Sonadow
SonicXShadow
The Werehog's Shadow by Blizzard

Chapter notes:

Billy Talent fueling me today, I love that band <3 Oh and Breaking Benjamin and Three Days Grace. C:

Shadow bolted down a hill, all that could be seen was his golden streak behind him. He narrowed his eyes as he dodged between cars coming uphill and the cars behind him had no chance of catching up. His skates scorched the dry pavement as the sun beat down on his working body. The black hedgehog pushed himself further into the realms of speed. He was speeding so fast everything was mixed into a greyish colour. "Hmph. This is the colour of life in this city. Grey, colourless and boring." He thought to himself. The anti-hero's thoughts transferred to Sonic again, as he wished for some competitive spirit to come and boil his blood. Adrenaline was already pouring through his mind, he was surprised he was actually able to think while moving so fast. The hedgehog clutched the Chaos Emerald dearly and uttered two words that made him disapear from the naked eye. He reappeared infron of Sonic's house, and brought up a gloved hand to knock.

---

Sonic stretched as he walked to the door, willing to stretch his legs as fully as they would take. He could have been on the same brainwave as Shadow, because the black hedgehog came into his mind as he thought of a high speed race. He was only just taking a break from any adventures, and he hated the mini 'holidays' between. Sonic The Hedgehog lived for adventure! He reached for the door and twisted the handle quickly. The door flew open and supposedly hit something on the other side. "Oh! Oops!" He thought it would be Amy to come bothering him again if anyone but peered out of the door to find the very supersonic anti-hero he was just thinking of. "Oh.. Heh" Sonic took on a 'Sweatdrop' face and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Grrr. Forget it. I dont even know why I came." Shadow grumbled and started walking off, rubbing his sore nose and stomping off.

"W-wait! Sorry, heh. You up for a race, or ya too scared?" Sonic asked nervously, he knew the black hedgehog could always start a fight out of nowhere. He was more powerful than Sonic too.

Shadow turned dangerously slowly, his upturned quills swaying slightly in the soft, welcoming wind. Sonic gulped. The look in those crimson, barren eyes were making his stomach tie into very tight knots. Altough they were so inviting, something made him want to look into his eyes. Sonic suddenly thought back to his dream. The red orbs that had destroyed the emerald colour forest. They looked similar, but something was missing.

Shadow glared intensely. "What?" He muttered harshly to a lost in thought Sonic. He turned his whole body around and let out a low warning growl. His nose was still throbbing. Sonic's eyes were so lost in thought, his eyes looked like they were glazed over. Shadow rolled his eyes and started to walk away, which broke Sonic's eye contact. He blinked twice and started over to follow, but then he realised his question hadnt been awnsered. "Hey, you too scared for a race? Shadow?"

Shadow shrugged as he walked off, clicked his hover skates on and gave one last look back before bolting off. Sonic smirked and chased, finally happy to stretch his legs after waiting a WHOLE night until his slow Werehog form vanished. He didnt even get to go for a night run!

The black hedgehog narrowed his eyes. they hadnt a destination and he hadnt exactly agreed to race. Oh well. He figured they just should run on his usual morning run about the city. Wait, Shadow only used to give Sonic a race when it was a special occasion or when it was his Birthday, why was he racing him now?

Sonic caught up to Shadow effortlessly, they werent going that fast. "What's up Shadz? You losing it already? I told you Im faster" Shadow grimaced and gave another glare. "This is my 41st lap, Faker. However, I am not done yet." He whispered the last part down Sonic's ear (Which made Sonic shudder uncontrollably, yet it went unnoticed) and sped up, the light from his hoverskates lighting up and making it hard for Sonic to see anything but the fire from them. The hero also picked up his speed, adrenaline splashed through his head as he let his arms hang behind him and took a more streamline position to stay faster using less energy.

All the colours blurred into one again, and because they were near a particulary grassy area there was grey mixed into green. Shadow looked beside him as Sonic crept up, his feet once again hitting the floor so hard and fast it made a continuous noise. they pushed more at the sound barrier, and eventually it broke, causin a very loud sonic boom which, as it was doubled, echoed about the whole city twice over. Everything was silent apart from the two supersonic hedgehog's breathing, the continuous sound of Sonic's feet and Shadow's rapid swish sound of his hoverboots. Shadow smirked. "When does the race start?" Sonic smirked back. They were neck and neck, but still not as fast as they could go. However, if they stayed too long in the same speed they would tire each other out completely and have to take a break for about an hour. The competitive trait in Sonic kicked in and he sped forward, facepalming Shadow and laughing slightly. Shadow swatted Sonic's hand away and by the time he recovered, Sonic was a few feet infront. He growled and pushed against his speed, putting his already tired body into overdrive. Sonic watched as the angry Shadow caught up. He gulped and started avoiding Shadow completely. "Heh, you had a bug on your face so I had to get it off" He smiled innocently. Shadow gave a deadpan look and gave an expression that Knuckles gave every time Sonic went near or touched the Master Emerald without permission. "You fight dirty for a 'Hero'" Shadow muttered, his words were whisked away by the wind. It was getting hard to hear each other now. Sonic twitched his ear. "What!!?" He shouted over the sound of their laboured breathing, footsteps and wind. Shadow blinked once, then widened his eyes. "Sonic! Watch out!" Sonic turned, but was too late. "Wha-"

Woooosshhh.

Shadow stopped as quickly as he could, his hoverboots making a huge scorched dent in the floor. He really needed to ask Tails for some breaks on them.

Sonic had flew off of a cliffside, that if he wasnt so bent on looking back and boasting that he was ahead, he would have seen it and turned. Shadow didnt notice it either, but he was more smart than to look continuously behind him going at such speeds.

The cliff was up high and was on the edge of the forest nearby. It was very steep and the ocean was what Sonic would hit below if Shadow didnt do something. Sonic, shaken and panicking, fell towards the great stretch of sea water. He yelped and reached out to catch a branch, but he was falling too fast. He HATED water. He would be so stubborn even to take a bath, so resorted to Showers.

Shadow, shortly after breaking, took a running leap off the cliff and fell vertically, aiming to get to Sonic.

His attempt was futile that way, as Sonic was too far now for that method. The anti-hero grabbed the Chaos Emerald from his quills and Shouted "Chaos Control!" He appeared next to Sonic, both were falling fast, but Shadow was falling faster. He grabbed ahold of Sonic's waist and they both fell vertically. Shadow fumbled with the Chaos Emerald and Sonic panicked again. "GAAAAH! SHADOW HURRY UP! ITS NOT MY TIME TO DIE!!" He yelped. Shadow gave a warning glare and shouted the two words like before. The water had been less than two foot away from his quills.

They appeared at the grass where Shadow's hover boots made the scorch marks. They both landed in a pile on the floor with a hard thud. Sonic was hyperventalating and clutching onto Shadow. Shadow looked over to Shadow, who wouldnt release his white tuft of fur on his chest. They lay there for a minute or two, catching their breath, then Shadow had had enough of the close contact. "...Sonic.. Get off." He muttered, still breathing heavily as he couldnt breathe properly with the wind rushing to his face. Sonic blinked, catching his breath finally. "Oh." He shrunk away from Shadow quickly and sat up. "I hate water.. Falling doesnt help." Shadow smirked. "Well next time dont walk off of a cliff." Sonic glared, his emerald eyes too friendly to be threatening to a friend. "Well you're the one who was looking ahead." Shadow's smirk grew wider. "Well you're the one who wanted to boast about being ahead by about an inch. Besides, I saved you, so I won the race." Sonic blinked. "Naw, thanks for saving me and all, but I still won the race." "That makes us even, then."

Shadow got up and brushed the twigs out of his hair. The wind had brushed his hair back into good shape. He was ready to get home now, it was early evening.

Sonic shakily got up. "Oh! I have to get back to the vet before they close.." Shadow looked back. "I still have a Chaos Emerald." Sonic's face lit up. "I dont mean to be lazy or anything, but, can you take me there?" Shadow nodded slowly. "Chaos Control!"

The two hedgehogs appeared outside the Vetenary, Shadow started to walk off. "I have to go somewhere." Sonic nodded. "Bye Shadz"

Shadow Chaos Controlled to his house. He thought back to the race, he was letting Sonic win by staying a few inches back. Or was it just the fact that he was tired from the laps he had done before. He could tell he was acting different around Sonic now. What was it? Was he finally thawing? The anti-hero thought hard, reflecting as he approached his door. Someone called from behind him. The black hedgehog turned to find the white bat, Rouge. He smirked tiredly. Rouge was one of his only close friends that he could trust. They talked a bit about their day after Shadow greeted her and walked into his house.

---

Sonic opened the door to the Vetenary and straight to the door where he had talked to the Vet before. Owners with animals stared at him in the reception as he walked to the room, but he looked back and gave a trademark smile. The blue hedgehog walked through the door and saw the familiar pup sitting in the corner, curled fast asleep in a dog basket wearing a blue bandanna. He looked up to the vet. "Is he gonna be alright?" He asked, curious.

The vet nodded. "His wounds have all been treated and they should heal up quite well. However he needs a home and somewhere to rest until his wounds heal up. We're booked full here for kennels, I dont think he'd do well in them anyway. Too fragile."

Sonic nodded, taking in the information. He thought Amy might like a dog, or Tails could do with company while he was out on a dangerous mission. Shadow was out of the question, he was always doing something dangerous. Sonic's mind started visioning Shadow saving him from falling again and again, and when the Vet coughed Sonic jumped slightly. "Oh, well, I, uh, dont know anyone who could take him."

The vet gave a questioning look. "Oh? You wont take him? He seems to be attatched to you. He behaves totally different when you're gone. He wont eat, wont drink and wont stay still. If you look closely, we had to get him a Sonic plushie to make him feel safe. The pup's past must have been bad and he must have wanted to find another 'Pack', because he thinks you're his alpha now.

Sonic blinked. He couldnt look after a dog, he didnt know how.. "Uh, doc Im always on dangerous missions, I dont think he'd be good with me." The vet looked to the sleeping pup. "Well we'll keep him here for tonight anyway. Tell us if you change your mind in the morning. To be honest, I think this pup isnt just a dog. I think he's a wolf hybrid." Sonic blinked. He still remembered the dog's silverblue eyes. "Do you have a name for him?" The vet asked. "Have you seen his eyes? I think we should call him Blue or something." Just then, the pup gave a loud yawn as he woke up, then bounced over to Sonic, tail wagging. His wounds looked much better healed than when he had saved him in the morning. "Blue it is." The dog made a "Woo-Woo" Sound, just like Sonic had heard a Siberian Husky do before. The hero petted Blue on the head and began to walk out. The vet walked towards him. "He is too attached to you, if you leave him here he will chew the place apart." Sonic rolled his eyes. He'd have a hard time explaining to Tails now. Plus he still had the Werehog problem to worry about. !!! THE WEREHOG PROBLEM!

It was almost night now, and Sonic had to get the heck out of tehre before he transformed, leaving the people in there scarred mentally. Sonic nodded and headed for the door. "I have to go quickly, I.. Forgot something! Come, Blue." The Wolfdog followed him eagerly, even running ahead of Sonic until they got ouside. He had forgotten to ask for a lead.

---

Shadow was on his couch watching T.V. Rouge had gone home about an hour ago, she hadnt stayed for long, she was passing by. He flicked through the channels, bored already. He switched it off and looked deeply into the Chaos Emerald, remembering back to earlier in the day. "Maybe I am losing my touch.... To that stupid Faker." The black hedgehog whispered to nobody in particular.

Chapter end notes:

Chapters getting longer C:

Reviewwww :D