Sonadow
SonicXShadow
The Lonely Life I Hate by Faker_Face

Chapter notes:
Please report any glaring mistakes, and I will fix them. Thanks and leave reviews!
For view only at http://www.sonadow.com! Do not distribute this story without at LEAST asking for my permission, please! :3

As with everyone else on this website, and any other website containing FAN FICTION *ahem* I don't own these characters. I guess only the idea is mine, not that anyone cares. :p

Anyway, this is my intended ficcie for the manga contest thing (if that’s still even going on). This is the sequel to “The Lonely Life I Love”. Shadow is confident that tonight he will confess his feelings for Sonic. But how will it end? KEEP READING AND REVIEWING. :3

By: Faker_Face http://fanfiction.sonadow.com

The Lonely Life I Hate…
***
CHAPTER ONE


It was yet another rainy day and it sure wasn’t making Shadow feel any better about his plans for tonight. Just last night he spent his time planning and thinking of what to say to the love of his life; he hadn’t slept at all. It was so difficult and nerve-wracking that he thought of abandoning the cause just before he left his place. But Shadow was lucky because he was as stubborn as a mule; once he had his mind set on something he wouldn’t give up.

Why should he give up? He’d been settling for five years and now and had nothing to show for it. He was going to tell Sonic once and for all how he felt, even if it meant losing him forever. In any case he’s already used to that kind of outcome.

Before Shadow had left that day he called up Rouge for a little pep talk. She backed him one hundred percent and even gave him some advice on how to kiss him just right. It caused the black hedgehog to blush and growl, “Dammit, Rouge. Stop that!”

”Oh, don’t get your quills in a knot. I’m just trying to help.” She cooed sweetly into the phone.

”It’s not going to go down like that, I’m sure…” Shadow said, trying to rub the red off his cheeks. “Besides… I don’t have the guts to pull something like that off like you do.”

”You never know, Shadow. You’d be surprised what love will make you do.”

Shadow smirked to himself, “And I suppose you speak from experience?” He heard a laugh from the other line that went on for a few seconds.

”Two words, sweetie. Bank robberies!” she giggled.

Again the bat girl made a good point. She did love jewels quite a bit. Loved them enough to break into maximum security banks and museums; She had even tried stealing one from her boyfriend. “Very funny, Rouge. I’ll keep that in mind, anyway.”

”Good luck, baby. Don’t take no for an answer! Show that boy whose boss!” she said excitedly. All he could do was chuckle a thank you and hang up. She really had a way of making him feel better. He shoved his phone back into his jacket and continued walking. This time he was prepared for the weather and armed with a small umbrella. He sure as hell wasn’t going to get sick because of the rain; especially not tonight.

It took Shadow what seemed like ages to get to his destination. He was in enemy territory; and it was frightening. His heart raced as he climbed up the steps to Sonic’s place and knocked at the door. It felt like it was jumping around in there and getting stuck right in his throat. And when the door opened it got worse.

“Shadow! Hey man! What’s up?” Sonic smiled widely. “You’re crazy walking around in this weather!” The blue hero pulled him inside to get him out of the elements. Shadow looked around at the mess in there and felt his eye twitch. Rouge had picked on him for being such a neat freak; and no matter how many times or where he saw a mess he felt like cleaning it. Maybe all those years in a sterile environment had something to do with his unusual quirk.

”Sonic…” Shadow began, looking into his eyes with a confidence that instantly seemed to run away in terror. “Hey uh… I was hoping you’d come by my place later.”

”Really? What’s the occasion?” Sonic asked with a grin.

”Well… I finally had my place worked on. Thought you’d like to see it. Besides, I got a new HDTV to get on Xbox Live.” Shadow said, trying to think of a way to get him over there.

”Oh sweet. This’ll be awesome! I’ll bring my headset!” With that the hedgehog took off. Shadow blinked and thought to himself that he didn’t mean for him to come over so soon. When he came back a few seconds later, he was ready to go. “So hey, why didn’t you just call me anyway?”

Shadow looked at him and laughed nervously, “Oh well you know. I though it’d be rude to have you go all the way over there in this weather. Which reminds me… you really should grab a jacket.”

”Yeah?” was all Sonic said as he ran over to the adjacent side of the room and grabbed one from a coat hook on the wall. “Let’s book it.” He snickered as he went out, Shadow following close behind. “Race ya there, old man!”

In spite of his better judgement, Shadow couldn’t really refuse a good challenge. “I don’t know... I’d hate to put you to shame, faker.”

”We’ll see about that, Shads! Go!”

***
END OF CHAPTER ONE

Alright, so here’s the first chapter. I hope you liked it! I’ll be working on this all day so keep looking for chapters every few hours or so. >>;