Sonadow
SonicXShadow
Vertical Infinity by NiGHTShadow

[Reviews - 76]   Printer Chapter or Story
Table of Contents

- Text Size +
Chapter notes:
I was surprised I didn't get many reviews for my last chapter, but that's cool, because now I can assume that everyon understood it! MWAHAHA and such!
I don't write a chapter every day, just so that you readers know. I have plenty of chapters written out, I just never put them up all at once. That seems like biting more than you can chew, you know? But if I put up chapters too slow, you guys can write and be like 'hurry up!'
Chapter 4: Sky

Vamo’alla

Sometimes, Vamo’alla’s eyes would open, but she could not see. Everything about her was black.

Sometimes, she would sing to herself, and she would feel movement. But then, she would return to sleep again.

She could breathe, talk, and open and close her eyes. That was all. It hurt to move any other part of her body, and so her body had become useless.

She no longer dreamt. Sleep was not a relief from being awake, because it felt the same. And she wasn’t quite sure that she was awake.

Her mind had stressed to her the importance of waking up soon. She agreed with herself. It would be a good idea to get up and stretch soon.

So she needed to get her brother to come to her. How would she do that?

She settled into her sleep and began to plot.

Sonic

“What’s wrong, Sonic?” Sonic jumped at Tails’ voice. He must have been standing on the top of an apartment building for at least an hour, staring off into the sunset. He was worried about Shadow, and worried that he was worried about Shadow, and worried that because he was worried about Shadow something strange was happening.

“Uh…” He turned to his younger fox friend, wondering how exactly he could explain himself. He wasn’t always truthful with Tails, because his younger companion wouldn’t understand what Sonic wanted to tell him. Tails was oblivious, outside of his work, and it made Sonic wary of telling him things that would cause his friend to become too confused. “…Nothing.”

Tails made a face. “It’s gotta be something.” He urged. “You’ve been up here all day. It’s a good hiding spot though. Amy’s been looking for you.”

“You don’t say.” Sonic said dryly.

Tails smiled. “I told her you were cleaning up the outskirts of Westopolis.” He explained. “This is the last place she’d look.”

“I think Amy has like, a sixth sense for me or something. She manages to find me everywhere.” Sonic looked back at the sunset. “Yeah, tomorrow I’ll have to hide somewhere else.”

Tails snorted, and Sonic, surprised, looked at his friend. “Amy made a discovery today. She’s so excited about telling you…” He trailed of and Sonic moaned.

“Amy’s last discovery was a set of stars that somehow looked something like me, Tails! I don’t even want to know!”

Tails wagged his tails. “It’s not like that. She found a huge capsule, and there’s something inside. It sings.”

“A capsule?” Sonic wondered. “A capsule that sings?”

“Yeah. The Black Arms must have left it. We tried to destroy it, but Amy won’t let us until you see it.”

“Figures.”

Tails chuckled. “Maybe you ought to give Amy a chance, Sonic.”

“I think we’ve talked about this before.” Sonic was right, they had. It had ended in Sonic cursing all things pink and hearted.

“Well…” Tails said, with a sigh. “She’s going to keep bugging you until you tell her you’re not interested.”

Sonic wished Tails wasn’t always so right when he spoke about the ‘relationship’ that Sonic and Amy supposedly had. He blamed all of Tails’ knowledge on relationships on TV. Darn that Dr. Phil! “I guess so.”

Tails changed the topic. “So where was Shadow going?”

“He’s still trying to figure out his purpose.” Sonic said, looking away from Tails nervously. “He doesn’t want any help.”

“Why not?”

“I don’t know. Actually, he said I made things worse.”

Tails sounded a little surprised. “I thought you and Shadow were friends.”

“Yeah, I did too. But I guess not.” Sonic sighed. “Anyway, he left in a hurry.”

“Yeah. But you never came back.”

Sonic gulped. He hadn’t returned. He had totally forgotten. “Oops.”

“S’okay.” Tails said cheerfully. “I thought maybe you had chased Shadow around for a while.” Tails paused suddenly. “Sorta like how Amy does to you.”

Sonic froze, shocked. “…What are you saying?” He asked.

Tails grinned cheerfully. “Nothing.”

“You’re saying something, and I want to know what it is!”

“What am I saying?”

“You’re saying that I’m Amy!”

“I never said that!”

Sonic glared at his best friend for a couple seconds, then grinned. “Alright, alright. I do act like Amy a little bit.”

“All you need is a hammer.” Tails nodded to himself. Sonic laughed.

“Yeah, and I’d need to be psycho.”

SOOOOOOOOOONIC!

“Holy crap! Do you think I’ll survive if I jump off this building?”

Tails sighed. “I don’t think you have to try to be psycho, Sonic.”