Sonadow
SonicXShadow
Manipulated Love by Anvanimaserke

~Glass Rose

"Sonic!!" An annoyed voice shouted from outside the hedgehog's door. "Damn it Sonic, get the door!!" Knuckles shouted again when there was no response. Sonic pulled open his eyes, yawning widely as his lids slid back down and he buried his face in his pillow.

"Why dont you get it?!" He shouted back, still face down in the soft black pillows.

"Because I'm stuck outside your door!"

"...huh?" Sonic stood and stretched, yawning widely yet again as he slipped his feet into his red and white hightops. The door bell was sounding over and over again, as if the person ringing it was attempting to beat it to death. "What do you mean your stuck outside my d-..... oh." The little spiky speedster stopped in mid sentence as he looked down at the echidna sitting in the hall. Tails had fallen asleep nestled in his lap. Knuckles had covered his ears to prevent the shouting or the door bell from waking him. "Alright. alright. I'll get the door..." Sonic grumbled, still in a rotten mood. He was sick of just laying around all day, but nothing else really felt worth doing. 'Maybe I'll go out for a run...' he thought as his feet carried him down the long hall, and his fingers traced the dark green walls. The tiniest smile warmed his face, and little embers of his old fire began to burn in his eyes. 'Yeah, that sounds good...' He happened to glance at a digital clock hung up in the glimmering white kitchen, and practically did a double take. '8:30 AM??? Who the hell decides to murder a door bell at this unholy hour!? Ok, if this isnt a life or death situation I'm gonna beat this joker over the head with a frying pan,' thought the annoyed sapphire creature before reaching for the doorknob. He yanked open the door with an 'annoyed as hell' look on his face, but suddenly just froze.

"...Hello Sonic."

"O-oh my god...Sh-Shadow?" The black hedgehog stood in the doorway almost awkwardly, a little half smile on his lips.

"Yes, Its me." Sonic just stared for a few more long moments, before slowly reaching out a hand. Shadow's ruby eyes flicked down at the reaching hand, before he tilted his face down to meet it, and held it to his cheek. "I'm real," he said, with the smallest grin. He then took his other hand from behind his back, and held up a single glass rose. The stem was transparent and crystal green, the petals were red with their tips dipped in black.

"W-whats this for?" Sonic stammered, taking the rose with the hand Shadow hadn't claimed. The ruby eyed creature smirked, running his free hand through his red and black quills, and looking Sonic straight in the eyes.

"I thought you might like it, thats all. Do you?"

"Y-yes, I do. Thank you."

"Hey look, its Shadow!" Knuckles said in an overly friendly tone, as a very sleepy Tails followed a few steps behind him. "Its so nice to see you!" he reached out from behind Sonic and shook the other hedgehog's paw. "There you go Sonic, we told you not to worry." Sonic looked at the red echidna suspiciously.

"Did you get laid last night Knuckles? Your to... nice."

"Oh no. I was just thinking now you can stop crying your eyes out and being so depressed! Now that your lover boy is back that is..."

"KNUCKLES! THATS NOT FUNNY!!" Sonic growled, glaring angrily. Shadow chuckled, his eyes seeming to spark mischieviously.

"He's right you know, its not. Its just true. I'm sorry Sonic, I didnt mean to upset you so much..." Shadow cooed in a sweet voice, stepping between the echidna and his so called 'lover boy'.

"H-huh?" Sonic fumbled around for words, but they were suddenly more difficult to find as Shadow leaned in close, holding him so they were chest to chest, and breathing in his ear. Sonic shuddered, feeling hot breath dance over his ear, he couldnt help but relax in Shadow's arm.

"Just play along, and we'll freak him out," the ultimate life form whispered, grinning. Sonic's mischievious nature perked up, and he quickly grinned back at the black hedgehog.

"Ooooo, Shadow..." Sonic moaned, tilting his head back and baring his neck, while pulling Shadow's face to him. He grinned against Sonic's flesh before slowly licking up the bared neck, gently biting here and there. His arms held the blue hedgehog around the waist tightly, while Sonic's hands ran up and down Shadow's sides. Sonic's whole body suddenly felt hot and tingly, and he began to pant.

"Uh-I-I-uh-Well-I-errr......Ihavetogoputaroastintheshowerbye!" Knuckles stammered, before rushing down the hall and disappearing into the house. The two spiky haired creatures stared at each other a moment more, before stepping apart and laughing hysterically.

"Oh my god, did you see the look on his face!? He looked like a great big embarassed tomato!" Sonic shouted, before falling backwards with fits of wild laughter.

"Classic." Shadow said with another smirk, again staring at Sonic. He felt himself blush a little, feeling those sharp blood red eyes on him.

"What are you lookin' at?"

"You."

"Oh."

"Your just funny looking, thats all."

"Hey!" Sonic said, playfully smacking Shadow on the shoulder. They both grinned at each other, as Sonic took the glass rose off the porch and tucked it behind his ear. "... You wanna go do something?"

"Like what?" Sonic could have sworn Shadow's tone was almost .... flirty.

"I was gunna go for a run, you wanna come?"

"... How about a race." 'Oooo, a challenge. Thrilling. I love to watch him run.' Sonic thought, unable to keep the wide grin off his face.

"K, a race it is. First one to the ice cream shop on the other side of town wins! Loser pays for the ice cream!" And suddenly they were both off, in the blur of midnight black and sapphire blue. Gray pavement pounded under their feet as cute little houses, trees, gardens, and cars all fell behind them. Sonic glanced at the runner about half a step ahead of him. 'No way I'm paying for the ice cream.' he thought, before forcing his legs to move faster. 'Thats what I like about him, he always wants the best of me.'

Shadow didnt have the pleasure of enjoying the undiluted thrill of the race, dark things were on his mind.

'I want you to get to know him, make him like you, make him love you. Then leave him, crush him. And one more thing Shadow, you are to tell no one of my plans.' He could still hear her voice in his head, commanding him, controlling him. He could feel tears prickling in his eyes but he knew he couldnt cry. Because he couldnt explain why he was upset. 'Sonic... please dont love me....' Shadow pleaded silently while racing along beside him, just wishing he could run away.

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~

sorry it took me so long to update, I got my internet disconected -_- but its all better now ^^ hope you like this chapter!!! PLease review!!!