Sonadow
SonicXShadow
Vertical Infinity by NiGHTShadow

[Reviews - 76]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:
As my horrificly unplanned fiction progresses, I'd like to thank those people who read this (and hopefully, generally ignore my author's notes) because YOU PEOPLE ROCK!
=D That's it. Just wanted you to know that I totally appreciate you guys, even if I don't respond to your reviews (which I'm gonna start doing, now that I'm used to this layout).
Chapter 16: Musings

Dr. Ivan

It wasn’t easy, he admitted to himself, to come up with new ideas constantly, but with the ultimate power and the Vertical Infinity in mind, he had come up with a whole new Metal Sonic and Metal Knuckles. He had even allowed them to destroy parts of his lab (the parts he was going to revamp later anyway) and made sure he kept them in tiptop shape. And today, he cackled to himself, today was the day in which everything would slowly but surely begin.

For once, he had no intention of hurting anyone, for the simple reason that he needed all of his enemies alive, to see his monumental moment, so he could laugh in their faces…

“Master Robotnik.” Metal Sonic spoke up from a doorway behind him. Dr. Ivan had programmed this into Metal Sonic and Metal Knuckles as well, the rebellion. He didn’t want to command them to destroy the lab and leave him alive, because Tails- that stupid fox- could easily surf right into their interfaces and figure everything out. So he had programmed the virus, made sure they’d leave him alive, and barely harmed, and just needed to wait it out. And today was that day.

“What is it, I’m busy!” He barked. If Tails could access their interfaces, then he would see this in the video memory, and it would seem even clearer that Dr. Ivan had not been expecting something like the mutiny of his two new creations. He turned, trying to keep a smirk from rising onto his pudgy face. Fear replaced his once amused thoughts, because he had forgotten exactly how it felt to be staring down a gun, or in Metal Sonic’s case, a cannon. “Wh-what are you doing?”

“…Destroying.” Metal Sonic said, and instantly, a wave of Energy blasted out of his arm.

Dr. Ivan’s last, and most prominent thought was I said BARELY hurt, not bleeding from every pore in my body!

Shadow

It was obvious to Shadow that he shouldn’t have left his sister alone with Sonic, King of Optimism, because next thing Shadow knew, his sister would probably be spouting the same garbage Sonic did. Shadow was very suspicious that like himself, his sister didn’t grow and that whatever Sonic decided to tell her would stick in her head to haunt him for a long, long time. Although, Shadow mused, Sonic probably doesn't like G.U.N. all that much anymore, so maybe he'd instill a hatred of them into her! Still, even the threat that his sister would become too much like Sonic hadn’t been enough to make him want to stay for longer than a night in Westopolis. That would have been a terror in itself. So rather than stick around, Shadow waited for Sonic to fall asleep and let himself out. He had, however, watched over his sister while she slept, positive that she’d wake soon so that they could leave together.

Today, Shadow was in the Mystic Ruins, far, far away from the prying eyes of society. It felt really good to be alone again, Shadow decided, but he would rather it if someone like him was around too. Sonic was good company, Shadow supposed, but not when he was trying to think. And right now, he wanted to think.

There was an explosion nearby, and Shadow swiveled his ears to hear it, but didn’t look in its direction. He could tell that the explosion was out of eyeshot.Maybe it had been a boat or something, he thought. It came from the ocean, anyway.

He ignored the couple of researchers who went running towards the explosion. Humans, he decided, were much like moths to a flame; where there was danger, they would be there, if only to become collateral damage in the process. It was part of the reason why he could honestly say he hated just about the entire human race.

His thoughts wandered again, and he began to think about how bored he had become, recently. He hated the waiting period between new challenges, and he never ever felt like racing Sonic, since the blue hog was extremely annoying about the whole affair. Besides that, he was tied up in helping the humans in Westopolis, and Shadow wasn't about to deal with them. Shadow was just itching to do something exciting. He had thought that with his sister around, life would have changed drastically, but that hadn't happened either. Much too optimistic of me, he thought, sitting on one of the stairs to Tails' garage.

And, Shadow began to wonder, what was his sister like? Was she evil or good? Black Doom had shut her off… so maybe, just maybe, he had created a good creature. Or, Shadow thought, maybe she was bad. Maybe she was nonchalant and cold, and killed everything that she saw. I don’t see a reason to shut her down, if that’s the case. Shadow decided. He could have put her to sleep and shipped her off to any planet, and then she would’ve destroyed it and called it a day.

However, Black Doom had never said he wanted to destroy the planet. He said he wanted to purge it. And Shadow supposed that Black Doom had just meant to wipe the existence of the human race off the planet Earth. If that was the case, then why even bother working with one of them to create the ultimate lifeform?

Thoroughly confused, Shadow tightened his hands into fists and squeezed, releasing his hands again. These sort of mysteries could be pondered later, he decided. I’m going to have to go back to Westopolis, just to see if my sister’s awake.