Sonadow
SonicXShadow
Project: UM Code Name: Sonic by Eternal Hedgehog

Chapter notes:
First Story here, I have another one, but I'm not sure if I can put it here.
Disclaimer: I don't own them, all characters belong to Sega and Sonic Team.
Pleaes enjoy.
---

Shadow and Maria were running down the hall. A gunshot rang out and Maria gasped as if hit. She slowed herself down as if feeling a great deal of pain. She looked at Shadow and saw him looking at her from the corner of an eye.

"Are you-"

"We'll worry about that later Shadow, Grandfather told me to get you out of here."

"But Maria..."

Now in the room with escape pods, Maria couldn't help but regret what she was about to do, she thought about the still small hedgehog hidden somewhere in the ARK, remembering that he was going to make Shadow stronger. Maria contemplated how she and the project would get to the planet as she set up the launch of Shadow's escape pod. 'I'm sorry Shadow...'

Shadow gasped as one of the pods came down with him inside. "Maria, what are you doing? You have to get out of here too!"

"I'm sorry Shadow," she threw herself on the floor and made what she knew Shadow would always remember. "Shadow, you were created for the benefit of man kind, please Shadow... for all the people on that planet, give them a change to be... happy..."

"Maria!"

"Promise me Shadow...."

"I promise Maria..."

"Sayonara, Shadow the Hedgehog..." Maria said as the pod was ejected from the colony.

"I thought I heard voices in here..."

Maria hid her face as two G.U.N agents walked into the room.

All they saw was what they thought was a dead girl. "Shit! She must have gotten him out of the colony before she died, this place is of no use to us now, let's go tell the Commander..."

Maria waited for half an hour before getting up and making her way to where Project: UM Code named Sonic was hidden...

---