could not possibly hurt him. Never. The winds slowed, and his feet slowly met the ground. He ran out to the injured hedgehog and feel to his kneels with crystallized tears spilling from his eyes. “Damn you…” The lizard had already hightailed it, as he was left there, sobbing over the other’s ice cold body, “Oh, Shadow…” He nuzzled his face into his white tuff of fur, and held him close. He detected the other’s chilled quivering hand, that rested on his back. He looked up, into the other’s lifeless eyes, as more droplets of tears stain the dull muzzle, “Shadow. Speak to me. S-say something.” he said softly.

“You, faker…” There was a long pause before he continued, “Why are you crying over… ngh!… my dead body…?” The rest came out horsed and weak.

“My name is Sonic…” His eyes gained a little sparkle of heartbreak, “…and you’re not going to die… not here.” The blue one explained, as he forced his voice not to get choked up, “You’re going to live… you’ll be with me. Always.” His emotions and thoughts were spilling out from his mouth, unaware of what would happen next.

“Sonic…” His voice became weaker, but he went on with a small smile, “I adore your name.” His blush warmed his face a little, “If you want me to live… save me…” His body went limp as his crimson eyes rolled back into his skull, covered by the ebony lids. His mouth hung open as not air with in, nor out.

“Shadow!!!” He shook his body carefully, “No!! You can’t do this to me!! Not again!!” His tears flooded down his face as the tiny twinkling lights formed around him, as he gained white streaks on his quills. He leaned downwards and placed his lips close to his and spoke, “Maria… take care of him…” A small voice in his head sang the words, ‘Chaos Cure.’ as he placed his lips into the dark hedgehog’s. He dreamed of this taste, but it was not the same. They were not being returned. He deepened his kisses and sobbed softly, saying his name over and over again as he brushed his warm lips across the other’s frosted ones. He rested his forehead on the dark one’s, and talked, “Shadow the hedgehog… Why did you die on me…? I saw you. I saw us. Together, forever… My one love. I’m… I’m… utterly, obsessively in love with you, my shadow. You are my other half. My one and only.” He choked on any further words, but started screaming, “I love you! I love you!” The blue one’s streaks started to dissipate from his fur and absorbed into the black hedgehog under him. He sobbed harder, not paying attention to anything going on around him. “I love you…” He whispered. A surprise look went through his face as he felt a warm kiss being planted on his mouth.

“I love you, too…” The low pitch voice returned the words, and continued the passionate kisses.

It was Shadow he was sure of it. He desperately returned his kisses, happier than ever.

There noses, faces, muzzles, bodies, were all forced collectively, not separating for a minute. No words needed to be used. They both knew at that point that they could not go on without the other. Their tears, sweat, pain, and happiness merge with the other’s. Prayers were answered. A miracle had happened. A life was saved.

A pale girl stood, hovering through the air, watching down at them, with a smile as pure as the sky, her eyes, deep and blue as the sea, and golden hair as warm and bright as the sun’s light. Her purpose was to look after Shadow and make sure he was happy. If she would have let the separation of the bond die, Shadow’s happiness would have soon faded. She knew the dark warrior too well, and would have found his way back to Earth anyway. She knew his purpose and his time on this planet was not over. She believed that everyone should be given the chance to be happy, and out of all living beings, the strongest of them all, needed that one thing to survive. She smiled and vanished. The young girl, Maria, had granted Sonic’s wish, his prayer…