Sonadow
SonicXShadow
The Lonely Life I Hate by Faker_Face

Chapter notes:
Please report any errors you might find! :3 Also, leave a review! They motivate me to write more when I hear your thoughts!
For view only at http://www.sonadow.com! Do not distribute this story without at LEAST asking for my permission, please! :3

As with everyone else on this website, and any other website containing FAN FICTION *ahem* I don't own these characters. I guess only the idea is mine, not that anyone cares. :p

Anyway, this is my intended ficcie for the manga contest thing (if that’s still even going on). This is the sequel to “The Lonely Life I Love”. Shadow is confident that tonight he will confess his feelings for Sonic. But how will it end? KEEP READING AND REVIEWING. :3

By: Faker_Face http://fanfiction.sonadow.com

The Lonely Life I Hate…
***
CHAPTER TWO


In contrast to the trip it took Shadow to get to Sonic’s place, this one lasted about 2 minutes, if not less. Both hedgehogs ran at top speed in the pouring rain, through muddy and oily puddles and even through and over heavy traffic lined up on the highway. Needless to say, both of them acted recklessly and without any regard to safety. The only thing that mattered to them at that moment was winning.

Shadow practically flew up to his doorway, shouting triumphantly knowing he had got there first. As he stood under a balcony for cover he couldn’t help but wonder where Sonic was.

”Hey, Shads!” Sonic snickered. Shadow looked up in complete surprise and saw Sonic dangling his legs off the up stair neighbor’s balcony, smirking and completely drenched. “First you invite me over then ya take all day getting here! How rude!”

Shadow smirked. “How did you manage that, huh?”

”Ah, its easy when you’re the fasted hedgehog on earth!” he prodded his thumb against his chest and beamed in pride before hopping off the ledge and landing in front of Shadow.

”Well looks like you got me this time, Sonic.” Shadow snickered and opened up his door. “Ladies first.” He said with a slight bow.

”Heh! Jerk!” Sonic strolled in and wiped his shoes on the mat by the doorway. “Whoa! Classy stuff ya got here, Shadow!”

The black hedgehog walked in as well and took off his coat. “Glad you think so. I’m pleased with it myself. Here, I’ll throw your jacket in the dryer.” Sonic handed him the drenched jacket and smiled widely.

”I wish my placed was like this. But uh..” he said scratching the back of his head, “I’m not so motivated when it comes to cleaning up.” Shadow gave him a ‘I noticed’ look before disappearing into the next room. Sonic strolled around, poking and prodding things of interest when he noticed that brand new TV Shadow was talking about. “Holy cow!” Sonic gasped, “It’s huge!”

Shadow walked in the room somewhat quietly and noticed Sonic’s attempts to admire the piece of hardware from different angles. He noticed immediately the sight of the blue hedgehog’s tail swishing back and forth. Although the spectacle was pleasing to the eye, it did little to calm his apprehension.

”Shads!” Sonic shouted, turning suddenly and greeted with the black hedgehog being unusually close to him. “Whoa! Heh heh! When do we get to fire up this baby, huh?”

”Hmm… we could now. Have a seat.” Shadow said as he got the TV and Xbox ready. Sonic had set his headset aside and synced up his controller.

”Let’s play some co-op first. There’s way too many brats on Live at this hour, anyway.” Sonic snickered. Shadow plopped down next to him and smiled; he was right. Before he knew it they had been playing for a few hours and there was no sign of the action letting up. “Damn, Shadow. Didja have to put it on the hardest mode? I keep getting my ass kicked.”

Shadow snickered and clicked away at his controller, “Aww, I’m sorry! I thought you were used to that already?”

”You gonna be that way, man? Fine! Let’s see who comes to save your ass when the Elites come gunning for you!” Sonic smirked the same competitive way as usual and laughed at every great in-game feat of his. Shadow was having a tough time with the game with all the thoughts on his mind, but he was still enjoying Sonic’s company.

When it was all over they sat back and turned on the cable feed. “Yo you got any food?” Sonic said, looking a little embarrassed for asking.

”Sure. Help yourself. No,wait… on second thought, I’ll make something. I don’t need you eating everything in sight.”

”Wow, thanks a lot.” Sonic huffed as he followed Shadow. He bumped into his back when the black hedgehog suddenly stopped in the middle of the trip. “Hey, man! What’s the big deal?” he laughed a little.

Shadow turned around and looked at him right in the eye. “Maybe this isn’t such a good idea.”

”Huh? Eating?” Sonic asked, slightly confused.

”No. It isn’t that. Sonic, I have to admit I feel kind of guilty having you here like this.” Shadow said.

”Are you kidding? I’m having loads of fun. What’s up…? Nothing’s going on is there?” Sonic asked, tilting his head in concern. He was pretty sharp when he wanted to be. And that look of concern was getting Shadow nervous.

”Well… sort of… Sonic.” Shadow finally answered. “I’ve got something on my chest that’s been weighing me down for a long time… but I haven’t been able to tell anyone about it.” Sonic was staring at him hard, trying to figure out what he was trying to say. “I invited you over because… well… I want to tell you about it.”

”Wow… I don’t know what to say, Shads.” He said with a slight smile. “I’m glad you trust me enough to tell me.”

Shadow stared at him for a long time, trying to think of a way to tell him. It wasn’t as easy as television or books made it sound to confess to someone that you love them. It’s even worse when you know the possibilities of it going well are a million to one. Considering this was Sonic the Hedgehog, it only meant he was more than able to run away that much faster.

“Sonic… when I first met you and your friends my life was a real wreck. We all have gone through a lot since then, and I may or may not have had to go through even more just to come to terns with my past and what it meant in my life. But there was something else going on that I couldn’t explain or come to terms with until right now. It’s the only thing I have to left to confront.”

Sonic was listening intently to what he was saying. He knew that when Shadow had something to talk about it was always something very serious. His life really was like a train wreck and he knew that if he didn’t listen to what Shadow had to say, no one else would. The fact that he was comfortable telling Sonic spoke volumes too.

”It’s been five years since I realized something inside me had changed,” Shadow continued, “… and that would be the feelings I had… for you.” Shadow looked up at Sonic and stared right into his eyes. What bit of color Sonic had in his face seemed to have disappeared and the look of shock was settling in. “I’m in love with you, Sonic. I have been for a very long time… I just didn’t have what it took to tell you…”

***
END OF CHAPTER TWO

Ok… I’m on a roll peeps! Next Chapter is Sonic’s reaction to the news! Review please! :D