Sonadow
SonicXShadow
Vertical Infinity by NiGHTShadow

[Reviews - 76]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:
I lied. A little. I have all the chapters up until the middle written. I've had writers' black for like, a year now. Okay, maybe just two weeks. It's gotten so bad that I haven't been online for a while. ^_^'' I really have no idea where this story is going!
Chapter 5: Enigma

Amy

Sonic’s got to be out here somewhere. Amy thought to herself. She had to show her lover her discovery.

The capsule that she had just put down shuddered. A melody came out from inside of it, and Amy turned to it, listening.

It was a very pretty song, and Amy was confused. Weren’t the Black Arms all about death, killing, and murder? Why did they have a capsule that played pretty music?

“You know,” She said to the capsule, “you’re a big gigantic enigma. That’s my word for today. It means mystery.”

The capsule continued to play music, until it died out and lapsed into silence. Amy started at it, then leaned closer. She could make out a figure inside, but she wasn’t quite sure exactly what it was. Maybe it was a big battery.

“Can you play something romantic?” She asked it. The capsule made no noise. “Maybe you’re broken… I bet Tails could fix you!” The capsule remained quiet. Amy wondered why she was talking to it as if it was a person. “Oh well. I’ll find Tails and he’ll tell me where Sonic is, and then we’ll get this thing fixed.”

The capsule shuddered, and made no noise. Amy didn’t know what she’d do with it. Maybe she could get Tails to come to it?

“I bet Tails is with Sonic! Good thing I have a Sonic radar!” Amy whisked a pink suitcase out of thin air and opened it. Inside was Amy’s claim to fame: a fully operational Sonic tracking device made specifically for making Sonic hers (and then perhaps to take over the world and make it red and pink). She had a knuckles radar and a Tails radar, and was considering buying a Shadow radar (which she saw on the black market for 25,000 rings) and then her Sonic radar, which she used sparingly because it was liable to break. But it had never been wrong!

As soon as she found out where Tails was, she took off. She wouldn’t let Sonic get away from her this time!

Shadow

Shadow found himself once again in Westopolis. The city was the connection between all three stories. This was where he needed to be. For now, anyway.

He saw a blur of pink and inwardly sighed, feeling sorry for Sonic. Amy was pretty cloying and also generous with her usual annoying chatter. He sort of wished she would keep it to herself. Or away from him, anyway.

“Shadow!” Shadow cringed. That was Sonic. And if Sonic was there, then Amy would come, and if she came, then it would just be a big old reunion, and he’d only been gone for two days!

“What?” He asked, grudgingly, turning. To his immediate dismay, Sonic was not alone. Tails was with him. Shadow groaned. As usual, the fox was giving him the sort of look Shadow expected from a doctor.

“You’re back already?” Sonic sounded genuinely surprised. “We haven’t really made much progress. Have you come to help?”

“No.” Shadow grumbled. “I’m here because I felt like coming.”

Sonic was quiet. Shadow hated when he did that, because he knew that Sonic was plotting in his head, probably something that would help Shadow until Shadow botched it and it all went to hell. “Now that I think about it…” Sonic said, suddenly, “Westopolis is where everything began, over and over again.”

Shadow sighed. He had already come to that conclusion, but why ruin the younger hedgehog’s revelation? “Yes.” He nodded.

“Maybe you ought to stick around.” Sonic said, his verdant eyes managing to make Shadow feel much like a younger child.

“Whatever.” He grumbled, glaring back at Sonic. “Wait. I just saw Amy running around here. I am not going to stay around for that.”

Sonic and Tails visibly shuddered. “Yeah… then I guess we aren’t either.” Tails piped up. “We’re going to see Knuckles and help him repair parts of his island.”

Shadow was silent. Finally he said, “I never went to Angel Island.”

“Yeah, but we destroyed that place the last time we visited, so we figured we’d clean up. A little.” Sonic said. He added, “Do you want to come?”

Shadow was torn. One, he didn’t want to stick around and deal with Amy, and two, he didn’t want to deviate from his ultimate goal. But Sonic was almost pleading with him, and he had a hard time turning Sonic down.

“…Fine.” He decided. “If it’ll keep me away from Amy.”

Sonic grinned. “Then let’s get outta here!”