Sonadow
SonicXShadow
Manipulated Love by Anvanimaserke

"Well, how did it go?" Feliesha's sleek white tail was swishing back and forth regally, as she slowly circled Shadow the hedgehog.

"Fine." he growled through his teeth, hot anger burning inside him.

"Does it seem like he's interested in you?" she asked, sitting in her favorite arm chair. The darkness of the room slid over her like a cloak, making everything but her smoldering pink eyes invisible. Shadow's black fur stood on end as he growled, his hands balling into tight fists.

"Fuck off you demented freak, I dont want to be your puppet." The female cat had been admiring her long sharp claws, but her gaze shot up to Shadow upon hearing his response. She stood and glided across the room, an eeriely calm smile on her face.

"Oh Shadow..." She was still smiling as she gently placed her hand on his cheek, and giggled softly. "That's too fucking bad, isn't it?" she hissed, before digging her claws into the side of his face. Shadow caught a whimper in his throat before it sounded, and squeezed his eyes shut. "Tell me honestly... does this hurt?" She asked as little drops of scarlet began to dribble out of Shadow's cheek and down her nails.

"Yes..." She giggled again, somewhat more sadisticly, and shoved her puppet to the ground.

"Now tell me truthfully, does it seem like Sonic is interested in you yet?"

"...Yes...." Shadow whispered as he hung his head. He covered his eyes and concentrated on the sound of his breathing, not wanting to know any of this was real.

"And..." Shadow could hear it in her tone, she was grinning again. "Are you interested in him?"

"What?" Shadow looked up quickly, glaring with eyes as sharp as diamonds. "No, of course not!"

"I think youre lying."

"And why the hell would you think that?"

"Well for one thing, you're blushing." The once so mighty ultimate life form couldnt say anything to that, he could feel the blush staining his cheeks. "Well, this makes things interesting doesnt it...?"

"You are one sadistic twisted bitch. I swear, I will kill you," he growled, wishing, praying he could. She simply chuckled darkly, grabbing a pink ribbon off the stand by the fireplace. Shadow watched the flames for a moment, fire was so powerful, but she always kept it dim, contained, controlled... like him.

"Empty threats hun," she said in an overly sweet tone as he tied her long white hair into a ponytail with the ribbon. "You can never go against my will. You know very well I control everything you do. Now, I want you to go find Sonic, charm him, make him... "

"I know... love me..." Shadow whispered, almost brokenly.

"Dont act so sad Shadow, you would be too shy to do all this yourself, I'm giving you a chance with him."

"Only to make me hurt him in the end!" the black male growled, almost in tears... he felt so helpless.

"Nothings free," Feliesha said, now slipping on a pair of pink and white sandals. "Now go!"

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Sonic sat on the porch, bathing in the cool afternoon light, and watching the autumn leaves chase each other in the wind. A sudden cold rush of wind rustled his messy blue quills around his head, and he pulled his light green jacket closer to his chilled thin body.
'Bbbbrrrrrrrrrr....' was his basic train of thought. Although, the couple of icepacks he had tied around his leg with medical tape didnt help much. His leg was still a little stiff but at least he could walk on it now. He looked up at the clear blue sky, recalling the conversation Tails and him had had the previous night. After the giddy little fox returned from the Yugioh movie (and after Sonic had gotten him to stop babbling about subtext between some people named Yugi and Yami with Knuckles) Sonic had told him about the time he spent with Shadow, and asked if it was a date. Tails deemed it "Definitely deserving of the term, date." Sonic blushed at the thought.
' I didnt know it was gunna turn into a DATE.... Does he not care that we're both guys?' The blue hedgehog snorted out loud at his thoughts, 'yeah right, he wouldn't. He doesnt care about anything other that what he wants... does that mean he wants... me? Do I want him to want me? It was nice to spend time with him yesterday, although I could have just been happy to see him alive, but we DID hold hands and-GAH! my head hurts...'

"Hello Sonic." Shadow was suddenly standing in front of him, as if he had just appeared from thin air.

"Oh! Hi Shadow. Geez, you gave me a heart attack!" Sonic said, suddenly unable to stop himself from smiling.

"Sorry... have you been out here all night? Your friends get sick of you and kick you out?"

"No! I was just... waiting for you."

"Oh... here." Shadow took a little red box out of the pocket of his grey coat, and held it out for the other to take.

"Whats this for?"

"Because your 'special' " Shadow said with a smirk, using 'quoty fingers', as he sat down next to the other male.

"Oh you're so funny I forgot to laugh. Oh wait, I remembered. Ha. Ha. Ha." Sonic responded flatly, also grinning.

"Oh shut up and open it already!" 'I'm smiling... why? I know... because I... I enjoy this... I like spending time with him, I like giving him things and seeing him smile and laugh... how can I enjoy myself when I know whats going to happen...' Shadow thought miserably to himself, trying to force back the tears he felt prickling in his eyes.

"Shadow.... Its so pretty... what is it?" The black one pulled himself from his thoughts to look at Sonic. In his gloved hand he held a little silver ring. It had a heart on it, held between two hands with a little crown on top.

"Its a claddagh ring. It's Irish, and look..." He pointed out different parts of the ring as he spoke, "The crown is for loyalty, the hands are for friendship, and the heart is for love. All things I believe you find most important, right?" Sonic stared for a moment, at the ring then at Shadow.

"Thank you... I love it!" Sonic couldnt believe Shadow had given him such an... intimate gift.

"I'm glad... here..." Shadow spoke softly, as he took Sonic's hand and removed the glove. He took the ring and held it up for Sonic to see. "Which way would you like to wear it?"

"Uhhhh..... on my finger?"

"...thats not what I meant." Shadow said with a little smile. "The ring means different things depending on how you wear it. If the crown is pointing in, it means you are looking for someone to love, if it's pointing out... it means your taken."

"Oh..." 'Is he trying to claim me?' Sonic's mind screamed, as his heart pounded in his chest. It took him a few moments, but he finally decided how to answer. " Crown pointing in... for now," he said with what he hoped was a little flirty smile.

"Ok..." Shadow smiled right back, gently slipping the ring on Sonic's ring finger, "for now."

"HEY GUYS!!!" a loud voice suddenly shrieked, "GUESS WHAT!??!"

"Amy, volume!!" Sonic snapped, suddenly very annoyed that he and Shadow were interrupted.

"Ooops, sorry Sonic. Guess what!?"

"What." both Shadow and Sonic said flaty.

"I met a new friend when I went out shopping today. She's really nice, and really pretty, and loves to shop, and likes chaos as much as me! We hit it off real fast and now we're like, best friends!! I was telling her about all of you guys, and she got all sad cuz she says she doesnt have that many friends. So I told her she could come over tonight, and we could all sorta, you know, hang out."

"Oh... Cooli," Sonic said, trying to sound more enthusiastic then he was. He really did feel bad for being so rude to Amy all the time, but the girl just wouldn't get it through her head that he wasn't interested. But if she had a new person to go annoy, Sonic was all for that. "Shadow, can you stay to hang out to?" Sonic asked, finding himself wanting to spend more time with the ruby eyed male.

"Uhhh...." He began, not sure if he should...

"Oh, he'll stay, the more the merrier!" Shadow suddenly starred in horror at the girl coming up behind Amy.

"Oh, this is my new friend, her name is Feliesha!" Amy chimed, hugging the white cat tightly.

'What the hell is she up to?' Shadow thought.

"I'm so happy Amy invited me over! This will be so much fun!" The evil mistress squeed, looking eeriely cute.

"Yep! This is Shadow, this is Sonic, and Tails, Rouge and Knuckles are inside!" Amy said.

"Cool, I wanna go meet them!! Oh, and is it ok if we all play my fav. game?" Feliesha asked, giving adorable kitty eyes.

"SURE!!" Amy squealed, "What is it?!"

"Truth or Dare."

'Oh shit...' Shadow thought.