Sonadow
SonicXShadow
Manipulated Love by Anvanimaserke

~After Shock~

"Sonic...?" Amy said carefully as she peeked inside the sapphire creature's room. He was lying on his bed, in the exact same position he had been in that morning. His quills were splayed over his black comforter, his eyes fixed blankly on the skylight above him. Amy slowly crept up to him, making sure her red hightops didnt squeak on the dark hardwood floor. "...Watcha looking at?"

"The stars..."

"Why?" She quipped, laying on her stomach next to her crush and resting her head on his chest.

"I dont know, nothing better to do..." He said blankly, as he rolled over, a little less then gently pushing Amy off. She sat up, fixing a few pink strands that strayed from behind her head band.

"... I got a new pet chao. Its pink with blue spots and it likes cream cheese but not carrots. Its got a cute little tuff of hair so I wanted to call it Tuffy but I dont like that name so I thought maybe you could help me na-"

"Amy?"

"Yeah?"

"Shut up."

"Sonic!" She glared, standing up in a huff. "I was just trying to make you feel better! You dont have to be mean!" Then she stormed out, practically knocking over Rouge in the hall.

"Hey, Amy! Whats wrong hun?" Sonic heard her say before the two disappeared down the hall.

"Why couldnt I save you..." Sonic said out loud, still staring up at the stars. Tails stopped dead in the doorway, sadly staring at his best friend. He sighed before sinking down against the wall, and resting his face in his hands.

"Tails?"

"Huh?" He looked up with big shiny blue eyes, at the one who had said his name, Knuckles. His brows knitted up in concern, as he saw the unshed tears in the cute little fox's eyes.

"Whats the matter?" He asked as he slid down the wall next to his friend.

"I-Its just... Sonic is so upset! A-and I dont know what I can do! We're best friends... a-and I feel like theres nothing I can do to make him feel better!" Tails hiccuped, before a cute little squeak caught in his throat, as if he were trying not to cry.

"You really care for him..." Knuckles looked down at the floor, as if suddenly interested in the gray-blue carpet. Tails nodded, again resting his face in his hands.

"I'm such a baby... I cant stop crying..."

"Its alright Tails, crying is better then holding it in." The red ecidna paused, before resting a hand on Tail's shoulder. "Look, I know we're not... good friends or anything. You get along much better with Sonic then with me... But if you ever want to talk, or need a shoulder to cry on... I'm here."

"Knuckles... Thank you..." Tails said before sinking down against his friend, and resting against his warm chest. His finger's tangled in a delicate gold chain around Knuckles neck, and he fiddled absently with it. "Thank you..."

"...You're welcome...." he said, laying his arm around Tails's shoulder. They both sat there in the dark hall, feeling warm and oddly shy, but good. Very good.

~^~^~^~^~

"Amy, calm down. He's upset, thats all."

"Its not just that!" She shouted down at Rouge, as she sat up in her favorite tree. Amy flicked at the dark hard bark, wearing it away in one spot, as the emerald leaves above speckled her with shade and spots of the violet light of dusk.

"Then what?" Rouge questioned, her hands set on her hips as she looked up into the branches of the old tree, only seeing a small spot of pink through the foliage.

"He doesnt like me! He never will!! But I cant stop liking him! Even when he's mean! Do you know what that feels like!! To like someone and know that they wont ever like you back!? It hurts...." Rouge's black bat wings fluttered as her feet lifted from the grassy ground. She landed on the branch beside Amy, and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"I know. You're right, it does hurt. I understand why you would be upset."

"...Huh? but Knuckles likes you." Amy said, blinking away tears of frustration, a confused look on her face. Rouge smiled, leaning back against the tree and staring up at the emerald canopy. 'she doesnt get it...'

"...You haven't seen his new necklace, have you?"

"... no, what does that have to do with it?"

"... Its not important. Thats not what I meant."

".... Huh?"

"...Never mind... come here." Rougue said, opening her arms. Amy blinked a few times, as if her brain suddenly needed more time to process her current thoughts, before she crawled up to the white bat, and leaned against her. Rouge wrapped her arms around Amy, holding her tightly. Her wings began to flap, carrying the pink hedgehog and her above the leafy canopy, to rest on top of the tree. "The stars are pretty tonight, hm?"

"yeah... Sonic seems to think so."

"Dont think about him right now... think about how pretty the sky is. It will make you feel better." Amy looked up at the darkening violet sky. It was littered with a thousand white stars, blooming in the darkness. A few light pink clouds still hovered over the horizon, as the golden sun sank below.

"Wow... beautiful...."

"Yeah..." said Rouge, her eyes not on the sky. "Beautiful."
~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~
*cries* I got no reviews here!! *sniffle* maybe another chapter and someone will review? *hopeful look*