Sonadow
SonicXShadow
Manipulated Love by Anvanimaserke

"I'm gunna win! i'm gunna win!" Sonic shouted over the raoring wind. The pair of racing hedge hogs were zooming toward the icecream shop. They were so close, the big tacky, yellow and red "ice cream" sign was in view.

"Tell me Sonic, are you hungry?" Shadow said with a trademark smirk. Sonic took his eyes off the road infront of him, to give Shadow a 'huh?' kind of look. "Because you're about to eat my dust!"

"Fat chance!" Sonic responded with a big, competitive grin. Shadow's eyes suddenly widened, and he shouted,

"Sonic, look out!" But it was too late. The spiky haired speedster had not yet looked back at the path infront of him, so he didn't notice the fluffy, white cat infront of him. He tripped over the little fuzz ball -who gave a 'mrooow!!' of protest- and was sent flying forward, spinning in the air before he crashed through the icecream shop's large glass window. He yelped as his back hit the sheet of glass first, shattering the window (which could actually be qualifyed as more of a glass wall) and sending thousands of razor shard shards spilling over him and into the shop. Sonic then crashed down over the table set by the (ex)window, causing it's legs to collapes from under it, before bouncing off and crash landnig in the glass-toped freezer. Pain and burning cold hit him in the face, and he realized he had landed face first in a huge tub of rasparry ripple icecream. He pulled himself up acwardly, and began picking the glass out of his face and quills.

"Woah... wipe out..." someone muttered, and then the whispering started. Creeping like a little bug, buzzing about the clumsy freedom fighter. "he's not very agile, is he?" "Look, he's all beat up..." "Wow, THATS what protects us? And a window beat him?" "Thats sort of pathetic..." Sonic hung his head, a dark blush staining his cheeks as a hot embarassed feeling stewed in his stomach.

"SONIC!" shouted a large, plump purple cat whom had been serving icecream. "You wrecked the place!" He stormed out from behind the counter, looming over the little blue hedgehog, raideating near blind rage. " You careless stupid clutzy jerk! You should be more damn careful and think for two god damn seconds before you-"

"Enough." Shadow growled, his tone deadly and his eyes smouldering. He was suddenly standing between Sonic and the enraged shop keeper. He curled his finger's in, and threw a fist at the cat's pudgy face. 'There are some advantages' he thought, 'to having a metal fist.' The cat wadled backwards, holding a paw to it's indured cheek, and attempted to look angry at the black mennice, but could only look afraid. "It was just an axident, you mad headed ape." Shadow's burning red eyes flickered down to the floor when he heard a precous litle chuckle from the blue freedom fighter.

"Mad headed ape?" He questioned, still looking a little dazed from the fall, but quite amuzed by the... less then main streem insult. ' he has a nice smile...' Shadow found himself thinking, suddenly feeling rather warm.

"It's a Shakespearian insult." He said softly, as he kneeled beside Sonic and used his own gloves to wipe some of the icy guck from his face. "Are you alright?"

"...My leg hurts."

"Can you stand on it?" butterflies fluttered around in Shadow's stomach as the thought of Sonic being seriously hurt suddenly occured to him.

"...I don't think so." Sonic's tone was sad and pained, and he tried in vien to move his leg.

"Hmmmm.... it doesnt feel broken...." Shadow thought out loud as he gently grasped Sonic's leg here and there, feeling for anything out of place. " Most likely, it's just severly brused, or spained, maybe I should take you home and-"

"No! I... don't want to go home yet..." Sonic nervously ran a hand through his quills, his ears turning down as a pink blush glowed on his cheeks. "... I'ts been fun... you know... spending time with you. I've missed you."

"...Alright, I won't take you home just yet... And I've missed you to... faker." Shadow said with playful smile, as he ran a hand through Sonic's quills, messing them.

"Hey!" Sonic batted Shadow away, also smiling.

"Hold onto me..." Shadow spoke gently as he slipped one arm under Sonic's legs, and the other around his back. He lifted the emrald eyed male 'damzel in distress' style, turned, and headed back out the broken window of the store.

"S-someone is going to have to pay for all the d-damage." stuttered the shop keeper, while nursing a big black bruise on his cheek with an ice pack.

"That would be you." Shadow glanced over his shoulder to growl, before walking out, with Sonic in his arms, into the bright autome sunlight.

"... Stupid purple prick." He growled when the were further down the side walk. Sonic snickered while nodding his head, and let his gaze wander around. It was a beautiful bright day, the sky an endless sheet of crisp blue, while golden sunlight splashed down over the small town. The ground was littered with earthy brown, blood red, and sunset orange leaves, that chased each other in dizzing spirals, in the cold, whipping wind. "... What are you smiling about?"

"I dunno." Sonic siad, feeling a grin warm his chilled cheeks, "I'm just happy, I guess."

'Is it because... of me?' Shadow felt the question bubble up inside ihm, but he was cut off before he could ask.

"Where are we going? I don't know this part of town."

"Just here." Shadow stopped and let Sonic look around. It was a tiny wooden hut, nestled in a cluster if trees. In swirly, pretty letters it read 'ice cream shoppe' along the top. Four old, wooden picnic tables sat at acward angles in front, speckled with dancing sun spots and shade, and autome leaves. "I found this place on my way to find you." Sonic's emarald eyes suddenly flew wide, as if he had just thought of sothing important.

"What happened to you!? How are you still alive!?"

"... I died and heaven wouldn't let me in, and hell was afraid I would take over." Sonic chuckled, a light happy sound, and Shadow felt himself smile. He gently placed Sonic down at one of the picnic tables, and asked, "What flavor of icecream would you like?"

"Chocolate! It's my favorite!"

"Mine too."

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~

Knuckles paced back and forth across his room restlessly, roughly kicking and clutter that dare get in his way. He passed his big red, stitched up punching bag, and hit it so hard his fist hurt. The punching bag swung and hit the wall behind it, sending a loud 'BANG' through the entire house. Scowling, Kuckles collapsed on his large, firm bed, spreading himself over his orange comforter and stearing up at the cieling. The door opened a tiny crack and shy blue eyes starred though.

"Something wrong, Knuckles?" Tails asked inoccently, twirling a tuff of white fur sticking out from his ear around his fingers.

"No, why the hell would something be wrong?!" The red ehcidna snapped. Tails flinched at the harsh tone as his gaze fell to the floor, and his ears turned down.

"S-sorry..."

"...No Tails, I'm sorry..." Knuckles said delicatly, instantly feeling like a jerk for yelling.

"What's the matter?" The double tailed fox asked, in a more carful tone.

"I'm just... confused."

"Confused?" Tails questioned as he stepped inside. The matress gave a little bounce an a little squeak as he sat on the bed next to the sprwaled out echidna. Knuckles sighed deeply, starring at the thick red drappes that caught the sun before it could pour into his room.

"I... I don't know what I want anymore."

"What do you mean?"The fox questioned, tilting his head to the keft slightly in an attempt to catch Knuckle's deep, dark eyes.

"... I used to think I liked Rouge a while back, we were dating, remember?"

"uh-huh."

"Well... Something started feeling off about it. I tryed to ignore it but... well, we kissed, and I couldn't ignore the feeling anymore. It just didn't feel right to be with her. The more I thought about it, the more I realized I didn't like the feeling of being with any girl. So I thought.... I might be gay."

"Oh... cool." Tails said sensearly, wandering how me only now noticed the interlocked male symbols Knuckles wore on a gold chain around his neck.

"But today, when I saw Shadow and Sonic being so... 'friendly', it made me... uncomfortable."

"....Shadow's back?" Tails wandered why he was always the last to know everything.

"Oh... yeah."

"Thats good! Sonic was so sad without him... Anyway, so you're not a voyer, that doesn't mean your not gay, right? I mean, I wouldn't want to watch them make out, and I'm gay." Knuckles sat up all of the suddeb, turning his gaze on the younge fox. Tails blushed, his tails swishing back and forth nervously.

"You are? Sence when?"

"Sence always... I've always thought boys are cute..."

"Boys like Sonic, right?" Knuckles asked near flatly, bringing his knees to his chest and resting his face in his palms.

"......Not just Sonic......" Tails was blushing furiously, and nevously tugging the white tuff of fur on his chest.

"Oh.... who else?" KNuckles was far to entregd to feel upset anymore. "Anyone I know...?"

"......uuhhh......."

"Oh come on Tails, we're friends, you can tell me...." The red echidna was making his best attempt at puppy dog eyes, knowing Tails couldn't resist.

"...well... I've always thought..... you're really cute...."

"...really?" Tails just nodded, and covered his face with his hands, his sky blue eyes peeking through the spaces between his fingers.

"Well.... I think you're cute too... and kind, and loyal, and loving...." Knuckles said softly, taking Tail's gloved paws in his and pulling them away from his face. Tails smiled, still blushing like a strawberry, and starred at his paws in Knuckles's.

"... You wanna go see a movie with me? A good one just came out...."

"Tails..."

"yeah?"

"You are aware that you are about as red as me, right?" The little fox laughed nervously, swinging one of his Tails in front of his face and hading there, behind it. The echidna chuckled, playfully batting the fluffy Tail away from Tail's face. "I would love to go see a movie with you."

"Really? Great!" Tail's eyes lit up like adorible blue fireflies. Still blushing furiously, he leaned in and kissed Knuckles on the cheek. The echidna turned a cute pink color, as a wide smile spread over his face. "So how about we go to dinner at Zenny's, then catch the late show?"

"Sounds good to me."

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~

"Mmmm, That was good..." Sonic said before licking the chocolate off his lips. He leaned forward, to get a better view of Shadow as he walked back from the little quaint shop, holding a single chocolate shake. "Took you long enough, and were's mine?" Sonic said as Shadoe sat across from him, and placed the shake between them on the table.

"I only had enough for one, and the deal was, I pay. You did beat me to the other icecream place, even if it was a fluke. Shadow said with a smirk, his ruby eyes shimmering in the soft light of sunset. Sonic starred at the way the soft orange light pronounced the depth of those dark, intence eyes, and for a moment everything else seemed to blur...

"Sonic...?" upon hearing his name he suddenly snapped back to reality.

"It was not a fluke." Shadow closed his eyes and chuckled, his shoulder's shaking slightly with the laugh. "So you ment to fall, hm?"

"No!"

"Sure Sonic..." Shadow stuck two straws in the milkshake, and leaned down to take a drink. "Mmmm...." he purred, while gently sucking the straw. Butterflies were suddenly fluttering around Sonic's stomach, and he could feel hot blush on his cheeks. "Are you blushing at me faker?" Sonic growled half heartedly, and bit the straw vishoulsy.

"Shu' up" He said through his teeth, before sucking in some of the sweet chocolate shake. Shadow chuckled warmly, also biting his straw.

"Yur a' amusing 'un, Sonic." he said, before also drinking the shake. It suddenly occured to Sonic how... couply this was. He didnt have time to let the thought go any further, because Shadow grabbed the glass and pulled it toward himself. Sonic reached out impulsivly to grab it back, but Shadow grabbed his hand first. There fingers tangled together, and thier hand rested, joined together, on the table.

"Are you holding my hand?" Sonic paused drinking to ask.

"No, you are holding my hand."

"Oh," Sonic snickered, "Just checking."

"Why would I hold your hand anyway?" The black hedgehog said in a mock arrogent tone.

"I dunno, why would you let me hold your hand?" Sonic shot back with a smirk.

"... The suns gone down, It's late, we should go."

"Alright, Alright.... Hey Shadow?"

"Yes?"

"Do you luuuuuurve me?"

"Shut up!" he said wjile playfully smacking Spnic on the shoulder. "Come on, lets go." Shadow stood, pulling Sonic with him by the hand, but the blue hedgehog winched, pulling his hand free and latching his arms around Shadow's neck,

"...My leg still hurts."

"No problem." Shadoe lifted Sonic carefuly, holding him with obvious affection. He walked away from the shop and down the sidewalk, starring up at the silver stars blossoming over the violet sky. "Beautiful night, hm?"

"Yeah..." Sonic sighed, relaxing in Shadow's arms, and resting his head against the soft, white tuff of fur on his chest. "Hey Shadow, do me a favor?"

"What is it?"

"Run the rest of the way?"

"Sure." And suddenly everything around them was a wonderful blur, as the cold night's wind whipped around them. Sonic felt his pulse pound through his body, feeling the smooth speed of Shadow's running. His quills blew around his head wildly, and he began to laugh.

"This is fun!" He shouted, gripping Shadow tighter around the neck. But all to soon they were back at the house, and Shadow was gently placing Sonic on the pourch. He hobbled on his one good leg, still leaning on Shadow to avoid falling.

"I had alot of fun today... maybe you want to get together again tomarrow?"

"Sure!" Sonic said with a smile, already looking forward to it.

"Great." Shadow said, flashing a smile right back. He leaned in, and quickly kissed Sonic on the cheek, turning him an adorable pink color. "See you tomorrow." And he was suddenly gone in a blur of black and red. Sonic spent a long while standing in the orange porch light, starring at the shadow he cast over the dark, wooden boards unnder his feet. His whole body felt warm and tingly, even though the night was cold and gusty.

'was that a date?' he finally thought to himself. '... maybe I should ask Tails what he thinks...' It was just then the wind rustled a note stuck on the door. Sonic wobbled around and yanked it off, before flipping it open to read.

Dear: Sonic

Don'y worry, we didn't abandone you ^_^. Amy is out shopping, Rouge wanted to go for a fly by herself (she's sad lately, have you noticed?) and me and Knuckles are out on a date. The door is unlocked so... I hope you're not a burgerler ^^; .

Luvz, Tails

'Well how do you like that, when you need the guy he's out on a date with... KNUCKLES?!'

~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^~^^~^~^~^
Ok, there!! Hope you enjoyed, please comment!!! and, comment on the next chapter too!!