Sonadow
SonicXShadow
From Princess to Slave by Eternal Hedgehog

Chapter notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own anything.

I tried to incorperate the real Mighty into it...
9999

Sonic had been living with Shadow, (more like clinging to him) for a few days. She and Shadow were in the gardens when his father came to find Shadow.

“Shadow, there are some people to see you…”

“Thank you father. Come Sonic, let’s meet the guests…” Shadow said getting up and holding out a hand for Sonic to take.

“Yes Shadow…” said Sonic taking his hand in hers. They froze in mid-motion, their hands fit together perfectly… Sonic looked at their joined hands and then slowly looked up at Shadow, there was something shining in his eyes, but she couldn’t identify what it was…

Shadow held his breath, as soon as their hands met he felt a jolt of electricity go down his spine. ‘What the hell? Her eyes… they’re hypnotic, such a beautiful green, no not green… emerald.’

His father coughed to get their attention. “They’re waiting for you Shadow…”

They snapped back to reality. Shadow nodded and helped Sonic up.

His father pulled him aside. “Don’t get to attached to her Shadow, she’s taken. By Mighty…”

Shadow glared at the name. The only people who liked Prince Mighty were his parents… and Sonic’s mother apparently… “I’m not going to let her go without a fight, Father.” said Shadow sharply. “He’ll have to fight me.”

“Shadow…” said his father exasperated. “You will have to, she is to marry him on her next birthday…”

Shadow glared. “I don’t care.”

“Alright…”

9999

Shadow and Sonic had gotten to the throne room where their guests were waiting. Sonic was nervous, who was it? Mighty? No… he couldn’t know this soon… her friends had promised to get her away from him somehow…It didn’t sound like Mighty though… “Who is it Shadow?”

“I don’t know Sonikku… let’s find out.” Shadow looked down at her with a smile.

She nodded as the guards opened the door for the two of them. The first thing Sonic saw was Knuckles. She looked at Shadow with a deadly glint in her eyes barely hidden by a questioning look.

Shadow smirked down at her and nodded. He walked into the room first and the three looked at him, stopping what they were doing.

“Hey Shadow!” called Knuckles jovially. “How are you?”

“I’m ok… but I would advise the three of you to run, run like hell…” He stepped aside to reveal a really angry Sonic.

“I’m giving you five seconds head start…” she said calmly smirking.

Tails Rouge and Knuckles looked alarmed and looked at each other before taking Shadow’s advice. They ran, as fast as they possibly could to get away from their enraged princess. “Who knew Sonic could look so deadly!” said Rouge.

“I know,” said Tails. “She’s scary when she’s mad, but now…”

Knuckles nodded. “I feel like finding a rock to hide underneath… we just came to tell her some news… I’d hate to see how she feels when she finds out how bad it is!”

They heard rockets and looked to the left they saw Shadow gliding beside them. “What news do you bring?” he asked.

“Bad news I’m afraid,” replied Rouge. “Her mother is going to be calling Mighty soon… like sometime today! And she’s going to ask him to bring her home!”

Shadow looked back at Sonic, his eyes softening to show sadness. “He’ll have to fight me for her.”

“We figured you would fight to keep her, and actually, if he tries to take her from you he is outside the law, because she belong to you.” said Tails.

“Oh?” asked Shadow. “Really?”

“Yes,” said Tails. “ I did some research on the slave trade when we were looking at ways to get Sonic away from Mighty. It turns out that Sonic’s soul is bound to yours until you free her, and it has to be you that frees her. Otherwise she will always come back to this place, back to you. She won’t feel whole until she is within your protection.”

Shadow’s eyes widened. “Wow, I had no idea…” he looked back at Sonic again. “She really does belong to me, and that’s why she has been so calm…”

Tails nodded. “That’s right, she is now utterly out of Mighty’s reach, as long as you don’t free her.”

Shadow smirked, Mighty had no idea! He was free to marry Sonic as long as he didn’t free her first! He felt… felt… really happy, no not happy, elated. He turned around and caught Sonic by the wrist and pulled her away from her chase. “You can continue to chase them in a minute Sonikku…”

She stopped and let him pull her away from the friends she was mad at. “You are utterly safe from Mighty here.”

Sonic smiled and jumped on Shadow, hugging him. “I’m glad.” she whispered.

Shadow let her go and she shot after her friends to thank them, she was about to get the bad news.

9999

Sonic caught up with her three friends and got in front of them. “Thank you…” she said smiling.

“It’s no problem Sonic,” said Rouge. “We do bare some bad news though…”

“What is it?”

“Your mother said that she was going to tell Mighty soon, she might have already sent him a letter!” Rouge said, her eyes wide with untold fear. “I don’t think he will stop until he has what he wants, and that’s you, Sonic…”

“Well then,” said Sonic, “I will just keep coming back here then… You didn’t tell Shadow how to free me right?”

Tails answered this time. “No, just that only he could do it alone…”

Sonic grinned. “Good, if Shadow doesn’t know how to free me then he can’t.”

9999

Aleena put the finishing touches on her letter to Prince Mighty and his parents. ‘There I’ll send this out in a few minutes, I can trust Mighty to bring Sonikku home. And maybe we should bump up the date of the wedding? I’ll have to talk to Mighty’s parents first…’ She picked up the letter and added a post script hoping that she could talk to Mighty’s parents before the end of the week. She stood, letter in hand, and walked out of her private study. After about fifteen minutes the letter was on it’s way to Prince Mighty and his parents via her fastest currier…

9999

Prince Mighty stood on his balcony the letter from Aleena in hand. Mighty had armadillo ears and a devil-may-care attitude. He was a mean, angry and disagreeable person. It was rumored around the kingdom that he enjoyed torturing people of lesser class. Every person in the kingdom pitied the princess that would marry him, he would completely crush her spirit. He glared into the distance, how dare his betrothed run away or be kidnapped… she was a disgrace to all royalty. He would get her back… she would regret ever trying to get away from him.

His mother watched him brood on the balcony. “Mighty, are you alright?”

“Yes Mother, I’m fine I just don’t know why the lovely Princess Sonic would want to run from me…” said Mighty in a hurt, depressed voice. He even had his parents fooled. They thought he was a nice young man when he wasn’t. the only reason he wanted to marry Sonic was because she would be a challenge to break and he loved the challenge…

His father was at a table in the room watching the two of them interact and smiled. “Mighty, Alice, come inside and have some tea.”

“Yes Father. We’ll be right there.” Mighty said nodding to his father.

“Alright Aden.” said Alice quietly turning to the king. King Aden and Queen Alice were benevolent rulers. Nobody knew how Mighty had turned out the way he did with parents like them.

“Did you see the letter Queen Aleena sent?” asked Mighty, putting the letter on the table.

“No we haven’t,” Alice answered. “You have been keeping that letter to yourself!”

The king nodded. “You have been Mighty, are you letting us see it now?”

Mighty nodded. “Yes Father. Her Highness, writes that Sonic is missing and she wants me to find her. I am going to go find her, I’m worried about her as well.”

The king became alarmed as he read the letter. “She has not said how long her daughter has been missing, Mighty she could have been missing for weeks.”

“No Father, I don’t think she’s been gone long.” Mighty reassured him. “A day or two, maybe three at most.”

“That is still a long time Mighty!” exclaimed his mother. “She could already be dead now!”

“No Mother, Sonic is too strong to be killed in just a few days.”

“If you’re certain Mighty…” said Aden. The letter wasn’t very long but conveyed the queen’s emotions well. The letter read:

Dear Anon Royalty:

This is Queen Aleena of the Light Kingdom, I am writing to you about a little problem that has arisen in my kingdom. My dearest daughter, Princess Sonic is missing. Her friends have tried to assure me that she will be just fine but I can’t help but worry. No one has seen her since late afternoon yesterday and I fear the worst.

I also think that even as you read this she could be going through torture! I would go look for her myself but I have no time. Please do something to help, she is betrothed to your son, I was wondering if he could go out and look for her?

Your Most Sincerely,

Queen Aleena

P.S. Is it possible to bump up the date of the wedding? It would be great if we could talk about the in person. If it turns out that Sonic has run away then she will try again.

Queen Alice looked away from the letter sadly. She and Aleena had been friends a long time, it pained her to not be able to help her daughter.

Mighty stood. “Mother, Father thank you for the tea. I’m going to go pack for this little errand.”

Alice and Aden nodded. “Make sure to double check your supplies.” his mother cautioned.

“Yes Mother.”

9999