Sonadow
SonicXShadow
The Lonely Life I Hate by Faker_Face

Chapter notes:
Please revie!!
For view only at http://www.sonadow.com! Do not distribute this story without at LEAST asking for my permission, please! :3

As with everyone else on this website, and any other website containing FAN FICTION *ahem* I don't own these characters. I guess only the idea is mine, not that anyone cares. :p

Anyway, this is my intended ficcie for the manga contest thing (if that’s still even going on). This is the sequel to “The Lonely Life I Love”. Shadow is confident that tonight he will confess his feelings for Sonic. But how will it end? KEEP READING AND REVIEWING. :3

By: Faker_Face http://fanfiction.sonadow.com

The Lonely Life I Hate…
***
CHAPTER ONE



The cart ride to didn’t take long, although Shadow would have preferred to run there himself. Unfortunately it was the only way to get to the jungle area. Maybe after a few races they could check out the temple together. “So you ready to race or what?” Sonic asked him suddenly, snapping Shadow out of his thoughts.

“I’d love to.” Shadow said with a grin of his own. It was so nice to have someone like Sonic to keep his mind sharp. Only he could get away with challenging him.

“Great… this is how it’s gonna go down.” Sonic explained the course in detail since he knew the area pretty well. “If you manage to find a shortcut, go ahead and take it. The race ends by the old Egg Carrier crash site.”

Shadow nodded in agreement to the terms and poised himself for the race. It began without a single word, the two hedgehogs tearing through the jungle at incredible speeds. The leaped, slid, vaulted and ripped through the foliage to get to their destination. Sonic was feeling lucky; he knew the area well enough to find the shortest distance. When he finally arrived at the crash site, Shadow was already there with a smug expression on his face.

“How did you do that?” Sonic asked, scratching his head in confusion.

“That’s my secret.” Shadow purred.

“Oh come on… you didn’t chaos control did you?” Sonic asked with an annoyed expression.

“I’m not cheating. Honest!” Shadow said, “Don’t be a sore loser.”

“Ok ok. But you better not be trying anything funny for the next round! We’re headed to over in that direction.” Sonic began to explain where the course would end; it was near cave of sandy rock. Shadow nodded and gave him a wink before the two began their race; it went on like that for a few hours. Words were exchanged and bets were made, but most of the time the outcome was as same as the first.

“Man, there must be something wrong with me today.” Sonic said as he sat on the huge pillar atop the temple, overlooking the whole area. His legs dangled lazily over the edge as he looked over at Shadow.

“It’s not like it’s any surprise. I am very intent on beating you.” Shadow replied as he leaned back onto his palms. He gave Sonic a nudge and made him laugh a little, “It’s not so bad, though. Right?”

“All I have to say is that I’m glad its you and no one else!” Sonic grinned.

Shadow smirked at his love and said, “Don’t worry, Sonic. I wont tell anyone.”

“Wow, thanks.” Sonic said sarcastically. “I hope you don’t let this go to your head. After all, I won a few times!”

“Of course not.” Shadow promised. The two of them leaned over for a quick kiss.

“You seriously need to stop doing that.” Sonic smiled and scooted closer to Shadow, one arm resting behind Shadow’s back.

“Doing what?” the black hedgehog asked.

“With all this attention you give me, I feel like I’m being spoiled rotten.” Sonic sighed lightly and smiled a little.

“Have you ever thought that maybe I was doing it on purpose?” Shadow asked him, the two of them nuzzling their foreheads together.

“No…” Sonic said, “But if you are that’s pretty damn nice of you.” The blue hedgehog purred and looked down at the greenery below. “You’re so good to me… I don’t know if I could ever really repay you.”

“That’s not necessary, handsome.” Shadow said with a kiss to the soft patch of fur inside his left ear.

“H-Hey! That’s tickling me, man.” Sonic whined, pulling away.

“Oh yeah? I’ve got to remember that.” Was his purring response as Shadow’s hand pressed firmly against Sonic’s chest. He pushed him onto his back against the ancient stone platform and layed next to him lazily. “Here’s to a job well done.”

“Huh?” Sonic asked, slightly confused as he felt one of Shadow’s hands petting his stomach and rubbing it thoroughly. His self control was all but spent within seconds of feeling those fingers running through his thick coat of russet fur. “Ahhhh… yeah…” Sonic sighed, instantly stretching out his body and falling back limply. The purring coming out of him was beginning to make Shadow laugh.

“Damn Sonic… if I didn’t know any better, I’d say your acting more like a kitten than a hedgehog.” Shadow purred and continued to give him a well-earned belly rub. He wasn’t getting any kind of response from Sonic that made any sense. By the time it had ended, it took a few minutes more for Sonic to come out of his daze.

“Man, I needed that.” He let out a heavy sigh as he grinned up into the clouds. “You really know how to use those hands of yours.”

“Well I try.” Shadow responded as he sat back up. He did so just in time to hear his phone chirping. Sonic sat up and looked at him with a confused expression as he answered the phone.

“Hey Rouge!” Shadow greeted, giving Sonic a ‘it’s just her’ look before turning back around. “Yeah, I’m out with Sonic now. He wanted to race down here in the Mystic ruins.” Sonic couldn’t quite hear what she was asking him.

“No…” he gave Sonic a wink, “We haven’t quite gotten to that yet. Although… we definitely will when I tie him up to the bed, tonight.”

Sonic stared at him with a red face, looking somewhat angry and unsure whether or not he was being serious. Shadow reassured him by ruffling up the top of his head playfully.

“Rouge wants to talk to you, lover boy.” Shadow smirked as he held the phone up to him. Sonic snatched the phone and turned away from him with a huff.

“Sonic here!” he said lightly.

“Hi there, sugar! You know… I just wanted you to know how glad I am that you two are finally an item.” Rouge said to him.

“Well…” Sonic began, scratching his ear in embarrassment.

“Really, I am! You have no idea how long he’s been pining for you… you’ve really given him a new lease on life, you know? He just loves you to pieces!”

“Err… yeah, I know. I have to admit it wasn’t easy at first… but Shadow treats me better than anyone I’ve ever been with.” Sonic replied.

“Just between you and me, sugar,” she began, a sneaky tone already apparent in her voice, “He always had this little dream about you.”

“R… Really?” Sonic began, moving the phone to his other ear so Shadow wouldn’t be able to hear anything.

“Oh yes. I remember he said it was about you and him at the beach together. Maybe one of these days you could make his little dream come true?”

Sonic blushed a little at the idea. “Shadow had dreams about me?” Sonic thought to himself. “That… that sounds great.”

“You two have fun now, sweetie. And don’t let him gloat too much about beating you!” Sonic heard her kiss into the phone before hanging up.

“She really is something else.” Sonic smiled as he handed back the phone.

“If it weren’t for her I would have lost my mind years ago.” Shadow said as he shoved the phone away.

“So, you wanna head back to Tails’ place?” Sonic asked, stretching out his arms.

“Sure. No hot action in front of the kid though, alright? Don’t wanna scare him or something.” Shadow smirked as Sonic put an arm around his shoulders.

“Nah!” Sonic began with a wink, “Looks like we’ll have to get in what we can on the ride over, huh?”

***
END OF CHAPTER SEVEN

Ok so Sonic and Shadow are definitely on a roll. I need to throw in something dramatic, but what could it POSSIBLY be?! :O Nope. Not telling~! Please review!