Sonadow
SonicXShadow
Vertical Infinity by NiGHTShadow

[Reviews - 76]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:
Just a couple minutes ago I got this great idea on how I wanted this story to progress. I know, I know. You say, "Shouldn't you have already known what you wanted to do with this story?" And I say, "...Foolish Mortal! Read my chapter and be happy!" To which you're probably like, "....uhm....oookay."
Chapter 15: Blood Dipped Sunrise

Vamo'alla

Sleep was not painful, and for this, of course, she was happy. Life was not a dream, so she knew she wasn't dreaming when she awoke to the sun rising in a window of a room she didn't recognize.

Blood red light splashed on her bed. She frowned at it, confused mostly by what she was doing in a place like this one. Where had she awoken? Where was her brother? Had he left her? Her eyes narrowed, one green and one red. Where am I again? She wondered. She looked out the window. Look at how much there is out there! She sighed. My brother and I can play all day, and it won’t even be all gone!

Her ear quirked, swiveling on her head, listening carefully for noises. There were gentle breathing sounds outside of the door, a little further away. There were honking noises and squeals much farther away, outside the window. She frowned even more deeply, biting her lip. Pretend, She thought. I’m going to play Pretend first. Then we’ll play something else, something more fun. Pretend isn’t that much fun, anyway.

She stared out the window again, at the blood stain that colored the sky. And there are other living things here to play with! she decided. It’s going to be so much fun… I love games!

Sonic

His room had been given to the small creature Shadow called his sister. Tails had identified it, a wolf, of all things.

Shadow had become very quiet, very still, watching it breathe. How long had it been? Probably at least an hour or so. Shadow was determined to see it wake up, but Tails had decided to move her from his room's floor, and Shadow had gotten bored of waiting. He had left without really saying much, and Sonic wasn't sure where exactly he had gone to. He wanted to ask, but figured it would be pointless.

It was around dawn, Sonic knew, because he always woke up at around dawn so that he could take a run through the city. But so far, Sonic found that he wasn't even trying to move. He was lazy, right about now, and he halfway wished that he had bothered Shadow about where he was headed, because he wouldn't be so bored if he was with Shadow...

There was a thump from his room, and he realized that Shadow's sister was awake. He rose to his feet, bumping into the coffee table as he did, and cursed softly.

The door to his room opened just then, silent and slow. An emerald eye peeked around the door, and Sonic relaxed, smiling genially.

"So you're awake!" He exclaimed, softly.

The thing—girl, he reminded himself— nodded, coming out from behind the door fully, though she seemed very bashful. Sonic realized how much shorter than he that she was.

"You're so cute," Sonic exclaimed, bending down to see her eye to eye. Surprised at the two mismatched orbs that stared back at him, he said, "So what's your name?"

"Vamo'alla." She said, softly. Her voice was innocent and small.

"Vamo'alla," Sonic repeated, and she smiled. Sonic realized that she had sharp teeth, and that her smile, though childish and innocent, came out looking rather feral.

Maybe that's part of why she was ...well, not used? Maybe it's because she's actually nice, even though she looks like she'd be evil? He said to himself. "Are you hungry?"

"Yesh." She nodded, widening her eyes. He grinned.

"Okay. Well, it's pretty early..." He looked towards the kitchen, "And I can't cook. And sometimes Tails stays up really late and he's too tired to get up. So how about if we eat out?"

"What is 'Tails'?" She asked blithely, cocking her head to one side.

Sonic grinned. "Tails is a friend of mine," he answered.

"Who awe you?" She asked, carefully.

"I'm Sonic. Sonic the hedgehog!" He told her.

"Sonic?" She said, straightening up. She stared at him for a couple seconds, but then her stomach growled. "I'm hungwy."

"Okay, no prob. We'll hit the streets. Let's go!" Sonic took her hand. They were cold, even through his gloves he could feel the absolute frigidness in her hands. He dropped it, saying, "Whoa, you're cold."

She frowned, but she said nothing, just stared at him.