Sonadow
SonicXShadow
Shadows of the Past by Eternal Hedgehog

[Reviews - 9]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:
Ok! This is on ff.net also... Anyway...
Disclaimer: I don't own any of them. Please enjoy and don't forget to review!
000000

High above the Earth the creation of the ‘Ultimate Life Form’ was nearing its creation. The creator of this amazing creature had searched long and hard to find just the right soul for his creation. He had dubbed it Project Shadow: Shadow the Hedgehog. It hadn’t been until the year before that he had finally found, what he hoped at least, was the right soul.

"Is it finished Grandfather?" asked a teenaged girl.

"Just about, little one..." Gerald chuckled, carefully putting the last finishing touches on his most incredible creation. Gerald smiled thoughtfully. "Now, my greatest creation, you lack only the true spark of life...all you require...is a soul." He paused, carefully reaching out to a vial created from an unearthly material. Within it glowed the dark and reddish essence of a powerful soul...one tainted with darkness, yet in it, was a strange light... He hesitated, not knowing what this experiment would lead to, but...for the good of mankind, he pressed on. "Now, my creation...live." And in this being, the black Hedgehog Shadow, he placed life.

Maria looked at the vial. "Do you know whose soul you used?" she asked as Shadow began to awaken.

Gerald watched his creation carefully. "I believe, my dear, that it was the soul of a powerful and noble hero who lived long ago..." And, as an after though, Gerald mentally added 'And I pray I am not mistaken... Yet, a soul of this magnitude was necessary to bring my creation to life...'

"You mean like one of the people that were part of the strange happenings on Earth a few years ago? Or do you mean a Pharaoh?" Maria was curious.

Gerald frowned. "Well, that...is the puzzling thing of it, my dear. Science knows so little on the supernatural, as they are like friends that seldom meet...but, from all I can gather...this soul was indeed that of an ancient king… And yet..."

"And yet?" she prompted.

Gerald sighed and focused on Shadow. "And yet, this soul has been active very recently or...so it appears, from what I can tell...it has actually taken some...form or another, though I do not know how."

"Maybe the soul belonged to the legendary "Nameless Pharaoh"?" Maria wondered aloud.

Gerald chuckled. "My dear child, don't believe all the stories you hear..."

"But I just love the story of the 'Nameless One' it would be so... poetic if that were his soul!" she exclaimed. Maria looked back at the container when she heard movement inside.

"Well," Gerald chuckled, almost not noticing, "I don't think much of such stories, little one...but you can ask him yourself, I suppose. And there he is now." Gerald murmured, getting ready to free his creation.

"I hope he remembers." said Maria. Maria pressed the button to open the container. "Hello Shadow! I'm Maria."

"Sha...dow...?" The other asked, eyes blinking through the mental haze. "Who's...shadow? Is...is that my name? N...no...wait...I..." He groaned softly again and tried to get out of the strange thing he was in. ...Only to fall back him, learning that his arms didn't feel like moving just now.

Maria helped him get out. "You are Shadow."

The hedgehog's dark eyes blinked thoughtfully. "I...am?" He nodded slowly. "Okay..." He muttered... "What am I doing here?"

"What is the last thing you remember? My Grandfather created you for the benefit of mankind..."

"Created?" Shadow echoed, confused. "But..." He frowned deeply. "I...remember..." He tried very hard, thinking until his brain hurt..."A...face. I think. Something...I...I don't know...it's too hazy. And...a name. N...no...a...a title. 'Nameless one'" He sighed. "I don't remember anything else, though. My head hurts so much."

Gerald laughed. "Well, well, Maria...perhaps you were correct."

Maria grinned.

"Correct?" Shadow asked, feeling more confused than ever. He felt...strange...then his legs decided they didn't appreciate all the work they were doing and went on strike, making him collapse. "Oww..."

"Yeah, Grandfather created your body and then had to find a soul. I was telling him just before you woke up that it would be poetic if the soul he found belonged to the 'Nameless One' and I was right, as usual..."

"Soul...nameless one..." Shadow hung his head, feeling suddenly exhausted. "...I...I don't understand."

"You don't have too."

Gerald smiled. "It appears our new friend here could use some rest, my dear. Perhaps you could help him to the room we made for him?"

Maria smiled. "Of course Grandfather." She helped Shadow get back up and led him from the room. 1

"Thanks." Shadow murmured softly, sighing.

"It's ok, get some rest Shadow."

"Okay...oh, wait. Umm...what's your name?" Shadow asked, his eyelids slowly drifting shut.

"Maria." Came the quiet reply. "Good night Shadow."

"G...night..." Shadow yawned. As shadow slept, dreams and visions plagued his tired mind and he tossed and turned, whispering soundlessly in his sleep to phantoms unknown...

Over the next year Shadow and Maria became friends. Shadow grew fond of the girl in a sister/brother sort of way... And, though he could not help being depressed over his lack of memories, her presence helped…

00000